Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tyrannicall

Why are brigand bombs so custard obvious

Posted (edited)

I hope its just the Brigand that set them and his/her party that can see them. Much like stealth, everyone in your faction can see you but others cannot until revealed in some way. If they are telegraphed that much, that is really unfair to the Brig as traps are our main damage vehicle.

Edited by whisky
Spelling errors

49 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

they are currently billboards. From 5.10 to 5.11 they made them twice as obvious and the activation time has increased to almost 3 seconds.

Doesn't the Brigand get automatic activation as there last talent? I do agree they are larger now, but that should just help targets to step on them if they are still invisible to enemies.

23 minutes ago, Sorrows said:

Doesn't the Brigand get automatic activation as there last talent? I do agree they are larger now, but that should just help targets to step on them if they are still invisible to enemies.

The booby traps passive just adds dots to each of your traps. There is no auto activation, what I mean when I say activation is that from initial placement to the time it goes off on someone who is standing on top of it is 3 seconds or just short of.  Anyone with half a brain can dodge out before it connects.  

2 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

The booby traps passive just adds dots to each of your traps. There is no auto activation, what I mean when I say activation is that from initial placement to the time it goes off on someone who is standing on top of it is 3 seconds or just short of.  Anyone with half a brain can dodge out before it connects.  

Gotcha. You could also switch to range vs another melee and force him to come to you however, but I do see the delay vs other ranged players as a hindrance as the whole point of the Brigand promotion is traps. Can you still place them while stealthed to open with? Maybe that is the reason for the delay so you can drop all your traps before opening? Just a few thoughts, I have no horse in this race. 

So placement while stealth is possible but with the delay between placement and activation on top of the GCD between each trap you can dodge 1-2 of them depending on your Reaction. All in all traps are just in a very weird place. 

Posted (edited)

I think the big problem with brigands bomb was the increase to the time it take for them to blow up it was 2secs, now like tyrannicall says its almost 3. Also its 1m now so really its almost impossible to get anyone in the traps.

Also with the healing change it made it so direct damage from like a aoe neckbreaker is way better since its a burst damage on top of that about the same damage overall and it take about .5 sec since the damage hits before the animation even shows also its 5m aoe range(so way easier to land damage). Also look at druid bombs that can one shot someone is harder to avoid them brigand traps.

The ramp up time from dropping 3 bombs with GC then activation just leaves brigand so far behind. Also its dot damage which is no where near as good as straight burst in this game since most heals are HoTs(which got buffed with the spirit change). Almost every healer runs field surgeon which can purge all the dots off. Brigand was in a bad spot 5.10. They took a huge nerf in 5.11 with stealth and the time on bombs and also range is now 1m.

That and booby trap not on range bar specially with the changes to stealth really hurts since your using your range for defense instead of a quick stealth. So you drop traps disengage out and when someone finally runs over the trap you get nothing from it since your on the range bar.

Edited by Drewcifer

Posted (edited)

I hate to break it to you guys but brigand traps have never been invisible to enemies.

I have barked up this tree for over a year. I have raised this issue over and over and over again.

The last official word on stealth traps was that blair wanted to make them proper stealth with a perception counter but lacked the tech to do it and the powers people were too busy working on frostweaver. The art change came out of left field originally. The trigger delay is... hilariously off base for a proximity trigger device, if it is indeed intentional.

@thomasblair Are you intentionally placing a delay and reduced trigger range on brigand traps, if so, why? Can we still expect stealth traps? If not, what is the intended purpose of these devices, and why are they called traps?

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

So what we been talking about is more of a single target thing with brigand. But brigands are worse in group fights so ill try to explain why i feel that.

I did point out already brigands hard counter still in game from a group wide purge. Other classes had their hard counters taken out. But overall its Burst Dps is way more effective in crowfall then dots which is brigands main focus aoe dots.

So ill try my best to explain why Direct burst damage is so much better then dot damage in this game in group fights. 

This game has many HoTs.  All the aoe ground heals are not on a global server tick. Example 2 templers put down a circle you get healed from that HoT by 2 healers. I feel ground heals should be on the buff bar or global tick so people dont get healed by multiple of same abilities. 

Then add on top of ground hots you can have a single targeted HoT on you or group ones (the ones that show on the buff bar in green). 

So when people are in groups with multiple ground aoe ticking. Standing in a pixie with illuminate ticks and another single target hot on them. You would want a aoe damage ability like neck breaker for that burst damage. Why im using neck breaker as a example is the aoe damage from neck breaker is about equivalent to having all 3 traps. Brigands simply cant punish people for standing in giant blobs with that many HoT going off. 

Really I feel only bomb druids have the ability to punish people standing on top of each other currently. 

5.110 in general has felt like it has contained nerfs to all 3 stealth class/promotions

I feel like Duelist got hit the least hard, as it's DPS isn't affected directly like Assassin and Brigand, but the lack of being able to weave into stealth on-demand and use tunnel makes mobility and survivability harder on some level for Duelist.