Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sims

Dear artist : Love the current gfx and keep them that way

I am overwhelm with recent trends in graphics effect in most other mmo specifically those originated in Asia (Terra, Black Desert, etc) and even retail wow .  This include over exaggerated and intense flashes, sparks, particle effects to a point where it becomes very hard to follow the combat, and not to mention my eyes start hurting.  Every unnecessary eye candy is traded for system performance and imo not worth it.   

Good thing is I don't get overwhelm with current implementation of Crowfall.  I plea with the artist to improve the scenery but not to overtune the graphics effect related to char abilities.  BTW I play a game called Mordhau that has very little gfx but still very enjoyable.

Edited by Sims

46 minutes ago, Sims said:

over exaggerated and intense flashes, sparks, particle effects to a point where it becomes very hard to follow the combat, and not to mention my eyes start hurting.  Every unnecessary eye candy is traded for system performance and imo not worth it.   

Clearly not as blinding as Eastern game titles, but the amount of visuals isn't exactly minimal in Crowfall. Considering the amount of combat that takes place in small areas be it open field or in a structure, it is a bit over the top IMO. Tight spaces, mosh pit combat, circles on the ground everywhere, fast animations, etc don't make it easy on the eyes. Not sure if it is hurting performance or not, but with how poorly it plays at times, guessing it isn't helping.

4 hours ago, APE said:

Clearly not as blinding as Eastern game titles, but the amount of visuals isn't exactly minimal in Crowfall. Considering the amount of combat that takes place in small areas be it open field or in a structure, it is a bit over the top IMO. Tight spaces, mosh pit combat, circles on the ground everywhere, fast animations, etc don't make it easy on the eyes. Not sure if it is hurting performance or not, but with how poorly it plays at times, guessing it isn't helping.

if performance is ever bad just look at the sky, your fps will double

hoayaga2.jpg