Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
StarrFall

Leadership QoL Enhancements

Recommended Posts

Suggestion #1: Make it easier to identify the location of specific group members when attending the inevitable zerg-fest.

Each group member gets a uniquely colored/shaped marker on the compass, which would correspond to a color indicator on the group list.  Shape could be something akin to Monopoly pieces and are auto-assigned when group members are added.  This way you know who on your team is in what direction, at a glance, and can toss out comms commands like "rally on the purple shoe!".

 

Suggestion #2: Introduce an in-game means of directing a groups attention; a visible "rally call" if you will.

Combat leadership should grant an AOE-like power that will shoot a beam of light in the sky (or some such), which should be visible to group members only.  Would be even cooler if there was a small indicator on the compass for all team members, pointing to the location to help orient when the meatball is thick (compass shape should be something other than diamond or any shapes used for suggestion #1, maybe a target shape or some such).  The color of the beam and compass indicator would match the color assigned to that group member at the time.  Beam of light goes away when the power is used again (1 per account), when the summoner dies, or when the summoner leaves that particular map.  No cool down.

Would be even cooler yet if the power could be used on the map to drop a marker on a distant location, but that's a whole different can of worms, functionally speaking, so just mentioning it as an afterthought.

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a healer, having a different color for each group member would be huge.

When I'm charged with healing tanks in a fort fight, keeping track of where my charges are is a no brainier. When I'm healing a mixed group of ranged and melee DPS in a keep siege, I have no idea where anyone is from one moment to the next as people react to ballista, get knocked off walls & are generally running all over. Having 4 identical pips does not help me find that wounded player, or help them find me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, VaMei said:

As a healer, having a different color for each group member would be huge.

When I'm charged with healing tanks in a fort fight, keeping track of where my charges are is a no brainier. When I'm healing a mixed group of ranged and melee DPS in a keep siege, I have no idea where anyone is from one moment to the next as people react to ballista, get knocked off walls & are generally running all over. Having 4 identical pips does not help me find that wounded player, or help them find me.

They could even take that a step further and make the indicator on the compass/group list pulse when that player has taken enough damage to see the red.

Edited by starrshipcs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VaMei said:

As a healer, having a different color for each group member would be huge.

When I'm charged with healing tanks in a fort fight, keeping track of where my charges are is a no brainier. When I'm healing a mixed group of ranged and melee DPS in a keep siege, I have no idea where anyone is from one moment to the next as people react to ballista, get knocked off walls & are generally running all over. Having 4 identical pips does not help me find that wounded player, or help them find me.

I wonder if they can use the same mechanic they're doing for crafting on this.  Make  Melee Diamond, Ranged Circles , Etc,  with different colors on top of it.  It would give us a little more feedback and allow for quicker direction changes within the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MrErad said:

I wonder if they can use the same mechanic they're doing for crafting on this.  Make  Melee Diamond, Ranged Circles , Etc,  with different colors on top of it.  It would give us a little more feedback and allow for quicker direction changes within the group.

Using shapes for roles would probably be useful for pugs, but I'd be perfectly content with a unique color box/bar/something for each player in the group frame, and having their compass pip match that.

If we wanted to get fancy, knowing their distance from me would be great. Can I get them with a miracle from where I'm at? Are they close enough that I can quickly get to them, or are they way out of position and I should keep focus on my other group members? To make things easier on the server, range display should probably be limited to the 100m the client already knows about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was thinking shapes primarily for any colorblind crows; personally I'd be happy with just colors as well.  

+1 for a range indicator running off of local data

Edited by starrshipcs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starrshipcs said:

I was thinking shapes primarily for any colorblind crows; personally I'd be happy with just colors as well.  

+1 for a range indicator running off of local data

shapes and colors, for example you can make the dps in your group the red triangle and the red octogon 


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Unique markers for each group member would be a nice QOL improvement.

2. A shared map (and/or in-world) marker would also be a nice QOL improvement.

Team tools for a team game!


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...