Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turbocarson

Should lower levels not have to fight higher levels in PvP?

250 members have voted

1. 1. Should lower levels not have to fight higher levels in PvP?

• Yes
    • No

Levels!? Don't talk about Levels! Levels? Are you kidding me?  I'm just hoping we get to play a game.

They did say they are tired of the current MMOs, and are aiming for a sandbox game. I doubt they will have straight-up levels.

EOWWuhQ.png 

I am hoping that it's neither.

PVP (if it exists) shouldn't be so tied ot "levels" or extreme's.

I never understood how in any of the mmo's I played that featured levels, how it was "fun" to attack players so vastly lower leveled then you that you basically could just one-hit them or stand there and take hits all day.

I think pvp is a lot more fun when the players are on a more even playing field, and no matter the "newbness" of the character it should always have at least a fighting chance vs someone, even if they've been around for years.

Playing a game for a long time shouldn't entitle you to "own" noobs. Should you know more about the mechanics? yes, should you perhaps have more skills/abilities? Sure, but it shouldn't be an "I played for x amount of time, therefore I have an I win button" type of system I hope.

I think this is where games like Warhammer Online or others that had levels, but used a "Tier" system (Where it'd bring lower levels to higher ones but without the skill unlocks) so they'd at least be able to fight in pvp and do things, it made everyone feel like they were contributing rather then being useless.

Also another huge drawback to level meaning so much, the "rush" to end-game in order to pvp and being useless until you can. PVP Should be something you can participate in from early on until late game and not something only reserved for high level players imo.

Here's a thought: A skilled new player should always have a fighting chance. No free meals just because I was there first.

Sure, that means I have to work to sate my bloodlust, but the rewards are always sweeter. 

What say you? 

Yes, but a very small fighting chance. With a very high reward.

Also a big consequence for the older player if they lose.

That sounds great.

YES its good practice. Let us fight the lower levels to show them who's boss, and have them learn from their defeat. Think of it as a sparring match to teach lower leveled players new skills/strategies. 

Or maybe lower levels might want to fight higher levels to see gear and items they don't yet have. It gives them something to look forward to. 

Relly D.

I don't think low levels should be exempt from PvP but to make this FAIR and not a trainwreck MMO (no offense shadowbane) but have something similar to ESO that scales the damage and health of low levels to that of the higher level players they are fighting to at least have a shot opposed to instantly being murdered.

Yes or no, it depends on how the world is structured. If there are Factions/Realms, or in other words, safe areas... then i vote Yes. If the world is totally open, then i vote No, especially in a team oriented game, where solo players may be already penalized.

I played many MMOs on PvP servers, even alone, and i've never been the victim of a spawnkiller, in fact, i was the killer, but still, i understand it's frustrating for someone, even if most of times, moving away is a simple and good solution.

Also, if there are arenas, it's sure that i don't want lowbies in team.

Here's a thought: A skilled new player should always have a fighting chance. No free meals just because I was there first.

Sure, that means I have to work to sate my bloodlust, but the rewards are always sweeter. 

What say you? 

I really like this mindset, and I think this is how games should be, based on skill, and who is more talented in combat.

EOWWuhQ.png 

I don't think low levels should be exempt from PvP but to make this FAIR and not a trainwreck MMO (no offense shadowbane) but have something similar to ESO that scales the damage and health of low levels to that of the higher level players they are fighting to at least have a shot opposed to instantly being murdered.

It shouldn't be a problem at all and so as classes balancing if the game maker design the skill of each class become more strategic.

A 40 lvl character is capable to kill someone who's 75 lvl in SB only because of his stretegy and I am perfectly fine with this if the skill and ability setting are strategic enough.

Let say a mage should be easily hunted down by any rogue type character even there is 30 lvl between them. And I think they should treat the level problem in the same way.

they shouldn't make everything to be balanced by setting tons of rules and restrictions, otherwise that will be no fun at all. 

In this case about scaling, how do you scale the stat properly? It would be easy to if they set each class has only one type of state grow but it will literally make everyone become the same even they allow you to choose your skill set. I remember in SB, every single class has more than 10 ways(invented by player, not game designer) to play with their stat and skill. You could swing your sword at front line even if you are a mage (no magic damage from the mage in that case LOL).

I don't want this game ends up just a reaction-time speed test (a game depends on skill is good, way better than depends on gear. However, a game is far more attractive if it's depends on tactic, strategy and co-op.)

The level problem can be solved by just reduce the stat increment within each level, or allow people from your kind to setup siege weapon on some spot.

So basically low level can somehow fight back via using some external trap or siege weapon. It makes the game become more fun since every fight result can be different in different situation even with same players. I just don't like some game tried so hard to balance all classes/level problem and ends up clone everywhere.

I hope there is a in-game war rather than some up-scaled duelling.

crush levels