Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Update on getting 5.110 to Test Server

Yeah, I know.  It's frustrating.  It's frustrating for us, too.

Here's the deal: we have a build, and it hung at the 99.99% bar.  There is one issue that has proven to be incredibly elusive, and it's causing a massive lag on the server.  Overall, the game feels pretty good.  We're still working through power-related bugs -- all the underlying system changes we made this milestone have caused a crop of them, but frankly that's expected and we're working them through at a good clip -- but I'd be OK with putting those in front of you.  Overall, I think combat is in a much better shape than 5.100, even with these new issues.

But the server performance issue is a killer.  Any kind of reasonable player load (and I have reason to suspect we'll hit that) causes this problem to emerge, and it makes the game unplayable.  Which would be even more frustrating.

As to "when", the truth is, we don't know.  We have top men working on it.  ("Top. Men.")  We continue to be in a day-for-day hold pattern until we get this issue resolved.

Thanks for your patience.  Hopefully it'll be soon.

Todd

Image result for top men gif

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

And that is where you use the established system you had setup from before. 

Pre-alpha 1-2 
Alpha 1-2
Alpha 3
Betas

The few guys in the pre alpha 1-2 will hammer away at causes and provide a fresh set of eyes. It could easily spot things like it has before in many other builds. And you know us. we can hammer away at it for 18 hours a day testing all sorts of poorly made dergs yall do not have time to test. 

Thanks for the update.

Lags are a pain and i thinks it's a good thing you guys are working on it before putting it on test.

We'll wait.

1459889836-gein-william.png

1 minute ago, srathor said:

And that is where you use the established system you had setup from before. 

Pre-alpha 1-2 
Alpha 1-2
Alpha 3
Betas

The few guys in the pre alpha 1-2 will hammer away at causes and provide a fresh set of eyes. It could easily spot things like it has before in many other builds. And you know us. we can hammer away at it for 18 hours a day testing all sorts of poorly made dergs yall do not have time to test. 

they said no, multiple times, come on we had this discussion before

2 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

they said no multiple times

1 minute ago, pamintandrei said:

they said no, multiple times, come on we had this discussion before

sounds like someone wouldn't get an invite right away. seems you've spilled some jelly...

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I appreciate getting some specific answers as to where the trouble lies. I think we're all feeling the hype and excitement, and can't wait to get our claws into it. So providing us with that brief but specific, "Here's the big trouble spot" for me anyways, is a huge help. Thanks for the update!