Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Choices Matter: Racial Disciplines

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

Maken me mad is still awkward if it works as before. "small hits" doesn't really scale, and will become a worse ability in an almost linear fashion with how much better your opponents are, when you would theoretically need it more. This should just be "hits" I've experienced this first hand. It works great right after a wipe, but give it a few months and it may as well not exist until you're abusing newbies or farming mobs.

I believe this is supposed to akin to Vampire's racials in Shadowbane. It's not supposed to work on all hits, just fast smaller hits like the assassin, or probably ranger (Dual-wielders). They could make change it with that in mind so that it works later game.

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

Sorry but that was ALWAYS the guinecian lore. They were uplifted as gaia's last act because a woodland creature comforted her as she died.

The madness angle on male fae is new though. Previously we were simply told they executed their males, but not why. No idea why they softened up the fae lore. It was way cooler when they just executed males and the ones on the run were basically loner refugees in stead of mental patients.

Those males also chopped their wings off to blend in. You want to give up gliding as a male Fae?

1 hour ago, yianni said:

I agree leatherworking on a HG makes not sense, pretty sure dex/int are the main atrributes for LW, which is pretty poorly made dergsty on HG... blacksmithing makes a lot more sense

poorly made dergs

poorly made dergs

The extra assembly and experimentation from the race isn't needed to max out blacksmithing on an HG.

2 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The extra assembly and experimentation from the race isn't needed to max out blacksmithing on an HG.

yea thats what i heard, i havent gotten too deep into crafting im all about my pvpness

23 minutes ago, Pann said:

Hrmm... 

Do I share more of these Racial Discipline images - at least another Guinecean one -- or have the words "Thursday at noon" and "DERGS" taunted me so badly that my sense of generosity has been suppressed past the point of giving?

You may rise above this by sharing the Centaur slide. Soothe these beasts by sharing the details of the chosen people of the gods!

27 minutes ago, Pann said:

Hrmm... 

Do I share more of these Racial Discipline images - at least another Guinecean one -- or have the words "Thursday at noon" and "DERGS" taunted me so badly that my sense of generosity has been suppressed past the point of giving?

If it opens your heart a little bit, I have not meme'd with DERGS. Thursday at Noon though.... I'm guilty

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)

@Pann

The world is a mess today. Let's recap: Tom Hanks, Dow Jones, toilet paper, travel ban, NHL and NBA seasons canceled, no dergs, DoD restrictions, and its raining so hard in socal that people are actually driving the speed limit. I could really use a hero right now! Please open your heart and let that light shine. 

Oh and is it true that today is the 5 year kickstarter anniversary? I'm not trying to pile on, I'm just really trying to pile on here. ;]

Edit: I'm so starved for content, I actually resorted to watching a Zybak video. Be the Hero Pann!

Edited by Chroma

30 minutes ago, dreaden said:

Seems the gate keeper has permission to give out some additional info but wants to lord it over us.

Maybe people will think about being nicer to me. LOL

kUxTzy5.jpg

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

4 hours ago, Pann said:

Maybe people will think about being nicer to me. LOL

kUxTzy5.jpg

I retract my previous question about burrow.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

5 hours ago, Navystylz said:

I believe this is supposed to akin to Vampire's racials in Shadowbane. It's not supposed to work on all hits, just fast smaller hits like the assassin, or probably ranger (Dual-wielders). They could make change it with that in mind so that it works later game.

The problem is the cap. Even the lightest auto of a person in decent gear against plate generally does more damage than what's counted as a 'small hit' once people have started getting their blues and purples all set up and specced out. "Small hits' as defined by the damage cap on this ability pretty much cease to exist in what most would consider "adequately geared pvp"

You could just change it to all hits and alter the effect amount and number of stacks in stead, or change it to specifically say "hits from one handed weapons" or "autoattacks" or whatever to make it the proper flavor, but the damage gate just doesn't scale.

PopeSigGIF.gif

5 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Those males also chopped their wings off to blend in. You want to give up gliding as a male Fae?

The ones the survive did. We don't play fae that survived.

PopeSigGIF.gif

9 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

The problem is the cap. Even the lightest auto of a person in decent gear against plate generally does more damage than what's counted as a 'small hit' once people have started getting their blues and purples all set up and specced out. "Small hits' as defined by the damage cap on this ability pretty much cease to exist in what most would consider "adequately geared pvp"

You could just change it to all hits and alter the effect amount and number of stacks in stead, or change it to specifically say "hits from one handed weapons" or "autoattacks" or whatever to make it the proper flavor, but the damage gate just doesn't scale.

Could make it scale with your health. It would make sense since 'small' is relative.

Posted (edited)

Yellow is confirmed and purple is unconfirmed yet for stats disc_stats_so_far.png

We know what the half elf discipline powers are but the stats have not been confirmed yet but I am assuming they will be since almost all the other stats were the same

and officially @srathor we are missing Human Nethari Wood Elf and Half elf(mainly for stats)

Edited by lordslime