Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Choices Matter: Racial Disciplines

Blood of the Mountain: Increase Incoming heals.

Now that SOUNDS really attractive, like a lot of the "increased X" numbers do.

There's a lot of "increase x" in these tooltips, but how much "increase are we talking in a general sense for all this weapon, heals, resists, etc. stuff?

Humans had an "increased mitigations" passive but it was... 3% so really not worth much for decision making. However since it seems most races have a specific stat increase for some kind of secondary stat... are these getting weighted heavier now?

Since we're seeing this kind of thing pop up on multiple races I have to ask what we can expect of these numbers. If they all say 5% they're boring and kinda pointless. if they all say 50% they're probably too much. What's the general ballpark for these race effects?

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

43 minutes ago, LouCyphir said:

yeah, wondering if the crafting passives will make it a must have

I'm 99.999999% sure they won't be. They aren't required in the current build and their design philosophy has been to give players multiple ways to reach the caps. 

These passives will be helpful for players when starting out, but once they max out their skill training and obtain good armor, they won't be needed.

18 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I'm 99.999999% sure they won't be. They aren't required in the current build and their design philosophy has been to give players multiple ways to reach the caps. 

These passives will be helpful for players when starting out, but once they max out their skill training and obtain good armor, they won't be needed.

Those bonuses will probably be very interesting for the first white vessels when players don't have passive skills or good crafting gear.

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm. So all Half Giant classes are playable by Stoneborn (Cleric, Myrm, Champion). For Champ and Myrm there is definitely a major balancing factor. Half Giants are naturally tanky by virtue of their high con. But Stoneborn have been given higher con, and retain several minor defensive buffs including the new received healing buff. Half Giants have the own racials to tankiness in the form of Maken Me Mad and Blood of Giants if they have healing. (At least the current version of BoG which has the same description also applies it's bonus to healing too.)

So I think when you add in that higher strength along with BoG and MMM giving their damage bonuses a HG is arguably a better pick for Champ and Myrm. Depending on if you want to be tankier, or more damage oriented.

For cleric however... The hidden bonus in BoG might make HG do slightly more healing but the spirit bonus and higher intellect cap both favor SB on that front. So probably not a big difference either way on that front. And then all those defensive bonuses for SB. The increased received healing and stoneskin alone are probably worth it. (True SS reduces healing but with the same amount of damage reduction it's basically just doubling the effectiveness of HP while it's up.)

So... I hope the radical has been buffed. (Maybe make it's block do AoE damage instead of AoE healing?) because SB will very likely become THEE choice for a tanky crusader, where the HG damage benefits won't play out at all. And even for Radical and Arbiter Int is your primary damage stat as opposed to Str which makes the HG lose a bit of ground.

We should totally test it first but you may want to work in additional passive to HG to make their clerics a bit more on par with SB. I'd just keep that in mind as something that will need to be watched and considered during the testing.

hg_5110.pngxFl4aVC.jpg

Edit: If there is a need for an additional passive to make HG clerics better, I would suggest reduced stam cost for blocking.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

What Is With The Capitalized Case For Passive Text Descriptions It Reads Like William Shatner

also in general: why is the font so poor to read for most in game elements?
(e.g. 'blurry' with 'cut off' elements)

p.s. @Pann your forum is broken as usual (see publicly duplicated thread of presumably removed messages)

I feel the same way. The font is difficult to ready. That is a bit confusing for the game with complicated fighting mechanics, all these options and hard choices, and complicated crafting system where you need to read and comprehend a lot.

P.S. I like to research all these difficult and complicated things, don't get me wrong. But the font should definitely be changed as it creates hurdles with reading it and increases time and efforts to comprehend information.

Edited by MikeTheBear

59 minutes ago, Andius said:

We should totally test it first but you may want to work in additional passive to HG to make their clerics a bit more on par with SB.

Half Giants already have a passive leg up on Stoneborn in that when a bald Half Giant puts on a helmet, they dont have long hair coming out of it that is not only a different color than their beards, but a color not available on the Stoneborn's color palate at creation at all.

I personally rather like the Stoneborn, but would never play one as long as their helmet hair has such issues, regardless of better stats or passives.

1 minute ago, Toadwart said:

Half Giants already have a passive leg up on Stoneborn in that when a bald Half Giant puts on a helmet, they dont have long hair coming out of it that is not only a different color than their beards, but a color not available on the Stoneborn's color palate at creation at all.

I personally rather like the Stoneborn, but would never play one as long as their helmet hair has such issues, regardless of better stats or passives.

Yeah but the HG has a major nerf to their style points in that there are no leather based classes for the HG. But have you seen a big old half-giant with a glorious man-mane decked out in leather? Mmmmm. It's about the sexiest thing in all of Crowfall.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

@Pannso the only one left is high elf?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

35 minutes ago, mandalore said:

@Pannso the only one left is high elf?

We got high elf. It is half elf we don't have a screenshot for yet.

@Pann Can we get half elf as well?  =D

IhhQKY6.gif

8 minutes ago, Jah said:

We got high elf. It is half elf we don't have a screenshot for yet.

@Pann Can we get half elf as well?  =D

They showed us Half-Elf in a stream, didn't they?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Just now, coolster50 said:

They showed us Half-Elf in a stream, didn't they?

I'm not sure they showed us the actual racial rune. They told us what it had though.

IhhQKY6.gif