Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To get on the live server you would only need $50.

If you're on the fence wait until the beta patch arrives (soon TM)

Since you have an account you may get access to it for free at some point during beta - but if feedback from ppl is good that would be a good time to jump in

12Oe7ot.png

10 minutes ago, Vicid said:

To get on the live server you would only need $50.

If you're on the fence wait until the beta patch arrives (soon TM)

Since you have an account you may get access to it for free at some point during beta - but if feedback from ppl is good that would be a good time to jump in

What this guy said... but to add...

Browse the recruitment forums, try to find some guild that is active, look for a "fit".. believe me it will help you immensly. This game is heavily skewed toward group play.

If this game "seems" like it is your cup of tea, spend the fifty. There is a lot to get your head around if you are looking at the entirety of the game and not just PvP. That being said, it depends on your disposable income. I never minded spending the money on games if you look at it as a sheer calculation of entertainment hours derived per dollar spent. For example, I've spent 60 bucks to take the wife and kid to a poorly made socksty I-Max movie that lasts an hour and a half. I guarantee you more value here if you wish to explore the entirety of the game, though it is quite dead at the moment. That may not be a bad thing if you are trying to learn though.

The Devs have said a ton will change with the new patch, but not so much that you will not have a firm grasp on basics once the next iteration launches in the next few weeks or so.. 
Basically it's up to you.

55 minutes ago, Dms3202005 said:

before i spend 200 dollars on this game is it dead?

Welcome to the forums.

I'll partially repeat what others already said - so please bear with me. ;)

It's not dead, but still in development. Next big step (and news) being expected within the next few weeks. If you prefer to have massive action, come back in 1 to 3 months.

However, if you don't have registered an account yet, do so - and hurry up before closed beta starts. It will enable you to participate in it for free.

Also make sure to use one of the crow-links. You should be able to enter any name of any current backer (case sensitive) into the promo code field, to apply a 10% discount to your already registered account, or enter the according promo code during registration. You don't need to buy right away, the discount will apply even at a later time WHEN you buy a game bundle.

You can get the same effect (doesn't stack though) if you join any guild via the web guild interface, before beta starts.

Those game bundles currently available in the shop can also be upgraded later. So you can buy the 50 bucks patron bundle now, and upgrade it to the 200 bucks adventurer bundle later (though the discount wont apply to the upgrade then). The latter definitely has the highest price/value ratio of any shop bundles - but you really need to want a manor for your personal EK (housing) or it won't be worth it.

Hope this helps.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

30 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

It's not dead, but still in development. Next big step (and news) being expected within the next few weeks. If you prefer to have massive action, come back in 1 to 3 months.

For clarification on my previous post, yes... @Kraahk is correct. This game, as long as many here have been following it, can tend to have a drop off, population wise so to speak. With the impending wipe of all characters and inventories, many are in a holding pattern. So again, though you may log in with few on, that is not representative of where the game will be, but just where it is in curent development.

I myself am coming back from a hiatus and just spending time getting reacclimated. You can level a starting char to max in 2-3 hours or so. You can buy runes and try out different builds rather easily. 

22 hours ago, Dms3202005 said:

before i spend 200 dollars on this game is it dead?

No reason to pay over $50 for the game. Yet to see any value in the extra items you pay more for.

Currently it is pretty dead population and development wise but as others have mentioned an update, wipe, and hopefully influx of more players will be happening relatively soon. If you've watched streams/videos and like what you see, can give it a try but might as well wait a bit and see how the update works out and if it actually delivers a more well rounded product and people start showing up to play.

Also, your website/forum account name is your in-game name for all characters. If you didn't know, you can ask them to change it.

Posted (edited)

On 2/24/2020 at 4:33 AM, KDSProm said:

Join a guild and buy after - you get 10% discount and the guild gets 1000 Crows (10 Euros/$).

Only get the 1000 Crowns from each backer in your guild.

I personally bought the Adventures pack and then many of the basic bundle for family and friends (7). So I think the game is worth the money, what pack you get is your own biz pending how much you think you'll be playing.

Edited by Azerlin