Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for March

33 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Aww, I was looking forward to that interactive roads dev diary this week ūüėĘ

how about interactive dergs

hoayaga2.jpg

We can test with AI not working corectly, that is not a critical problem.If the game launches and lets us go around seeing the new stuff we will be happy to test.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, coolster50 said:

Aww, I was looking forward to that interactive roads dev diary this week ūüėĘ

Wednesday is coming. Don't tempt me. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

We know rules in Crowfall campaigns can change easily, but never expected a special mode with staring contest

Posted (edited)

Regarding individual loot, how will that impact skinning when the killer is in your group, in another group, and if they do or do not loot the mob?

Today, I can follow behind an allied player and pick up his carcasses, whether on not they are in group, regardless of whether they loot or not. For open world between allied strangers, this certainly feeds into the problem you are trying to solve; but within a guild, having a kill team and a harvest team can be a big deal. 

Edited by VaMei

On 3/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, VaMei said:

Regarding individual loot, how will that impact skinning when the killer is in your group, in another group, and if they do or do not loot the mob?

Today, I can follow behind an allied player and pick up his carcasses, whether on not they are in group, regardless of whether they loot or not. For open world between allied strangers, this certainly feeds into the problem you are trying to solve; but within a guild, having a kill team and a harvest team can be a big deal. 

i would assume it become unskinable or the corpse is only protected for a minute or something before anyone can loot it (I feel the 2nd method should be a good way of doing it much like how it worked in Everquest) Corpses were only lootable by the party/player who did most dmg to the mob to prevent kill stealing but after a minute and 20 second it was lootable for anyone.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 3/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, VaMei said:

Courtesy of @mdonley: The participation system is flagged per ruleset and currently GR only, so it  wouldn't apply to campaigns. Also, it's mostly a point of contention with Wartribes where the NPCs are dense and you're likely competing with other solo players.  Skinnable NPCs are a lot more spread out.

38 minutes ago, Pann said:

Courtesy of @mdonley: The participation system is flagged per ruleset and currently GR only, so it  wouldn't apply to campaigns. Also, it's mostly a point of contention with Wartribes where the NPCs are dense and you're likely competing with other solo players.  Skinnable NPCs are a lot more spread out.

As long as it it's GR only, it shouldn't be an issue. A dedicated Skinner isn't going to farm there, and even if they do they wont need the help of a full team.

If the system is ever expanded to include the factions ruleset it may lead to complications with legitimate farming practices.

Yes. I had to leave a bit for an appointment, but I'm back now and putting the finishing touches on Dev Diary: The Many Splendors of Interactive Roads in Crowfall. I know everyone has been having a hard jones for it. TODAY IS THE DAY I MAKE THOSE INTERACTIVE ROAD DREAMS COME TRUE!

Just now, Pann said:

Yes. I had to leave a bit for an appointment, but I'm back now and putting the finishing touches on Dev Diary: The Many Splendors of Interactive Roads in Crowfall. I know everyone has been having a hard jones for it. TODAY IS THE DAY I MAKE THOSE INTERACTIVE ROAD DREAMS COME TRUE!

This post is the bridge to our memes.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, Pann said:

but i already did a staff diary on roads?

hoayaga2.jpg

14 minutes ago, Staff said:

but i already did a staff diary on roads?

It was very informative. Don’t think we need a redundant article 

21 minutes ago, Pann said:

unknown.png

aeei5jG.png

58 minutes ago, Yoink said:

unknown.png

I "see" what you did there. 

THURSDERGS!

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai