Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Poll: Crafting for good or profit?

Crafting for good or profit?  

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. As a crafter, do you provide services free with provided mats or "no gold, no goods"

• Free with mats
    • No gold, no goods

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2020 at 10:00 PM

As a crafter, do you provide services free with provided mats or "no gold, no goods"? #CrowfallGame #choices

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I know our guild tips in dust or embers if an outside guild crafts item. I don't know anyone paying in gold. Current use for gold is disciplines.

Chose "no gold, no goods" but that really just means "I expect a meager tip, preferably embers but dust or additional mats will do the trick too".  Gold doesn't hold much value for anyone with a Blackguard at the moment.

From a comercial guild perspective a deal can be done for important resources at that time, gold is rarely required though and the stalls deal with that stuff.

Generally Chaos embers is the preferred currency because of value and rarity.

Posted (edited)

The question as framed is a distinction without a difference. To an established player gold has little or no value. Embers are the currency of choice for high end gear, but dust can get you mid-grade stuff.

For now, all of my goods and services go to the guild. Would that be free with mats?

When I'm an independent, show me the money or don't waste my time.

Edited by VaMei

It depends on what I am making, and for whom I am making it. If it's something simple like a runetool, I'll usually just do it. If it's a complete set of armor, that's something else. As others have said though, gold isn't valuable after a certain point. I've got more gold than I need. Embers and dust are much more valuable.

You should really add another option. “No embers, no goods” as embers are the actual currency of the game not gold. Since gold is near worthless to a crafter. Dust is also an acceptable currency 

Posted (edited)

As the spokesperson for North America's premier Crafter, I will say that the answer is Yes.

Sometimes payment is required. 

Sometimes payment's not desired.

Many right-clicks that have transpired.

Paw fatigue until we've retired

From the job which we've been hired

Until DRERGS release we're UNINSPIRED.

#dregs #dergs #bringoutyourdregs #showmethedergs #wholetthedergsout

FB_IMG_1582234489183__01.jpg

Edited by Dern

Here the problem Gold is useless :P its item for embers it seems more than anything else. Gold only realy used for buying from vendors but only item for crafters worth buying tend to be chaos embers which on one sells sooo yeah. Only way i see making gold worth something if there was a way to buy gold and dust with it atm although should be double the going price of them at least.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 hours ago, oneply said:

You should really add another option. “No embers, no goods” as embers are the actual currency of the game not gold. Since gold is near worthless to a crafter. Dust is also an acceptable currency 

Pretty much unless people sell embers regularly there no point having golds cause if u cant buy embers from somone you just sit there with a pile of useless gold.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

In every game i always advertise free with mats, but would accept tips.  For every cheap person there's a good handful who tip more than i would have charged for services.  Even some of those cheap people were the ones responsible to referring very generous people my way.

In Alpha?  People who I'm generally crafting for don't have other options and I rarely ask for even full mats.  I'll tell them beforehand to supply the dust/embers/epic+ ore-stone-wood-leather/ambrosia.  If that 2% fail rate bites I'll usually cover another bar/arm/etc on my dime.

If the noob seems like a reasonable person and I have a surplus of mats?  I'll probably just hand them the blue vessel/gear with just a minor dust co-pay.  If they seem spoiled, complain about a quoted cost or rush me despite warnings it might take a while (crafting time generally also means other things going on in real life that slow everything down dramatically) then I'll refuse outright, ghost them, or openly demand way over market value.

If I feel someone has done right by me?  I'm obviously not going to charge them anything if I have the mats... 

If you want to get a real econ loop going Sell dust and Embers for gold from a vendor. But remember 1 ember is what 75 dust? So price accordingly. 1 dust 10 gold 1 ember 750 gold could be an interesting starting number and adjust from there.

4 minutes ago, srathor said:

If you want to get a real econ loop going Sell dust and Embers for gold from a vendor. But remember 1 ember is what 75 dust? So price accordingly. 1 dust 10 gold 1 ember 750 gold could be an interesting starting number and adjust from there.

The only issue is that people would farm the gold in a safe zone instead of having to go into risk zones to get the embers. 

Maybe if it was a vendor in the campaigns that only appeared in a special outpost/fort/keep. 

21 minutes ago, oneply said:

The only issue is that people would farm the gold in a safe zone instead of having to go into risk zones to get the embers. 

Maybe if it was a vendor in the campaigns that only appeared in a special outpost/fort/keep. 

Or a traveling vendor.  Look for them on the interactive roads:

43 minutes ago, srathor said:

Yep. I've long thought there should just be a NPC vendor with dust/embers. Those prices maybe a tad low though. 

34 minutes ago, oneply said:

You can farm dust and embers in EK or safe zones too. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

5 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Yep. I've long thought there should just be a NPC vendor with dust/embers. Those prices maybe a tad low though. 

You can farm dust and embers in EK or safe zones too. 

Don’t think you should be able to get embers anywhere else but the campaigns. And dust should have much lower drop rate in safe zones.