Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Surelia

Will we get a prewarning (x days until TEST)?

@Pann
I understand that there are different interests in the current hot phase and ACE has to position itself. I also understand that marketing has its needs and to be good in it therefore information is a valuable good. What i would like to ask again is an estimated date, because as important as the update for the game is, it is also important for some of us to dedicate ourselves to all the new incoming. In order to do that, at least I have to take time off from work and I have to plan this. Off course a very personal issue, but I guess with at least an estimated time you could give us all and ACE (especially yourself) some relief. The closer this date comes, the better should be a good guess possible, but as I guess that I won´t get that answer my final question will be:

Will we get a prewarning (x days until 5.110 is available on TEST)?

Thanks for all the great work that produces such excitment!

The marketing resources will go into announcing it being shipped to live, so there you can expect a warning.

Test will probably just be thrown up suddenly and announced on the day as pamin says.

Being there from sec 1 with passive training on test won't matter much, so there shouldn't be a need to announce test ahead of time.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I have also been there, so I know how they did it until today. And it is not about the beeing the first to start passive Training. It is about my personal interest and I am hoping for an official statement.

Am I the only one who would appreciate a prewarning?

31 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

We also wanted news for the last couple of months.

Yes, but as stated it is understandable for me if they want to go that kind of marketingway. Sth. I/we have to accept. If I don´t get an answer I will also have to accept that. I am just trying to ask kindly and constructive. In my mind there is a timeschedule and the "massive Reveal" should happen before it gets to TEST, so giving us this information shouldn´t trigger "CC" and might be the smallest information we can get besides DevDiaries and some DEVs commenting in Streams. The other option would be disable FW and just put GR on TEST and then do Releases.

Edited by Surelia

While we players would certainly love it if ACE treated CF as a live game, giving us advanced notice of campaigns, test builds, and wipes, the reality of it is that we're talking about a test build of a game that's in testing. Considering where it's at in development, we (myself included) take it far more seriously than we should.

I'd be very surprised if ACE knows with 100% certainty when 5.110 is going to test more than 2 days before it actually happens; when the critical bugs are gone they'll put it up without delay, but not until then. They certainly know when they want it to happen, but if they shared that with us people would throw a fit when it doesn't happen that way.

Edited by VaMei

I would also love a small heads up because I will probably also use this as an excuse to take some time from work (got the time, why not?).  I concede, however, that if I were ACE in this situation I probably wouldn't announce it much more than a day or two in advance, if that.  I am operating under the assumption that they are going fast and furious on the internal test/fix cycle and will likely push it to Test once they punch through the last of their bug fixes, and since you never know when that last fix will be verified to not come with new bugs they may not have much notice to provide unless they artificially extend the release to test for the express purpose of providing a heads up (a pointless delay no one here wants).  I can see them buying time prior to go-live release for marketing purposes, but I doubt that is of concern this round.

Edited by starrshipcs

13 minutes ago, Jah said:

Would you want them to delay putting the patch on TEST once it is ready so they can give warning?

I am convinced that at some point they can do educated guesses. And yes I see the issues that might be there with it. Still if they reveal the full Versions the marketing has to be done at that point, and those tend to be planned actions.

22 minutes ago, Jah said:

Would you want them to delay putting the patch on TEST once it is ready so they can give warning?

Yes? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

And in the end if they say "No, we can´t, the decision is shorthanded" also sth I have to live with, just wanted to ask the Question ;) Or there will be just silence

On 2/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, Surelia said:

@Pann
Will we get a prewarning (x days until 5.110 is available on TEST)?

I can see the answer here

"Sure, easy enough. Be warned, 5.110 will be avaliable on Test in X days"