Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turbocarson

Should lower levels not have to fight higher levels in PvP?

250 members have voted

1. 1. Should lower levels not have to fight higher levels in PvP?

• Yes
    • No

What I like to see is for some of the higher level players to take the lower levels under their wing. Now these people are rare, and normally you will be killed many times trying to find someone like this, but when you do find someone, you will have protection until you've leveled enough to make it on your own.

If you don't find one of these people, then simply avoid high level players. There's always a bush to hide behind, you could try just straight out running for it, and avoiding areas where high level players normally lurk.

"I came, I saw, I conquered."

Here's a thought: A skilled new player should always have a fighting chance. No free meals just because I was there first.

Sure, that means I have to work to sate my bloodlust, but the rewards are always sweeter. 

What say you? 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

What I like to see is for some of the higher level players to take the lower levels under their wing. Now these people are rare, and normally you will be killed many times trying to find someone like this, but when you do find someone, you will have protection until you've leveled enough to make it on your own.

If you don't find one of these people, then simply avoid high level players. There's always a bush to hide behind, you could try just straight out running for it, and avoiding areas where high level players normally lurk.

This guy is a true survivor.

He's right, though, and how bad can it possibly be? It's not like that other environment wherein you'd have to give up your butthole for such guidance.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Here's a thought: A skilled new player should always have a fighting chance. No free meals just because I was there first.

Sure, that means I have to work to sate my bloodlust, but the rewards are always sweeter. 

What say you? 

And there's the perfect MMORPG philosophy. Even if we had levels to catch up, who's to say you cannot implement a system where a level 20 has a chance against a level 50 character?

Still snickering at downing R5 toons with R2.

Just make PvP faction-based like in SWG. Neutral people are Neutral... Treehugers hate Firestarters... Everyone likes the Pie makers. If you want to PvP, support that faction. If you don't, stay on good terms with all factions. Let the game choose when to flag people based on faction restrictions and ideology. This will make actual sense rather than the rampant gank fest type "sandboxes".

Just make PvP faction-based like in SWG. Neutral people are Neutral... Treehugers hate Firestarters... Everyone likes the Pie makers. If you want to PvP, support that faction. If you don't, stay on good terms with all factions. Let the game choose when to flag people based on faction restrictions and ideology. This will make actual sense rather than the rampant gank fest type "sandboxes".

I myself hate predetermined factions! Please allow the players to create their own political atmosphere like pre: Trammel UO, Asheron's Call on the Darktide server, and Shadowbane.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

What say you? 

When do we start the killing? 

One time, back during SB Live, Acriminal and I just got off Noob Isle to go train up our lvl 20 Huntresses. Some level 75 caster came in to PK us and we ended up wtfpwning his sorry ass.

Am all for having a fighting chance, no matter what level differences. Skill should always have room to be counted and so should daring.

My vote goes for "just kill everyone". Should redo the poll with that so we can click it.

What say you?

I'd agree that lower levels should at least have a chance against higher levels. It depends on implementation though. I'm guessing skill based as opposed to levels where there is little stat difference between noobs and vets.

One thing to keep in mind though, in a dangerous world where other players can kill you at any time, the first thing a player must learn is how to survive. There is no shame in a newbie running away or hiding.

A dose of humility when young goes a long way to making an honorable Grandmaster later. Remove the need to be cautious early on and you change the players' mindsets entirely.

Essentially what I'm saying is, if character growth is too limited than so will be the player's growth.

Guilds like dragon scale I am sure will be present for total new players without guild affiliation

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

Levels shouldn't even be visible to other players. As a "high level" you might try to gank what you think is a newbie just to get yourself destroyed because it was actually a high level hanging around with some lowbie friend protecting him.