Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Frostweaver promotion classes

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting this!  It reminded me to ask: anyone catch what "Ice Storage Capacity" was?  Did I stroke out when they answered or was there no answer?  Almost seems like FW will have a consumable to feed their magic and/or attacks, similar to an arrow...

Edited by starrshipcs

1 hour ago, starrshipcs said:

Thanks for posting this!  It reminded me to ask: anyone catch what "Ice Storage Capacity" was?  Did I stroke out when they answered or was there no answer?  Almost seems like FW will have a consumable to feed their magic and/or attacks, similar to an arrow...

They didn't mention what it is. My guess though is that it will be something that the frostweaver generates, similar to pips, but maybe not their primary resource.

Druids heal through orbs, Templar’s hold an area, clerics flood with fire and forget.  I wonder what the FW gimmick will be.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, starrshipcs said:

Ice storage will be like there resource pool i feel kinda like pips but u get them in another way thats my assumption

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Druids heal through orbs, Templar’s hold an area, clerics flood with fire and forget.  I wonder what the FW gimmick will be.

They get walls to block vision im pretty certain of that, defensive creation hints that.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, veeshan said:

They get walls to block vision im pretty certain of that, defensive creation hints that.

Based on the stream today and blairs answers (and the anecdote about Pann not knowing how rightclick works) my highly unscientific and speculative guess is:

Resource: Ice Capacity pips, Gained by attacking enemies.

Gimmick: Ice Walls which consume (and lock in) ice charges and can be attacked by enemies. So unlike assassin or templar pips if you have 3 ice pips and make a wall, your maximum goes down by 1 as long as the wall is active. Some specs have a 'spire' ability that functions like a turret which also consumes ice, forcing a choice between spires and walls.

DPS skills: Stacking slows, frost damage, ability to cleanse ground aoes of all kinds. Ability to prevent jumping/ground fliers. Can consume slow stacks to gain ice charges. (like confessor sin, but powering defensive resource in stead of applying damage and debuffs)

Rightclick: you swap places with a construct you target, but you have to replace dodge with it so no construct = no blink

Ult: Ice Dome: Like a runecaster dome, but persistant and bodyblocks self/enemies/ranged attacks. Costs no pips, can't be damaged, but melts after X time.

Frostguard: Gains ability to use ice for self barriers. AoE slows enemies when this is active. Can destroy barrier to create an ice clone and blink away. Gain ice when you take damage. You gain additional armor for each enemy trapped in your ice dome with you.

Archmage: Gain the ability to SHATTER its Constructs, destroying them and dealing AOE damage. Gains Chill spire which deals damage to nearby enemies. Gains a high damage attack that consumes all ice charges. Gain ice when you deal damage. You gain additional damage when attacking from within your dome.

Icecaller: Gain the ability to use ice to heal allies. Walls have additional HP and armor buff nearby allies. Gains healing spire which heals nearby allies. Gain ice when allies are buffed/healed. Gains single target root. Your dome heals allies inside of it.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

14 hours ago, Arkade said:

They didn't mention what it is. My guess though is that it will be something that the frostweaver generates, similar to pips, but maybe not their primary resource.

13 hours ago, veeshan said:

Ice storage will be like there resource pool i feel kinda like pips but u get them in another way thats my assumption

That makes a heck of a lot more sense, especially since the increase is for 1.  I feel that should have been obvious to me...  

Posted (edited)

I think that "ranged defense" is the most interesting concept listed there.

What other promotion class would be considered ranged defense for comparison? Plate armor on a ranged class doesnt seem odd as well?

Edited by Toadwart

56 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

I think that "ranged defense" is the most interesting concept listed there.

What other promotion class would be considered ranged defense for comparison? Plate armor on a ranged class doesnt seem odd as well?

Isn’t there a ranged tank confessor?

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Sanctifier. 8m range. Can wear plate and mits are ~70%. Get a 30% reduction in dodge pip regen. It’s an interesting class to play, could maybe use a lil love in balancing 

10 hours ago, mandalore said:

Well considering it makes your range 7m or something when you take that promotion no its not :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

8 hours ago, veeshan said:

Well considering it makes your range 7m or something when you take that promotion no its not :P

Isn’t that more than melee?

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:
8 hours ago, veeshan said:

Isn’t that more than melee?

Well thats kind of a stretch.

Melee range was 5 at one time. Technically everything 6+ is ranged then I guess, lol.

When you have ranged dps archers at 65 range, pretending 8 is ranged is really splitting hairs.

RIP my hopes at a pet class, but the ice constructs are the next best thing I guess.  would really like to see the full skill list, this is probably going to be my class of choice along with a stealth build.

AS far as i could see there was no restrictions on healing like with druid when you choose a promotion. Wonder if you could choose range def or range atk and use a healing based major disc? Do you think we'll get a healing tray with promotion or just abilities added?, doesn't specify like druid did. What major disc's do you think would work best with any of the frost weaver promotions? I am assuming frost weaver will have at least one slow or stun in its kit. For myself i kind of want to make something CC based with maybe a self heal. Or if im going for RP add Naiad for the elemental feel? Anyone else have an idea for a FW build? Just interested in hearing others ideas.