Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Update on getting 5.110 to Test Server

What would be perfect is a message saying...

We think we got it.  We will do some internal testing, patch up the server and go as fast as we can. ETA 7pm eastern to let yall play. But it might still fail. So relax and check back at 7pm edt. If you hearn nothing by 8pm eastern, then check back Monday around 5 pm eastern. 

What would be less perfect is. 

We still don't have it.  We are continuing testing. Next window is Monday at 5pm Eastern for more news if not sooner than that. 

35 minutes ago, srathor said:

What would be perfect is a message saying...

We think we got it.  We will do some internal testing, patch up the server and go as fast as we can. ETA 7pm eastern to let yall play. But it might still fail. So relax and check back at 7pm edt. If you hearn nothing by 8pm eastern, then check back Monday around 5 pm eastern. 

What would be less perfect is. 

We still don't have it.  We are continuing testing. Next window is Monday at 5pm Eastern for more news if not sooner than that. 

So with this proposal, if looks ready an hour later than the ETA, they should delay it a few days?

IhhQKY6.gif

No. They could then put it on blast. Or let 1 person know on discord and it would be cross posted in a second. 

Being coy just frustrates everyone. And since there is very little structured info other than "were working on it" It causes unreasonable actions in others who want more information. 

I mean they have people. (Top people) Who they are paying to communicate with us. 

Crickets for a few days when it is on the cusp like this is unreasonable as well. 

11 minutes ago, srathor said:

No. They could then put it on blast. Or let 1 person know on discord and it would be cross posted in a second. 

I am pretty confident that news will spread far and wide as soon as 5.110 is available on TEST. Are you worried they will put it on TEST, not tell us, and nobody will know?

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, srathor said:

Gosh that is exactly it. You are such a smart fella!

Well, first you seemed to be suggesting they should give an ETA and if they don't hit the ETA, delay it until a later window. When I asked about that, you talked about instead "putting it on blast" or let someone know when it is ready-- which presumably is exactly what will happen anyway.

Excuse me if it is not clear what you are asking for.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, srathor said:

You are excused.
Run along now and keep being so darn helpful.
I could pinch your cheeks! You are so darn precocious!

You Flammable Marmot you!