Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

Vessels are too easy to make

The original statement was major disciplines couldn't be removed they even included a mini talent tree to spend your points, but we've been able to remove them until now and there's no trace of the mini talent tree, so who knows how it will be for launch...

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

Unless something changes, they can be removed.

The "something" that *might* have changed is the way they open with spent points as you level up.

I'm not sure how that will all play out. 

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

The "something" that *might* have changed is the way they open with spent points as you level up.

I'm not sure how that will all play out. 

Yea, true. If we are spending talent points that are specific to a disc that could change things.

IhhQKY6.gif

27 minutes ago, Extintor said:

The original statement was major disciplines couldn't be removed they even included a mini talent tree to spend your points, but we've been able to remove them until now and there's no trace of the mini talent tree, so who knows how it will be for launch...

they said that may not go in until after release

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, yianni said:

I think that vessels are kind of easy to make for the amount of stats we get for them. I think ambrosia should match the quality of the vessel to make it . 

I think the fact that they're the only crafted that will never be mass produced, and the fact that they're the only crafted item that requires xp to use effectively invalidates any concerns about their ease of craft.

The grind for vessels is in sheer RNG volume, customer selectiveness, and the back loaded investement of all of the xp you have to pile in to them to make them actually useful.

In addition, the long term economy has huge effects on the economic over/under for necromancy. People will happily keep and use a mediocre rolled sword to extend the the life of a better one. Nobody will keep and use a medicore rolled vessel. unless its an upgrade, its useless to you, and over time, useless to almost everyone else. You're essentially throwing away materials unless the new vessel is better than the best vessel a player owns, and vessels becomes linearly less valuable to you the longer you've been playing, unlike every other item.

Vessels cost an appropriate amount of resources for these reasons.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

I think the fact that they're the only crafted that will never be mass produced, and the fact that they're the only crafted item that requires xp to use effectively invalidates any concerns about their ease of craft.

The grind for vessels is in sheer RNG volume, customer selectiveness, and the back loaded investement of all of the xp you have to pile in to them to make them actually useful.

In addition, the long term economy has huge effects on the economic over/under for necromancy. People will happily keep and use a mediocre rolled sword to extend the the life of a better one. Nobody will keep and use a medicore rolled vessel. unless its an upgrade, its useless to you, and over time, useless to almost everyone else. You're essentially throwing away materials unless the new vessel is better than the best vessel a player owns, and vessels becomes linearly less valuable to you the longer you've been playing, unlike every other item.

Vessels cost an appropriate amount of resources for these reasons.

More useless to everyone else in fact, because it can't be handed off and traded once inhabited. It may not decay like other items, but it is single use, AND takes up a valuable vessel slot on your account permanently. 

Eventually you will find a better one, and need to destroy the old, just to make room, or to try a new race/class combo you are interested in.

So maybe they don't decay, but they will be destroyed. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PaleOne said:

If you aren't trained in minerals, Don't have mineral specced tools or the foreman discipline, its going to be a very long slow grind before you have enough minerals to make a vessel.

Bones are the answer, the potion gives you a 20% chance for the minerals, without anything last time I checked. 

You still need 6 bones of the same quality for the potion, and that takes a while, but it is possible and fairly easy, the thing is, it is a main mechanic in the game, it should be fairly easy in my opinion..

I dont know what you would call end game in Crowfall at the moment, but Vessels are not it, Vessels are part of the leveling/progression aspect of the game, you dont want to make it super hard to level... or you are going to push all the casual players away..

Edited by seastodd

4 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

More useless to everyone else in fact, because it can't be handed off and traded once inhabited. It may not decay like other items, but it is single use, AND takes up a valuable vessel slot on your account permanently. 

Eventually you will find a better one, and need to destroy the old, just to make room, or to try a new race/class combo you are interested in.

So maybe they don't decay, but they will be destroyed. 

Exactly. Its like the T1 ship situation in EVE. Eventually your lower cost vessels, through sheer production glut of bad rolls will end up so cheap on the market they can't really be made for profit. Where in EVE this is due to massive production scales and alliances dumping their old fleet ships for super cheap just to liquidate the stockpile, every single vessel that a guild crafts that isn't an upgrade over currently used vessels, or the current stock of on-hold vessels for future guild members or specs won't even hit a bank. Those things end up directly on a vendor as soon as they're rolled the moment your guild bank's stock is better than what you just rolled, if your guild even keeps ready made vessels on hand for newbies at all.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

10 hours ago, seastodd said:

Bones are the answer, the potion gives you a 20% chance for the minerals, without anything last time I checked. 

You still need 6 bones of the same quality for the potion, and that takes a while, but it is possible and fairly easy, the thing is, it is a main mechanic in the game, it should be fairly easy in my opinion..

I dont know what you would call end game in Crowfall at the moment, but Vessels are not it, Vessels are part of the leveling/progression aspect of the game, you dont want to make it super hard to level... or you are going to push all the casual players away..

Then why make an epic/legendary vessel if theyre not endgame? There's a pretty big difference in a white vessel vs epic/legendary vessel for both crafters and combat.

Only vessels are vendors are poorly made dergs.