Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can my day 3 crafter compete....

srathor

<slams head on desk>

Or make it so crafters in a crafting game, can craft?

3 professions. Supposedly.

But yet again 5 years later still the same thing. How many more chances?

Oh, I just thought of this but what if Crafters could upgrade monster drops? You kinda use that blue as draft and have a chance to make it better, change the stats a little, or something.

Nothing dumb as add dust and click upgrade. but actual messing around with it. Of course crafting a blue from scratch would still be better but this could be an interesting way to make crafters work with monsters drops and not against.

Edited by BarriaKarl

16 hours ago, srathor said:

Just how long and how many man hours is it going to take to make something comparable to that?

A 3 days crafter can`t, but we can`t wait on the passive training if it takes 60, 90, or 365 days to a year to compete with random loot tables. It`s the same in EvE online which the system is based on - it take a year in that game to do anything and be good at it including space combat. 

I`ve no idea why ACE used the EvE online passive system or systems, but Todd like character progression in small % numbers so you can impact the battlefield in small tiny % to notice improvements and do small combat tricks a little better than last week in combat basic - (passive skill progression tree. ) :) 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

But I enjoy a good loot table for what it brings in combat variety in the beginning of the campaign. Because I will not craft in CF and what we don`t need are items which is rare and unique that only a small circle within the same guild can experience such an item aka artifacts in Shadowbane which was cloned and sold in Sea dog rest on the Mourning server.

So a random loot tables will stay and u had the same thing in SB, but when the forges was up u still created more powerful items end game, but since progression system in CF take years we dont have much experience with the end game content. A good example in SB Todd other game were vorgrim armor/weapon sets that droped in the world so random loot tables will not be adressed and it will stay in Crowfall as well @srathor.  

I am not a huge fan of passive progression systems like in EvE online since day 1 when it was advertised before the kickstarter campaign launch. but it is what it is and tiny % progression in crafting,combat, exploring you need to get used to it, or do something else with our sparetime. But in CF I kind of get used to it and enjoy it for what it is.  

MQfHl7c.png

12 hours ago, srathor said:

<slams head on desk>

Or make it so crafters in a crafting game, can craft?

3 professions. Supposedly.

But yet again 5 years later still the same thing. How many more chances?

What do you believe to be the solution? 

If they made it so players could craft gear with the many varied types of named attributes like "sword of Arkon, shield of stoneborn" - there would be an uptick in crafter demand because some people want to focus on specific types of gear for their build (Anti-crit, Damage Bonus: Fire, etc.)

Since the wartribe drops are somewhat random, being able to work with a crafter to get exactly what you want would be nice.

Doesn't solve the passive training issue, but I think it would increase crafter utility to compete against wartribe drops tremendously.

39 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

make the best dropped gear be worse than crafted?

The best dropped gear worse that the worst crafted gear? Then people will just complain again that they can't get into PvP on day 1.

4 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The best dropped gear worse that the worst crafted gear? Then people will just complain again that they can't get into PvP on day 1.

You can pvp on day 1 with any gear,even the basic weapon and no armor.

3 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

You can pvp on day 1 with any gear,even the basic weapon and no armor.

Sure, but people will still complain that they can't compete with people who have crafted gear. That's exactly what happened before and why the dropped gear was added.