Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Surelia

Talenttree-reset option for common vessels

While lurking around in Joveth a new Player came up with the Question, if he now really has to do a new Vessel if he wants to try out the other Specializations of his beloved Stoneborn Knight.

Would a Talentpointreset on common Vessels fix that and if so is it possible?

Potion of Regret. Takes a fair pile of non-basic mats to make, but nothing exotic. Quality of the potion must be greater than or equal to the quality of the vessel.

If you want to reset a common vessel, you can buy mats off the vendors for cheap and make it yourself. If you want to reset a Lego... Get busy & find a good alchemist.

Edited by VaMei

1 hour ago, VaMei said:

Potion of Regret. Takes a fair pile of non-basic mats to make, but nothing exotic. Quality of the potion must be greater than or equal to the quality of the vessel.

If you want to reset a common vessel, you can buy mats off the vendors for cheap and make it yourself. If you want to reset a Lego... Get busy & find a good alchemist.

I like this idea. It at least is something that rewards having a halfway competent alchemist. Sure, experimentation is still useless on it but its a start.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

By 'fair pile of non-basic mats', I'm thinking something like 100 each of ore, stone, logs and hide.

At current prices that's 3200g for the new player to reset his basic vessel using vendor goods; not cheap and easy for a brand new player, but plenty cheap enough for someone to experiment with once they start to understand the game.

4 half stacks of Legos, each from a different gathering trade, is going to be painful price to pay for any veteran; especially since it'll fail 2%(sic) of the time with the best alchemist.

If the pain level needs to go up another notch, make it strip discs too. It's still a low pain solution for that new player trying to figure out what they like, but a real tear jerker for the veteran.

I'd like to see Vessel sacrifice. Seems like a huge waste to have to level a vessel of any quality to simply try it out and then potentially end up deleting it with nothing in return. Other games operate like this, but they also offer a much more robust PVE experience that likely isn't the same thing over and over. Assuming someone new hasn't amassed a ton of items to sacrifice. Could put an age value on vessels, the older they are the less they are worth. Someone that got a fair amount of play time out of one would get less back vs someone that tried a class/promo out for a couple hours and just didn't click with it.

Or ya, just have a dang click this button here and reset talents. Cost or not.

Edited by APE

6 hours ago, APE said:

I'd like to see Vessel sacrifice. Seems like a huge waste to have to level a vessel of any quality to simply try it out and then potentially end up deleting it with nothing in return. Other games operate like this, but they also offer a much more robust PVE experience that likely isn't the same thing over and over. Assuming someone new hasn't amassed a ton of items to sacrifice. Could put an age value on vessels, the older they are the less they are worth. Someone that got a fair amount of play time out of one would get less back vs someone that tried a class/promo out for a couple hours and just didn't click with it.

Or ya, just have a dang click this button here and reset talents. Cost or not.

Problem with this is in the beginning when we don't have custom vessels people can just change their promotion ad hoc. 

unless they limit this only on God's reach, and not in campaigns 

the alchemist could also melt some gravegoods to make a special sacrifice-item that triggers the reset

Edited by Surelia

Really, I sort of always hoped it would be one of the VIP perks in one form or another.  It's not really "power" per se, but it sure would improve flexibility.

Say a 1/week/vessel character reset for VIP's, use it or lose it. So no daily/situational flip flop, but frequent enough that you can refine/try new things with a vessel you have already spent time putting XP into.  

2 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Really, I sort of always hoped it would be one of the VIP perks in one form or another.  It's not really "power" per se, but it sure would improve flexibility.

Say a 1/week/vessel character reset for VIP's, use it or lose it. So no daily/situational flip flop, but frequent enough that you can refine/try new things with a vessel you have already spent time putting XP into.  

my intention was more about a new player having to lvl 3 knights to see/test every available promotionclass.

10 minutes ago, Surelia said:

my intention was more about a new player having to lvl 3 knights to see/test every available promotionclass.

I have no problem with unlimited resets of white vessels that are in GR or EK's, since those are the "try before you buy" sort of thing, which is why all the runes for them are sold from NPC vendors, AND those runes can't be used to upgrade.

That said you also have to realize, you can level a white vessel just a couple of hours, less if you have the sacrifice stuff from guild mates or PUG a war camp with others.

The speed curve for leveling white to cap in CF is insanely fast compared to any other game I can think of, and we know 5.11 will include even more ways to get XP. (Harvesting, Crafting, etc.)

The real issue for me is vessel slots. Do I want to use 3/6 of my vessel slots trying three different styles of the same thing? But frankly, if it's not in or on the road map yet, it's almost certainly not important enough to delay release to build. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

9 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

The real issue for me is vessel slots. Do I want to use 3/6 of my vessel slots trying three different styles of the same thing? But frankly, if it's not in or on the road map yet, it's almost certainly not important enough to delay release to build. 

Completly agree with that you can not expect ppl playing alpha beta or last month before launch to try everything and be prepared to with clear idea. i think some kind of quality of live improvement would be good for all.

A Vessel reset potion would be a welcome addition.  Utilizing Grave Goods as part of the recipe would also be great to see (like, they could categorize the Grave Goods so you need a few of each type at the right rarity).  It would reset talents AND stats and there should be a cheap white one available on a Temple NPC vendor.