Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Today is not the day. :(

Posted (edited)

@Gzas

They tried to get test going last night but they didn't feel it was ready yet. Once they feel they have a good feeling with it, we will have the new patch to test for them. Probably won't see the dregs campaign itself for another few weeks since I believe they are just opening God Reach on test to test all the class promotions they made changes too. Especially the new class Frostweaver.

Edited by lordslime

I'm home for two weeks with nothing to do ( Just got back from travelling internationally..)

School districts all over the US are closing--

You will have more active testers than ever if you drop this week!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

@Iczer-One No. It will say build 5.11, but unfortunately you won't be able to log in. They couldn't release it yesterday because it didn't meet their standards. They are working from home due to coronavirus, so I have no idea if they could release it this weekend. You can download it but it won't go any further. 

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

You will have more active testers than ever if you drop this week!

I think now is a bad time to release. Will be hard to address problems that arise along with a litany of other reasons.  But if one wanted to flop out the gate, then by all means, carry on. 

12 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I think now is a bad time to release. Will be hard to address problems that arise along with a litany of other reasons.  But if one wanted to flop out the gate, then by all means, carry on. 

This isn't "out the gate", it's still "Pre-Alpha" and just a partial build released to test servers.  

Soon, perhaps there will be Beta, but not now...

Piikaa  |  Pkaoo

Crowfall%20Signature%20copy_1.jpg

1 hour ago, McTan said:

I kinda wish you could pin this thread and only take it down when it's time to replace it with "today is the day"

Dude that's such a great idea, I hope they do that!

@thomasblair is this why jackal isn’t invited to any of the parties?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

21 hours ago, Mystwraith said:

Any Backer $$ left for overtime? 

“If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.”
 Charles Bukowski, Factotum

You should not be encouraging people to work themselves so hard it screws the rest of their life up for a video game.

This is a huge problem with this industry already, and no amount of quotes will make encouraging this behavior OK.

This patch is not that important, nor is literally any video game.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

You should not be encouraging people to work themselves so hard it screws the rest of their life up for a video game.

This is a huge problem with this industry already, and no amount of quotes will make encouraging this behavior OK.

This patch is not that important, nor is literally any video game.

Yeah exactly, developers are people too. Crunch is a real thing, but this company is looking out for their people, which is far more important than some update. 

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

Amen.

Leave the sweat shop, 24/7/365 80+ hour work week "crunch time" development to the likes of EA.

TBH, I'm already a bit "concerned" by the TBlair weekend work, and potential burn out it can cause. That said, he's far more than a rank and file developer, so he's allowed to make that choice for himself. And he seems to be a bit of a sadist, and likes the empty office time.  

I wonder if the WFH protocall will actually improve some people's output due to less distractions. 

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the patch, but a travesty that this couldn't get pushed LIVE when gamer activity is going to be at an all-time high (this is Steam-only), trending potentially to being the most-active in the history of gaming. Countless adults are now "working" remotely and young gamers are out-of-school for at least the next month; this should've been an easy lay-up to capitalize on. So many benefits from a community sentiment and marketing perspective, while also providing great quantitative insight because of the guaranteed increase of players that would surge back into this community; especially as the surrounding entertainment industry (films, pro-sports, music festivals, etc.) plummets into a state of stagnation. There's no better time to get people excited for Crowfall and I hope this update can be implemented sooner rather than later. If not, it's a major miss. 

Edited by Archaos

This is not directed at any one person or post. I keep seeing posts about how its such a shame Artcraft didn't capitalize on a possible pandemic. I've never know them to be the type of company to take advantage of anything. From the beginning they have been clear that they are stetting out to do what they want to do and if anyone doesn't like it to bad. It has never been about (just)  the money to them. Also as a medical professional i think its real cute that everyone thinks they are just going to be sitting around at home playing games. If you are sick you will most likely be too sick to care about games and if someone you live with or know is sick, how bout you get up off your ass and do stuff for them. People are going to die, for real, not in a game. Some ppl have to choose to go in to their jobs knowing they could be infected and re-infect their loved ones. Cops, doctors, paramedics and firefighters. {And before anyone complains, i know its not necessarily a death sentence. I remember the medical field in the 80's, that was a death sentence sometimes. I know its not an Apocalypse but it's not going to be a walk in the park for everyone ether.} Look i get it, I want this game as bad as anyone else, I've been waiting since kickstarter too. I want to take off work and play when it comes out. But why pointlessly badger them for making smart business decisions and working tirelessly on giving us a good product to play around in, its not going to go to live until its ready for live. I just feel like we as players and consumers are missing some objectivity. If these posts are just ppl bitching good for them, have fun, but I feel that there is a real lack of respect for Artcraft and their employees for just doing their jobs. So how bout @CrowfallCentral " Thank You guys for tirelessly working on this wonderful game, Thanks for pushing through, and I look forward to playing whatever I can Whenever I can". [jumps down from soapbox]

2 minutes ago, LilLionman said:

Also as a medical professional i think its real cute that everyone thinks they are just going to be sitting around at home playing games. If you are sick you will most likely be too sick to care about games 

You should then also know that 85% of people will exhibit minor to no symptoms. Many folks will not even know they are sick. I would be willing to bet that the majority of people will be doing nothing other then sitting around playing games/watching tv/ect.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

You should then also know that 85% of people will exhibit minor to no symptoms. Many folks will not even know they are sick. I would be willing to bet that the majority of people will be doing nothing other then sitting around playing games/watching tv/ect.

I agree... 

To be honest it's a panic, and largely a political calculation pandering to the panic. For reference.. the "Regular" influeza season alone for the 2019-2020 season statistics go as such: 34 million diagnosed: 20, 000 dead, 350k hospitalized, 1356 deaths of children.

This "Pandemic", Covid-19,  is the definition of mass hysteria. 6500 deaths, largely those over 60, with statistically no widespread deaths to either children or healthy adults under 40yoa that did not display either compromised health or compromised immune systems...

For the uninformed...

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-child-deaths-flu-record-number-amid-coronavirus-news-2020-3?fbclid=IwAR0D1oD1XGkjoZA21UVclmVvFyzNqr6L4mYk7t71ZQZ4Otq5-o99E9ZJG-I

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/03/who-is-getting-sick-and-how-sick-a-breakdown-of-coronavirus-risk-by-demographic-factors/

Edit: Buy index funds now. New high .. probably after the re-election. People in america largely have the attention span of a gnat. I'm buying low.. I started Friday..

Edited by Armegeddon