Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Himanka

Minotaur the "meh" race

I've been playing for a bit and comparing the races. I really want to play a mino, however, they are "meh" at every class available. Half Giant and Stoneborn beat them out by a long shot in stats in Champ and Myrm. Ranger, the dex may be ok, but their Con is close to bottom of the barrel. If they are going to be this severely lacking in stats, then at least make them full stun immunity. I feel that somewhere there should be a gap closed to make them at least more appealing to play outside of just wanting to play a mino.

Or am I missing something here? I'm sure there are players with longer time playing with more insight on this. Maybe I'm just living a fantasy of Shadowbane haha
Any information or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

You aren't wrong regarding stats but minotaur certainly isn't that meh in my opinion. At least when it comes to next patch I think they are relatively competitive.

When it comes to stats, sure they have less base stats than both half-giant and stoneborn but they do have a a higher DEX cap and an equal CON cap meaning that later into campaigns it is entirely possible they will out stat those two races. They have a lower SPR cap which doesn't really matter that much and a basically equal STR cap. On top of that, they have the only mobility racial skill out of those 3 races along with their Bloodthirst which is, imo, an underutilized defensive. 

They also have the frontal stun immunity which can provide some higher skill ceiling gameplay and the passive res all which isn't to be underestimated in terms of stats seeing as 1 DEX is equal .01% res all iirc. 

It really just comes down to personal preference in the end I think. I generally prefer to have mobility and as such Minotaur gains some strength in my book.

Thanks for the info! I'll need to reevaluate things and get better in-game insight on how they stack overall. Thanks!

Don't underestimate how awesome the mino's racial tank ability is when combined with ranger ultimate, or the utility of an extra movement ability. Everyone sucks at archer compared to wood elves, but minos actually make excellent wardens or brigands, even more so with the race and bar changes in the next patch.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Minotaurs when it comes to melee classes, are some of the best. Minotaur Myrmidons/Champions have the highest potential for mobility out of all the melee potential races. Half-Giants have a dumpy slow roll--who cares about any extra tidbit of damage they might provide, if they can't reach their target? Minotaur leap also clears hitboxes--that's right, you can leap over people and into their back line. Non-Minotaur melee are garbage in comparison to the other melee racial options of same class. Embrace the mobility of the hoof. 

16 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Don't underestimate how awesome the mino's racial tank ability is when combined with ranger ultimate, or the utility of an extra movement ability. Everyone sucks at archer compared to wood elves, but minos actually make excellent wardens or brigands, even more so with the race and bar changes in the next patch.

I was looking at mino builds and was considering an ranger, I will have to try it now