Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turbocarson

Should lower levels not have to fight higher levels in PvP?

250 members have voted

1. 1. Should lower levels not have to fight higher levels in PvP?

• Yes
    • No

a few safezones might be sensible, but arbitrary restrictions beyond that like lvl 60 cant kill lvl 1 sounds against the spirit of what this game is trying to capture given the description 

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

I'm ok with a pvp free starter area.  Something up to level 10 or 20, depending on level cap, I guess.  Perhaps no fighting in certain cities.  After that, everyone should be fair game.

Alternatively, we might not even have kill anyone pvp, but only opposing factions.  No intra-faction fighting.  We just don't know yet.

I'm ok with a pvp free starter area.  Something up to level 10 or 20, depending on level cap, I guess.  Perhaps no fighting in certain cities.  After that, everyone should be fair game.

Alternatively, we might not even have kill anyone pvp, but only opposing factions.  No intra-faction fighting.  We just don't know yet.

I would really like that idea, that way you can progress in the game and have a chance

A noob island would be good, but after a certain level you have to leave.  But there should be no constaints to who can kill who outside of that starter area, even if they are lvl 1, the can still be targeted and destroyed.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

I've never understood the concern of character level when it came to PVP. I mean you may come up against a max level that knows diddley about PVP combat and strategy and you a lower level win with little difficulty. It has happened. I'm more concerned with PVP rank but not to enough to shake in my boots at the possibility of facing much higher ranked players. In W101 the official PVP ranks go from private (the lowest rank) to warlord (the highest). There were times way back when I was a private and faced warlords who bragged the fit wouldn't take long, I'd be dead in a few rounds yadda yadda yadda. Well let's just say I served them up huge pieces of humble pie or held my ground until they had to leave game.

But I am leery of voting in the poll because it is unclear as to which view point the yes or no is attached to so decided not to vote.

Should high levels not be allowed to kill people 10 or so levels below them or should every just kill everyone! :D

No, we want easy kills. That being said. There should be a deterrent for spawn camping.

Variance in character power necessary for this hypothetical should not be allowed.  While this would make the poll moot for me, I voted for the second option as it better relates to my position.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

The best part about playing the Asheron's Call Darktide server was getting to level 27 or so and then slaughtering a horde of low level red dots in Holtburg or Shoushi. Ultimately you would find yourself battling someone of a similar level over the right to cull newbies. So I voted no.

But it is a poorly worded question.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.