Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Helix

Should NA/EU/CN/etc be segregated (ip blocked)?

IP Block?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NA/EU/CN/OC guilds be forced to play on their own servers by IP Block?

• Yes, the game will be zergy enough without them.
    • No, I've got friends I want to play with.

Anyone who says were racist never played Shadowbane.

I played Shadowbane since 2006 to the end and i can say that many of you are racist.

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

You guys are just being racist

Playing a sand box MMO and yell because of got out numbered as you guys have never united together.

Like gw2, u can find hongkonger and all other asians over there.

So those guilds will find people from different time zone for world vs world and I see no problem with this.

I remember there is 3 time zone in US too, how about making 3 servers for US and do ip lock to each other?

Or just make the game like CS or some FPS so you will never end up out numbered?

I remember those CN guild did fight each other in SB but the losing side will be kind of absorbed.

If you guys can motivate enough people to join this game or make others work together then you could win.

MMO is about co-op

Why do we have to unite along ethnic lines? That is the racist thing in fact. I understand that this may be useful re. language but it is otherwise pointless and, in my experience (SB) harmful for healthy multi-lateral competition.

In actual SB today (both SBemu and Magicbane) there is one Chinese+Korean (+ now some westerners it seems) mega-zerg that basically just conquers everything. Magicbane has been pushed to near-extinction by this dynamics and SBemu is threatened by the same sad destiny, just because the CN-KR bloc won't ever split nor fight "intestinely" at all.

Worse: when you happen to talk to some of them, they seem to believe that SB is "my little farm", from memory: "I love this game, it's very good, but I don't like the PvP. The good thing is being with friends and farm..." (CN macro farmer at Oblivion). What?! :blink:

Anyways, I do not think that IP-baning is probably needed if there are regional slice servers. It's plausible to think that most of those pesky CN will prefer to play in their own local time server and maybe eventually learn to fight among them instead of racistly bullying the rest out of the best game ever. However I would indeed appreciate an Euro-African time zones server and not need to be awake at 4 am for banes every other day, regardless of IP baning or not.

Why do we have to unite along ethnic lines? That is the racist thing in fact. I understand that this may be useful re. language but it is otherwise pointless and, in my experience (SB) harmful for healthy multi-lateral competition.

In actual SB today (both SBemu and Magicbane) there is one Chinese+Korean (+ now some westerners it seems) mega-zerg that basically just conquers everything. Magicbane has been pushed to near-extinction by this dynamics and SBemu is threatened by the same sad destiny, just because the CN-KR bloc won't ever split nor fight "intestinely" at all.

Worse: when you happen to talk to some of them, they seem to believe that SB is "my little farm", from memory: "I love this game, it's very good, but I don't like the PvP. The good thing is being with friends and farm..." (CN macro farmer at Oblivion). What?! :blink:

Anyways, I do not think that IP-baning is probably needed if there are regional slice servers. It's plausible to think that most of those pesky CN will prefer to play in their own local time server and maybe eventually learn to fight among them instead of racistly bullying the rest out of the best game ever. However I would indeed appreciate an Euro-African time zones server and not need to be awake at 4 am for banes every other day, regardless of IP baning or not.

The funny part is that you say that they are unskilled, carebears, farmers and you still lose over and over since 2004

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

aren't they?

you wanna say otherwise?

There are some good players also there it is just that when you use zerg you don't need much skills other than been able to follow orders (in every game not only in Shadowbane) but that don't mean that some of them aren't good players. I remember a thread on Ubi forum about a templar that everyone was thinking was one of the best until ppl discovered that he was from Arirang, than for some reason he become unskilled ;)

PS You must be happy that the large part of the zerg is made by underaverage skilled players, you are loosing since 2004 against bad players, if they were also good players you could have stopped to play years ago.

Edited by cappaspada

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

There are some good players also there it is just that when you use zerg you don't need much skills other than been able to follow orders (in every game not only in Shadowbane) but that don't mean that some of them aren't good players. I remember a thread on Ubi forum about a templar that everyone was thinking was one of the best until ppl discovered that he was from Arirang, than for some reason he become unskilled ;)

PS You must be happy that the large part of the zerg is made by underaverage skilled players, you are loosing since 2004 against bad players, if they were also good players you could have stopped to play years ago.

exactly, they lost the game to the "farmers" and keep saying they are unskilled

why they can't put it this way:"those CN found a way to beat the game by just farming"?

They all unskilled because they are unite together and because they do things strategically rather than get into fight directly when u are not capable to. WTF?

Lets put it this way, if you cant take that, then don't call yourself a skilful player, because you are incapable to survive that.

And they actually hoping the CN-KR split and kill each other so they can win LOL calling this victory? lame

As I know EVE online doesn't have this problem even there is many CN in that game as well.

I picked no, I wanted to pick "Please gawd don't make me circumvent some stupid wall for playing with buds!" but it was there.

IP block means nothing today with VPN, tunneling and whatever else you can throw in so all you would be doing is creating a frustrating barrier for folks to play with friends. I played Eve for awhile and I thought that was one of the coolest parts of that game. All the intrigue and chaos from all of the different time zones presented on a daily basis made for some really fun reading, and to a greater extent more game play because it was hell trying to manage of those time zones, and the players needed to fill those slots.

Please don't go creating artificial barriers. Its just a time waster and in the end I think it would just push people away from a great game when you make it harder to connect to friends. I do not want to spend more money a month on a VPN plus a subscription just to play my game.

I wouldn't mind seeing region servers. I even think they are needed for latency issues. But it should remain optional to connect to US servers for Europeans and other regions and vice versa. If you want to play with higher latency for whatever reason then you should be allowed imo.

And also no separate region clients please. I want to be able to connect with one client to all the servers if possible. I don't want to purchase multiple versions of the same game to be able to switch back and forth.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I'd like to see region blocks... Let NA and EU regions interconnect but have different datacenters for each... (Ideally you want central US location, East US location, and europe locations)

Then if they wanna make the game available for other big regions place servers in like korea and/or china, australia, brazil, russia and wherever else...

It's not politically correct but especially in f2p games, certain regions are notorious for ruining the gameplay experience of the "normal" customers trying to play the game as intended...