Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I so want the build to go to test,

But Jtodd's last update concerning the bug effecting performance under load, would be basically game breaking if lots of people jump on, and we would all be annoyed.

It is also not an easy bug/bugs to be left with, considering they probably have no idea where a bug like that is coming from, its not as simple as having a certain value, or render not coming out right, you would know where to start with those.

With my limited coding knowledge, I think they will have to start isolating certain sections of the code and testing that under some load to see where the issue is. It literally would be a complete crap shoot . They might get lucky and find it right away, they might not. 

Either way they probably really have no idea when it will get sorted, it could always be "stumbled upon" by someone and they will all smack their foreheads and say man am I stupid....

I think if they could give us an accurate time to when it would be done they would..

I am wanting an MMO to play, being home so much during this lockdown.  Wish Crowfall would launch, but guessing that will be a long way off.

Maybe New World will be good, but still 2 months until launch.  :(

15 hours ago, Devonic said:

I am wanting an MMO to play, being home so much during this lockdown.  Wish Crowfall would launch, but guessing that will be a long way off.

Maybe New World will be good, but still 2 months until launch.  :(

I go with Guild wars 2 wich i like a lot, but you can also try Bannerlord.

Or you can w8 for crowfall server to come back up.

Unfortunately, this is what a lot of us feared for a long time. Short version: the engine, or they way they worked their way through this engine, is simply not suitable for an action game with large crowds. We have been worried about this for a long time, complaining about the terrible performance in all instances of the game, and now that the largest update is upon us, they realize that the game performs terribly with large crowds. Sadly, very sadly considering how much I want this game to succeed and how much money I dumped on it, this is not a surprise.

What's even worse is their radio silence. The update is ready to test except for this last tiny problem: performace issues. I can only imagine how bad they are feeling, not being able to come up with a solution, and not feeling like breaking the news to the community but knowing that each extra day of silence is only gonna make things worse.

Is the problem even fixable? And to what degree? 

Of all the reasons they could mention to delay the update, this is the depressing realization of a prophecy everyone was hoping to be wrong about.

This wonderful game is built on crippled engine/code and might not be fixable given the budget.

Once again, I HOPE to be proven wrong and forced to eat my words soon.