Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Littleshoes

So uh...how close is this to beta again?

Posted (edited)

Cause honestly everything feels horrible... gathering sucks, and for some reason when i hit rocks with a hammer the animation and the sfx isn't synced properly and it just makes me want to throw up. the UI is utter garbage and i'm not trying to be mean but it's really, really bad. And...WHO DESIGNED THE MAP!?! what even is this!? also, if you're not gonna have a tutorial at least have some tool tip boxes that pop up when you do stuff, ik there are some that do pop up but it's for mostly self-evident things, i'm talking EK tutorials/wth to even do, i need some freaking direction, i mean come on hold my hand for like 10 minutes and teach me what your game is about!!. and don't even get me started on performance...10-60 fps on a GTX 1080 16gb of ram and an I-7 something something something..come on now...ALSO WHY IS CRAFTING TAKING PLACE IN A MENU!? especially when the other two types of activity take place in world (i mean you're still hitting stuff whether you're gathering or combating but still, it's in world and not buried in a freaking menu.). i do understand that they have been working on backend stuff mostly, but i mean come on! it's what 4-5 years in development at this point and this is what we have? also the graphics kinda suck(subjective i know, but it's all just so drab and muted..ugh, i get that crowfall isn't taking place in a happy place/time but come on give me a LITTLE color, you can still be colorful while being serious, it's that dichotomy that makes stuff interesting.), and don't tell me all this stuff is placeholder, they've had 4-5 years to develop this stuff, people have done amazing things in that amount of time. ALSO DON"T %+@!$#?&*^ I N G CENSOR MY CURSING! i had to self edit my post so this stuff "poorly made dergs" didn't ruin my flow. S H I T isn't a bad word it's a bodily function!!

TL:DR i'm not happy with my purchase and i expect better(especially in the time they've been given). I'll hold out hope that this turns out well but i'm not expecting anything from this game or developer anymore.

Edited by Littleshoes

49 minutes ago, Jah said:

Is this feedback based on the new patch on TEST, or the old build on LIVE?

Does it matter when all of the OP's complaints still hold true with the latest patch with the possible exception of the UI (which isnt at all customizable)

9 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

Does it matter when all of the OP's complaints still hold true with the latest patch with the possible exception of the UI (which isnt at all customizable)

Yes, I think it is helpful to know which version the feedback is for.

IhhQKY6.gif

Thanks.

Tutorials and better tooltips are certainly planned. They wanted to get the game more finalized before they put a lot of effort into that sort of thing.

Similarly, they have long said that optimization comes later in the process. We should be seeing a lot of work on optimization in the coming months.

The new version on TEST is actually a lot more bright/colorful than the current version on LIVE.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Littleshoes said:

i played on the live build, cause i assumed it would be more stable.

The patch on test is definitely alot better than the old one on live atm, hoping it comes over to live soon

Veeshan Midst of UXA

31 minutes ago, mythx said:

I was playing old patch campaign and it is dead.. Are all on test now?

..  almost 10 GB download on test! 5.11! :D

Only EK's are up on Test right now they shut it down last night so they can update and put a new build out tomorrow Monday 3/30. I do recommend logging on and starting your passive training however.

yeah pretty much everyone is playing on Test, I'm not even sure if they are running a CW on live.  Would be a "safer" place to try stuff out if you wanted to for any reason.  Mostly we're just testing stuff on test/EKs and commiserating with each other over the lack of progress in this edition.

6 hours ago, Littleshoes said:

Cause honestly everything feels horrible... gathering sucks, and for some reason when i hit rocks with a hammer the animation and the sfx isn't synced properly and it just makes me want to throw up. the UI is utter garbage and i'm not trying to be mean but it's really, really bad. And...WHO DESIGNED THE MAP!?! what even is this!? also, if you're not gonna have a tutorial at least have some tool tip boxes that pop up when you do stuff, ik there are some that do pop up but it's for mostly self-evident things, i'm talking EK tutorials/wth to even do, i need some freaking direction, i mean come on hold my hand for like 10 minutes and teach me what your game is about!!. and don't even get me started on performance...10-60 fps on a GTX 1080 16gb of ram and an I-7 something something something..come on now...ALSO WHY IS CRAFTING TAKING PLACE IN A MENU!? especially when the other two types of activity take place in world (i mean you're still hitting stuff whether you're gathering or combating but still, it's in world and not buried in a freaking menu.). i do understand that they have been working on backend stuff mostly, but i mean come on! it's what 4-5 years in development at this point and this is what we have? also the graphics kinda suck(subjective i know, but it's all just so drab and muted..ugh, i get that crowfall isn't taking place in a happy place/time but come on give me a LITTLE color, you can still be colorful while being serious, it's that dichotomy that makes stuff interesting.), and don't tell me all this stuff is placeholder, they've had 4-5 years to develop this stuff, people have done amazing things in that amount of time. ALSO DON"T %+@!$#?&*^ I N G CENSOR MY CURSING! i had to self edit my post so this stuff "poorly made dergs" didn't ruin my flow. S H I T isn't a bad word it's a bodily function!!

TL:DR i'm not happy with my purchase and i expect better(especially in the time they've been given). I'll hold out hope that this turns out well but i'm not expecting anything from this game or developer anymore.

1. Being that this is Alpha...tutorials will more than likely not be around for a bit. Alpha is about getting what matters working right (ie fighting/crafting/pvp...etc)

2. EKs - youtube is your friend....same reason as above...tutorials won't be around for a while, so depend on your fellow players who have spent the time to make guides

3. The minimum system reqs that are posted are from like pre-alpha 2.0...that is a LONG time ago and way before large maps and so many other things were added. As someone else said, optimization is not on their list until close to launch

4. The only crafting that takes place in your menu...is the basics...making basic harvesting tools/wpns etc. You still need to visit castles/forts and such to actually use the main crafting stations

5. Don't let the door hit you if it's not moving fast enough for you. Be happy you have something to play since pretty much everything out there is...as you call it...S H I T

6. Enjoy the game for what it is right now...and be happy with where the game is going. Be a part of testing and provide actual constructive feedback instead of Corona-quarantined b itching

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Toowang said:

1. Being that this is Alpha...tutorials will more than likely not be around for a bit. Alpha is about getting what matters working right (ie fighting/crafting/pvp...etc)

2. EKs - youtube is your friend....same reason as above...tutorials won't be around for a while, so depend on your fellow players who have spent the time to make guides

3. The minimum system reqs that are posted are from like pre-alpha 2.0...that is a LONG time ago and way before large maps and so many other things were added. As someone else said, optimization is not on their list until close to launch

4. The only crafting that takes place in your menu...is the basics...making basic harvesting tools/wpns etc. You still need to visit castles/forts and such to actually use the main crafting stations

5. Don't let the door hit you if it's not moving fast enough for you. Be happy you have something to play since pretty much everything out there is...as you call it...S H I T

6. Enjoy the game for what it is right now...and be happy with where the game is going. Be a part of testing and provide actual constructive feedback instead of Corona-quarantined b itching

1- they should already be in the game, a tooltip box at the least(showing you what you can do and where you can go).

2- shouldn't have to go to an external source to learn about a game so...no.

3- judging by how the game looks, my graphics card SHOULD be able to run it, and beta is just around the corner so..where's the optimization? they have also had 5 years to make it run well, it doesn't.

4- and those stations open up into...a menu.

5- it has been 4-5 years of development, they should be nearing completion and the game currently sucks, sorry if that hurts your easily bruised feelings, i don't like this game (as it is now) you do, get over it.

6- every single thing i listed was constructive feedback (hidden behind a heaping load of contempt.)

just in case you don't believe me here ya go, i used shorter sentences for you, not to mention numbered em.

1- (some) gathering sfx is unsynced from the animation.

2-the UI is horrible, it needs changing.

3- the map is hard to understand, needs changing.

4- small tutorials need to be a thing asap to show people what to do and where to go. (it has been 4-5 years and beta is just around the corner, do it.)

5- Performance is horrible on a computer that should be able to eat this game for breakfast. (optimize your damn game.)

6- Gathering AND Combat take place outside of menus, crafting should as well.(get creative and find a freaking solution, cause as it stands i will NEVER enjoy crafting.)

7- i don't like the art direction, sue me. it's dark and muted and boring.

8- i don't enjoy not being able to curse, it's a major part of my vocabulary ( i've gone to multiple sites to learn curse words cause it's fun) and they have taken that away from me (on the forum and i assume in game)

9- i paid 60$ for a founders pack because i thought the concept was cool, i'm now regretting spending those 60$. i truly hope this game becomes good, but i just don't think it will (judging by where they've gotten in 4-5 years.)

Edited by Littleshoes

2 hours ago, Littleshoes said:

i don't enjoy not being able to curse, it's a major part of my vocabulary ( i've gone to multiple sites to learn curse words cause it's fun) and they have taken that away from me (on the forum and i assume in game)

Agree with several of your points but this issue is pretty standard for official gaming sites. Things can get out a hand quickly without blocks in place.

At least ACE has attempted to make it a bit amusing with replacement words instead of just deleted comments.

Curious what game sites you've been able to curse without restriction.

It's their rules so you can accept it or not. They aren't going to change it.

I have to ask how you'd envision any form of crafting to work without a menu.

You seem really upset about the crafting menu and I've never heard this take before. What game can you point to that doesn't use a menu for crafting and where can I play it? This idea intrigues me. Every single crafting system I've ever used takes place in some kind of crafting menu.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

On your Question: Probably a few months.

Is the game ready to be 'played'? Not by a long shot due to many broken things, some inherited and some introduced with the new patch.

Judging Crowfall by your regular wow clones/wannabees  out-there is wrong as it's actually a game that brings NEW stuff to the MMO Genre and new stuff takes time to make.

One example of new stuff is on your list of complaints - The Map. FYI the maps are randomly generated based on input parameters - Island size, number of islands, POI on them, NPC etc. It takes them 15 minutes to generate an entirely new world and then one or more days to hand check for eventual errors. So building a system that spews out entirely new worlds in 15 minutes is a major undertaking. 

Bottom line - you won't play the same map twice!

I get your frustration - most of us feel it as well, I know I do, but when you actually take a step back and look at the bigger picture - it gives me energy to have patience as I know that this ALREADY has the tools to make a great game but the tools need FIXES now and later on fine tuning.

/salute

Edited by KDSProm

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

2 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

I have to ask how you'd envision any form of crafting to work without a menu.

You seem really upset about the crafting menu and I've never heard this take before. What game can you point to that doesn't use a menu for crafting and where can I play it? This idea intrigues me. Every single crafting system I've ever used takes place in some kind of crafting menu.

Everquest 2 (extremely dated) had you work out the success of recipes on the worktables in real time. Adjust the steam, tighten the stitching, react to fractures, ect. 

The crafting was interactive. 

Technically, its probably not too different from plugging your choices into a menu and pressing the "make" button, but its very dated and very boring....considering crafting is touted as one of three paths you can focus all of your time on in this game. Most games have garbage crafting systems and its ok, because it isnt the focal point of your character.

Crowfall's crafting interface and crafting game play experiences is pretty inexcusable when they promote choosing to play as a main crafter is a viable role. Sure it is.....if you like clicking through menus and doing virtually nothing else in the game world with your character as part of the crafting process yourself. Shouldnt a fully focused cook expect to see their character in game working an oven? Raising / lowering the heat, removing the pan from the fire at the right time, adding ingredients at the proper time, ect in the same manner an a combat character gets to see their character doing combat in the world or a harvester goes out and interacts with resource nodes....? Naw, they get to spend their time clicking through menus and playing inventory tetris instead.

Just a reminder, when I bought the game I knew very well this is not a finished product, so I am not sure how anyone can say they are unhappy with their purchase! Once the game is released, and the product is finished, than make a judgement! 

10 hours ago, Littleshoes said:

1- (some) gathering sfx is unsynced from the animation. ye

2-the UI is horrible, it needs changing. ye, its coming

3- the map is hard to understand, needs changing. ye

4- small tutorials need to be a thing asap to show people what to do and where to go. (it has been 4-5 years and beta is just around the corner, do it.why make tutorials when the game isnt finished

5- Performance is horrible on a computer that should be able to eat this game for breakfast. (optimize your damn game.) optimization always comes last

6- Gathering AND Combat take place outside of menus, crafting should as well.(get creative and find a freaking solution, cause as it stands i will NEVER enjoy crafting.) how would you do combat in a menu?

7- i don't like the art direction, sue me. it's dark and muted and boring. disagree

8- i don't enjoy not being able to curse, it's a major part of my vocabulary ( i've gone to multiple sites to learn curse words cause it's fun) and they have taken that away from me (on the forum and i assume in game) you've clearly never logged into the game, you can cuss freely

9- i paid 60$ for a founders pack because i thought the concept was cool, i'm now regretting spending those 60$. i truly hope this game becomes good, but i just don't think it will (judging by where they've gotten in 4-5 years.) ok

hoayaga2.jpg

5 hours ago, Toadwart said:

Everquest 2 (extremely dated) had you work out the success of recipes on the worktables in real time. Adjust the steam, tighten the stitching, react to fractures, ect. 

The crafting was interactive. 

Technically, its probably not too different from plugging your choices into a menu and pressing the "make" button, but its very dated and very boring....considering crafting is touted as one of three paths you can focus all of your time on in this game. Most games have garbage crafting systems and its ok, because it isnt the focal point of your character.

Crowfall's crafting interface and crafting game play experiences is pretty inexcusable when they promote choosing to play as a main crafter is a viable role. Sure it is.....if you like clicking through menus and doing virtually nothing else in the game world with your character as part of the crafting process yourself. Shouldnt a fully focused cook expect to see their character in game working an oven? Raising / lowering the heat, removing the pan from the fire at the right time, adding ingredients at the proper time, ect in the same manner an a combat character gets to see their character doing combat in the world or a harvester goes out and interacts with resource nodes....? Naw, they get to spend their time clicking through menus and playing inventory tetris instead.

And you had to do all that for each item?

That's sounds really annoying but I guess I should look up a video.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"