Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

TEST Feedback (5.110 Phase 1) for 3/26/2020

On 3/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, Durenthal said:

Knight... So the only thing you did to the swordsman spec was take away plate armor.  It still does terrible damage.  Because of the pain you've inflicted earlier in the talent tree, it actually does LESS damage now than when it was a plate class that did crap damage.

My lvl 30 knight with the capstone talent does significantly less damage than my lvl 22 myrmidon that doesn't have the capstone talent yet.

Please - fix the swordsman spec in knight to be an actual DPS promotion.

They also nerfed the keystone, it use to be 50% basic attack dmg + 50% basic attack cap now it 50/20 so any basic attack bonuses on knight are pointless cauyse the base cap is 30% +20% = 50% which they get all from the the passive keystone which kinda sucks.
So any basic attack dmg from the passive tree/items are useless which was there main form of dmg output.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Please oh please give back to Swordsman the plate armor. It's a Knight and he is supposed to wear plate. Dont ruin it for us Rp medieval poorly made dergs people...

I have a lot of good things to say about this patch so far, but I'm going to withhold them because I want to see how they interact in a PVP environment.

There are only a few significant bads for me. In order:

• Performance is MUCH worse for me in this patch practically everywhere. The only time I would dip below 40 in the last patch was during a 50 - 100 player siege in a keep. In this patch I get 25 - 35 standing in the woods with some mobs and maybe 15 players in draw range. This may have something to do with the new NVIDIA graphics card driver that I keep hearing about, but overall performance is pretty dooky.
  • Frostweavers need a limit on how much ice they can place. 15 is far too many per player on a balance scale, but it also doesn't help with performance since they vomit on screen affects. Divine light was bad enough and it was just a little pulse.
  • Crafting sucks far too much ass at the start of the game right now. The only thing worth bothering to craft right now is jewelry and runecrafting stuff. Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Woodworking won't come online for likely a month or more and even then they will likely be worse than optimized Wartribe gear that I will undoubtedly farm. We've complained and moaned about this since the magic loot was implemented. Our crafters should feel useful and wanted at all stages of the game. Not sitting on the bench until passives catch up. If I didn't have multiple accounts I would be disgruntled about this.

Otherwise all the little bugs and minor annoyances are fine, being reported, and I'm pleased as a peach about this patch. Thank you for your hard work, and I can see that there is a real game here to be played.

Dregs this Thursday at noon?

• From the combat I experienced on the Myrm I was leveling seemed to be a lot smoother power after power. The Beserk mechanic seemed to feel as though I had a chance to cancel it all the way up to the very last second where as before that felt iffy. Felt that maybe the Berserk pool that pops up needs to be 15-20% bigger. Seemed like I was still having to look down more at the power bar rather than whats happening in front of my character, but I do like that it is now placed under the character on top of the tray.
  • The leveling experience itself seemed alright. Definitely noticed I was having to run to new locals for higher level mobs more often where as in the previous versions one could stay in a certain zone in one wartribe till a certain level then move to a new zone rinse and repeat. Didn't mind that artifact binds were a little bit harder to get and craft in fact it made it feel better that when I had enough to make one or two I felt good. The worlds seemed more like an actual world with the different building and land parcel features that were on each map making them feel unique. Not sure if this was the randomizer at work but I liked it. One thing I definitely noticed myself doing, and loved it, was after the first couple night cycles it got in my head that "Thralls are gonna pop up be on the look out" and so as each night started to approach I would find myself getting sidetracked trying to find Thralls in different zones everytime. Found myself as I was leveling in the beginning rather than later doing more crafting and harvesting as I was running out for wartribes or animals for exp.
  • Fps was lower than usual but even though it was lower it would still stay within that range. For example with graphics on medium and everything turned off I found myself hovering around 43ish fps. Server stability wise as of Sat 3/28/20 snaptest, server seemed to be in a good place the entire time at least it seemed that way on my end. Maybe had seen a spike once or twice briefly.
  • All in all this was a good start. Keep it up.

Crowfall Affiliate link:

http://crowfall.com/register/?affiliateCode=furriousbeardshow

• New registers get into earlier Beta Groups + Store Discount

Discount Code: furriousbeardshow

Posted (edited)

love the new graphics and updates to the temple/keeps/etc. looks essentially like a finished game. tho i find it strange that the lawn inside the forts/keep are unmowed. maybe you should hire Mowllusk's Mediocre Lawncare Services to help out. but really, seeing what has been accomplished makes the long wait worth it.

i find it weird that forstguard doesnt get a debuff to their range like sanctifier does. not that i think either should have it. but with plate and all the armor buffs they get not sure its "balanced", guess see how it plays out.

what is melee supposed to do against forstweaver? seems like its a death sentence to go after them especially forstguard. rdps will be able to just sit next to them with little worries of melee pressure.

i like the change to stormcaller. tho gaias wail still doesnt work with any sort of dependable consistency. Lightning burst is very slow and too easy to dodge. also, why does the frostweaver get a cooler looking storm ability then a stormcaller......

seems like you nerfed the heck out of crit strike while not nerfing anti crit strike. really i think anti crit gear should reduce crit amount not crit strike. crit strike seems like its not going to be a useful stat to invest in until "late game" crafted bodies.

alot of the forstweaver abilities are way overdone visual wise. going to be really irritating in large battles for everyone. especially whatever that pulsating green aura move is.

also, very impressed at how fast you improved the servers between thursday, friday and saturday.

p.s. please fix druid balls

Edited by oneply
clarity

• The distance you added when facing party members on the compass is a nice change.  I'd like it if there was also some indicator of *who* you're looking at, as well, whether it's their name or a symbol or something else.
  • Selling items one at a time to a vendor is still a pain-point.  I'd like to see it function like the sacrifice pits, where you drop multiple items in at the same time, then confirm once. Or, at the very least, add the quick reaction y/n hotkeys to the shop window to speed up the process.
  • It's getting pretty late in the game without hide nor hair of mass production.  I really hope it, or some helpful alternative, is on the schedule some place.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the new look for the doober drops.  Too many particles, and the glow-y bits are really harsh compared to how they were before.
  • The God's Reach maps feel really sparse for npc's, poi's and resources, with a lot of space in between.  It makes a certain amount of sense for pvp-enable worlds, less so here.
  • I agree with a lot of other folks; the passive training isn't paced very well starting out.  Players, especially new ones, should be unlocking things early and often, even if they're relatively weak gains.  You could even add a "tutorial" skill tree to start with that touches all areas of the game.  It could be maxed within a day or two, but each node would be unlocked within minutes and hours instead of the longer ones we have now.  I think it would be a good UX change.
  • Something feels off with the left-click basic attacks.  Maybe some of the underlying tech changed?  I seem to always do one more attack than I really wanted to, like the action key powers aren't interrupting them correctly like I'm accustomed to.  The power queuing in general doesn't feel as responsive as the Live version, and I find myself hitting a key second time that I should've already hit.  It also really feels that most of the basic attacks that I've tried so far are slower than they used to be, to some small or large degree.  Whether it's a bug or you just decided to make changes, it feels a lot more sluggish now in general.
  • The power scaling for npc's that are higher level than you feels really artificial with how high it's dialed.  We don't need to be one-shot by things to know that they're too tough for us and we should return later.  I'd rather people were chased off injured, but intact, rather than an automatic, instant death sentence for explorers that got too close.
  • Bring back water!  I know the history and opinions of it in the game, but it looked good and added a lot to the variety of the terrain.  We don't need to swim or have naval combat or any of that.  Just a foot or two will do it, and will only add to all the terrain and lighting improvements we just got in 5.110.
  • Npc's probably have too long of a leash distance, especially given that you're locked into combat mode as long as you're on their hate list.  It's a little strange that you're in combat even when they aren't capable of hitting you with any attacks.
  • I'm a little disappointed this version doesn't have any adjustments to character camera angle or reticle position.  Some race and class combos have problematic viewing angles or are blocked by the character's own 3d model.  I'd like the ability to adjust it to my own preference, within limits, of course.
  • I like how the thralls pop into doobers instead of having to loot them.  I'd be all for expanding it to other npc's, especially animals that you might be intending to skin.
  • The random wandering around you added for npc's actually added a good bit of life to them, and made the encounters a bit more interesting.  Thumbs up here.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Opinion:

• I like the new interface - Once it will be possible to scale it (down in my case) and change position of GUI elements. (I hope it will be) I personally will have nothing to complain [29.3]
  • Drop from NPC - personally I will let them have just white and Green items. Blue one left for crafters. [29.3]

Problems (?):

• Performance - I'm pretty sure you are aware of it, but for completeness I'm mentioning it. On best setting in temple I was limited by VSync, outside starting location 50-60FPS, Marconia map drop to 10FPS. I had to change to the lowest setting and continue with 35-40FPS (7700K, 32GB, 1070 GTX - 445.75, 1440p [29.3]
  • When Crow die in group and level up, screen change to “alive” state and it’s not possible to resurrect by group member[29.3]
  • Guild crest disappear I think once Crow die or get out of reach – I must pay more attention to this next time…[29.3]

Edited by Hakrik

Posted (edited)

LMB - The Deathblow to the assassin : 

Basics : 

• Damage hasn't change on the assassins LMB
  • Speed of attack has.

The ramifications of this is :

• Less LMB damage (obviously)
  • Less PiPs.

In other words…

Over 2 rotation, you do 6 attacks.

When the second rotation finish for the live server, the test server still has to do nearly 2 attacks, to finish its 2nd rotation.

Plainly said : Deathblow to the assassin.  These 6 attacks take roughly 3 seconds on Live server.  Imagine the impact over a 3 minut fight...

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)

Crafting may need a little updating @thomasblair

This is the FIRST time, since I have been main crafting in this game for 3 years+, we have had a FULL wipe with wartribe gear out and it points to some serious issues for crafting.

Early crafting feels like it is not impactful or useful.

PROS of Current System

• I am happy with the power level of wartribe gear because I realize it needs to be relatively strong for players joining in later in the game.
  • I am also actually VERY happy my guildmates aren't all piling on me to make them gear early on.

CONS of Current System

• Even if I did want to make white or green harvesting/crafting gear, I will fail terribly for a month. Both on assembly and experimentation even if I choose right race, max right stats, and get all the disciplines I can.
  • No runemaking thralls (at least in GR) and no runemaking races making the ONE thing we can't get from wartribes very difficult to make early.
  • Helper Monkey and Risk Management got nerfed, also making it more difficult to craft.

Suggestions

• VASTLY lowering the difficulty of making and experimenting on white and green crafts. (Blue wartribe will be better than both of these, so why make it hard on us?)
  • Add other minor disciplines specifically geared for helping crafting just starting out.
  • Front load the crafting bonuses more. (Possibly make general crafting have a 1 for 1 effect and lower the nodes of the advanced trees)

ARTIFACT Feedback

• There are multiple versions of every color of artifact bind, I believe 6. Meaning there is at least 18 pieces for each wartribe.(Only saw up to blue, maybe higher and more item bloat). There is absolutely no difference or distinction or seeming reason for having different versions.
  • Artifact binds of the same color/type do not stack.

Suggestions for Artifacts

• Each wartribe should only have ONE version per color.
  • Each bind of the same color and type should stack.
  • This is to not only clear up inventory space but also take pressure off the server. Why should the server need to track all these extra items that have no distinction or effect?
Edited by Ussiah

13 hours ago, galvia said:

I have a lot of good things to say about this patch so far, but I'm going to withhold them because I want to see how they interact in a PVP environment.

There are only a few significant bads for me. In order:

• Performance is MUCH worse for me in this patch practically everywhere. The only time I would dip below 40 in the last patch was during a 50 - 100 player siege in a keep. In this patch I get 25 - 35 standing in the woods with some mobs and maybe 15 players in draw range. This may have something to do with the new NVIDIA graphics card driver that I keep hearing about, but overall performance is pretty dooky.
  • Frostweavers need a limit on how much ice they can place. 15 is far too many per player on a balance scale, but it also doesn't help with performance since they vomit on screen affects. Divine light was bad enough and it was just a little pulse.
  • Crafting sucks far too much ass at the start of the game right now. The only thing worth bothering to craft right now is jewelry and runecrafting stuff. Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Woodworking won't come online for likely a month or more and even then they will likely be worse than optimized Wartribe gear that I will undoubtedly farm. We've complained and moaned about this since the magic loot was implemented. Our crafters should feel useful and wanted at all stages of the game. Not sitting on the bench until passives catch up. If I didn't have multiple accounts I would be disgruntled about this.

Otherwise all the little bugs and minor annoyances are fine, being reported, and I'm pleased as a peach about this patch. Thank you for your hard work, and I can see that there is a real game here to be played.

Dregs this Thursday at noon?

Another option is to prevent free weaving over and over. to do this all they have to do is allow us to only weave for 3s and not reset the timer. That may even be a bug and it's really only supposed to let you do it for 3s

I enjoyed my play time but performance was so bad for me that I really couldn't do much. I was getting 10-14 FPS and there were times it was more like 1-2 but the meter didn't go below 10. I'm on a mediocre system so I don't expect 50 FPS but as it is now it is not really a game I can play. It was definitely playing on the same hardware with the last version. I know this is pre-alpha so there's plenty of time to tweak code.  

@pastywhite

I suggest tweaking some video settings. Turn off VSYNC, shadows etc.

Also play with brightness, supposedly brightness had a huge effect on one person's computers performance FPS wise.

Introduction of Frostweaver has made other DPS classes obsolete and throws off the entire game balance that was in place at 5.100.

• FW kills 3x faster than ranged DPS. Attack powers are too weak with Confessor, Druid, and Ranger.
  • FW kills 2x faster than melee DPS. Attack speed are too slow with Assassin, Champion, and Duelist.

By grouping up with a FW, a team can level faster and obtain better loot more often. All other classes can sit back and enjoy the "ice show".... 🙄🙄

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

Crafters have been forsaken by @thomasblair

But on a serious note, this is the FIRST time, since I have been main crafting in this game for 3 years+, we have had a FULL wipe with wartribe gear out and it points to some serious issues for crafting.

Early Crafting for lack of better words just sucks.

PROS of Current System

• I am happy with the power level of wartribe gear because I realize it needs to be relatively strong for players joining in later in the game.
  • I am also actually VERY happy my guildmates aren't all piling on me to make them gear early on.

CONS of Current System

• Even if I did want to make white or green harvesting/crafting gear, I will fail terribly for a month. Both on assembly and experimentation even if I choose right race, max right stats, and get all the disciplines I can.
  • No runemaking thralls (at least in GR) and no runemaking races making the ONE thing we can't get from wartribes very difficult to make early.
  • Helper Monkey and Risk Management got nerfed, also making it more difficult to craft.

Suggestions

• VASTLY lowering the difficulty of making and experimenting on white and green crafts. (Blue wartribe will be better than both of these, so why make it hard on us?)
  • Add other minor disciplines specifically geared for helping crafting just starting out.
  • Front load the crafting bonuses more. (Possibly make general crafting have a 1 for 1 effect and lower the nodes of the advanced trees)

ARTIFACT Feedback

• There are multiple versions of every color of artifact bind, I believe 6. Meaning there is at least 18 pieces for each wartribe.(Only saw up to blue, maybe higher and more item bloat). There is absolutely no difference or distinction or seeming reason for having different versions.
  • Artifact binds of the same color/type do not stack.

Suggestions for Artifacts

• Each wartribe should only have ONE version per color.
  • Each bind of the same color and type should stack.
  • This is to not only clear up inventory space but also take pressure off the server. Why should the server need to track all these extra items that have no distinction or effect?

Man, I seriously love you! Finally someone else who seems to want to craft fulltime. Most people, as well as the developers, don't seem to understand that some players find it more fulfilling to create something, not only run around and hack and slash mobs or other players!

Just started playing the game and the 7-8 hours I spent on test and live, the changes implemented on test much improved the feel of the game as well as QoL changes... So far I like the changes brought in the patch. 

Posted (edited)

I'm going to be the devils advocate, the critical guy.  I'm sure what I say won't be that popular, we have a contagious defensive optimism here.

Number one problem: This game lacks a dependable creative vision, it does not have internal accountability to successful development and implementation and the game does NOT communicate its greatness (yes, there is greatness) to the new player fast enough to keep them invested until they get there.

If ACE doesnt SERIOUSLY look at this video and understand that this is what EVERY new player experiences, then this game is over.  There is no way people will get to the end game if the new player experience is this horrible.

It's time to take a hard look at your company.  I had to do this myself about 12 years ago.  Some relationships got stomped on etc, but had we not done it, our company would have never grown.  You must remove or minimize the people holding you back, and lets be honest, something is holding you back.  Please please identify whats holding you back and make those changes.  I know it will be a set back.  You might have to take the game down completely etc, you might have to backtrack.  But the FOUNDATION on which you are building this game is fatally flawed.  The problems that exist in this game are not "something we can work on in Beta".  It doesn't matter how much flash and flare you add along the way.  Please, confront the hard choices.

I am so offended by this release.  There are others like me.  We made huge efforts to bring many many people to this game with the expectation that this release would show us you guys (ACE) can get it done.   All we did was make excuses and explain away the problems until a week later, those same people start leaving in droves.

Edited by Ble