Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Update on getting 5.110 to Test Server

Posted (edited)

One thing that might be worth noting is the fact that Last Oasis releases into EA in 7 days or whatever. Just a heads up that this is 'prime time' to conduct testing due to availability. Might be best to beat the curve by getting a release date prior to then.

Edited by Xerathoul
Drunk

We will be patient.

That issue, plus the impact COVID-19 is having on some networks worldwide, could result in a very bad experience.

12 minutes ago, Thevo said:

We will be patient.

That issue, plus the impact COVID-19 is having on some networks worldwide, could result in a very bad experience.

Yeah, I certainly hope that the gamers on AAA severs aren't just there for compelling gameplay.

Though I must admit I've never seen a gamer be patient when choosing between compelling game play and actually playing a game.

I'd argue that there's a race between this and new world from amazon at this point. Heck, Camelot isn't far behind. Quality is worth it, however if this game stutters, it may suffer...

Ideally you don't want to 'hope' all goes well...

Posted (edited)

Amazing calls you guys are making regarding this new patch. This is exactly what we ask for when we say to keep us updated. Nothing crazy or specific, just telling what is happening and explaining why/how things are happening.

You took maybe 10 minutes writting this up and as you can see the feedback has been amazingly positive.

Edited by BarriaKarl

I honestly think inviting alpha 1-2 people would be a good idea. The leg up we would get seeing all the new stuff would be awesome. We have way too many new stuff coming so I honestly think we could easily spend 2-3 weeks simply commenting on all the new stuff. It would keep the hype sky high.

So it wouldnt be much about feeback or bug report but simply a sort of live sneak peek?

Plus it would help new players/not invited players to get in already knowing what to expect in the future. I really think as it is today we might go some time where everyone will be kinda lost trying to learn how to play the new game.

I honestly dont see negatives about inviting a small group. I mean, I wont be denying people the option to play simply because I can not do the same.

No pasa nada por esperar unos días mas. Animo!!!!

It's okay to wait some more days. Cheer up!

____ Xuten Red Reapers ______________________________

1 hour ago, Doomshadow said:

Is there any harm in listing the patch notes since there is going to be SO much to digest? No one gets an unfair advantage with that, do they?

They aren't going to give the patch notes because it will mess with their marketing plan. We just have to wait.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arkade said:

They aren't going to give the patch notes because it will mess with their marketing plan. We just have to wait.

Still don't understand this whole marketing plan, not that we've actually heard anything about it.

Hyping up a product that still isn't optimized, will likely have a ton of new bugs, is missing basic features, and is still a good ways from launch seems odd.

If they were hurting for cash I would get it but with the recent chunk of funding they received, it doesn't seem necessary to try and get as many to buy now instead of later.

Anyone that hasn't already backed or at least signed up at this point shouldn't be a target or worth spending resources on just yet.

If they are mainly targeting those already backed/signed up, seems like they would be preaching to the choir and doesn't make a lot of sense to hide everything until the last second in hopes that it will draw people in more then pre-hyping and details. 

Then again I don't work in marketing so I might be completely wrong. As a consumer, this strategy does nothing for me regardless of the product.

Edited by APE

3 hours ago, APE said:

Still don't understand this whole marketing plan, not that we've actually heard anything about it.

Hyping up a product that still isn't optimized, will likely have a ton of new bugs, is missing basic features, and is still a good ways from launch seems odd.

If they were hurting for cash I would get it but with the recent chunk of funding they received, it doesn't seem necessary to try and get as many to buy now instead of later.

Anyone that hasn't already backed or at least signed up at this point shouldn't be a target or worth spending resources on just yet.

If they are mainly targeting those already backed/signed up, seems like they would be preaching to the choir and doesn't make a lot of sense to hide everything until the last second in hopes that it will draw people in more then pre-hyping and details. 

Then again I don't work in marketing so I might be completely wrong. As a consumer, this strategy does nothing for me regardless of the product.

I think the information about the development of the game is bad, it doesn't tell us much, my guild keeps asking me all the time about the Beta, anxious to play, but I always say that I don't know, that there is no information, that there is no date, there are some people who already got discouraged from my Guild, but I stay close! (Sry, my english is bad)

Have yall gotten the idea yet to log into an EK with the required number of people. See if it is purely a player near player issue or something with the new spawners, other systems?

2 hours ago, UDeadPRO said:

I think the information about the development of the game is bad, it doesn't tell us much, my guild keeps asking me all the time about the Beta, anxious to play, but I always say that I don't know, that there is no information, that there is no date, there are some people who already got discouraged from my Guild, but I stay close! (Sry, my english is bad)

How can they give you a date when they don't know? They don't know how long it's going to take to resolve the issue that is keeping 5.110 from going to test. They don't know how many issues they will need to fix, and how long it will take to fix those issues, before they can move it to live. They don't know how long they'll need to have it on live before they are ready to begin beta.

They could give us a date, but they'd just be guessing at this point, and people will just complain if they don't hit it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arkade said:

How can they give you a date when they don't know? They don't know how long it's going to take to resolve the issue that is keeping 5.110 from going to test. They don't know how many issues they will need to fix, and how long it will take to fix those issues, before they can move it to live. They don't know how long they'll need to have it on live before they are ready to begin beta.

They could give us a date, but they'd just be guessing at this point, and people will just complain if they don't hit it.

Agree...

But they could have rolling estimations?. I.e Attempts to launch test will occur at 14:00 on Tuesdays and Fridays. (or put in every second day-what ever...or once a week even)

If its isn't ready at each prescribed time, then the next target date plays out.

- Not ready Tuesday arvo but on Thursday they think they have a GOGOGO, then it would roll out Friday at 14:00 by default. (and allow a days notice and trumpet blowing announcements to go out)

Just an idea, an opinion...but it is was it is and no amount of refreshing, loading server will make it move any quicker, But this will allow some normality to return to those that do :)

looking at you @PaleOne

:)

Thanks to  @Pannfor the teasers.🌻🌻🌻 (sorry, best i could do for a bunch of flowers :( )

Thank to the whole team for your work and handling the current world issues and turbulence it's causing, and all in your strides.

Edited by Shiner
System didnt like term ti tbits..LOL and put in breast so changed to teasers

1 hour ago, Shiner said:

But they could have rolling estimations?. I.e Attempts to launch test will occur at 14:00 on Tuesdays and Fridays. (or put in every second day-what ever...or once a week even)

If its isn't ready at each prescribed time, then the next target date plays out.

That would just increase the frequency of missed times and grumpy fans that need to chill.

It sounds like they are very close, but it could still be a ways off. Unlike saying "alpha will be out by end of summer 2018" and here we are in closing the 1st quarter of 2020. At least it sounds like we are actually going to see it relatively soon.

If it's ready at 2:18 PM on Tues roll it out, if it is ready at 5:30 PM on Fri, roll it out. There is no need to give any advance notice.

It's just the Test server which has no significance beyond people want their toys asap in whatever form. Missing the first hour, day, or whatever. If people have nothing better to do currently, well keep hitting refresh and twiddling your fingers.