Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
srathor

Uhh? How long till I can equip that shovel?

Really?

I am into necromancy basics already with Eigor. 

unknown.png?width=809&height=455

To equip a shovel though and start getting the required parts.......

unknown.png

5040 per pip. /6 /60 =14 hours per pip for knotwood. 4 pips to move on. 2.33333 days. x 6  14ish days?

Then main starter node on next page. at least to x4 pips. (Really need 5 pips to complete the bene harvest boost. 

Then the shovel pip itself. So if none of the next nodes are more expensive. (Since the numbers are hidden from us to protect our fragile minds.) aroundish 17 days... To learn how to shovel.

Not counting the 4 days already put in. 

Man. Talk about advanced. 

Posted (edited)

the basic tree lines are way way too slow to aquire, atm it like here the game guys but you cant really do anything for a month while you work your way through the basic lines

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

I was thinking maybe be nice for the basic tree to give points for actively doing harvesting and crafting and combat. Then switch it to time based once it time to specialized into something. That can also motivate new people into trying out the 3 aspects of the game.

Also is there foreman thralls? I feel motherloads are the best harvesting for the game since it a activity you do with others. Since vendors dont sell it how long is it before people will be able to get foreman? I know their those special rune tools but that will be quite awhile before they have a chance to harvest it right? Think its a bit to hard to get foreman. Since there mother loads in god reach they should have access to it to try out the mother loads.

Edited by Drewcifer

Yes, passive training is still pretty frustrating in the current setup. I'd think that you want someone who picks harvesting to specialize within an hour. I don't see the point in gatekeeping any particular harvesting. IMO people should be able to make vessels on day 1, and the gating is simply how much better it'll get.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

3 hours ago, McTan said:

IMO people should be able to make vessels on day 1, and the gating is simply how much better it'll get.

No no no, people need to "earn" the right by waiting for time to pass.

But ya I believe we should have the ability to craft/harvest everything day 1 with our ability to do so improving over time. Speed up the initial training and toss in some active speed boost for first bit and would be much improved.

I am very puzzled by the decision to lock the least rewarding form of harvesting behind the greatest amount of training investment.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I remember when each pip in a node had different costs. Combining that with reducing the number of pips to start the next node (3 instead of 4, 4 instead of 5) they can give faster progression but slow maximizing. I'm not really sure why they remove the variable cost inside a node.

4 hours ago, Extintor said:

I remember when each pip in a node had different costs. Combining that with reducing the number of pips to start the next node (3 instead of 4, 4 instead of 5) they can give faster progression but slow maximizing. I'm not really sure why they remove the variable cost inside a node.

Honestly haven't paid much attention to the specific math for quite some time. The FAQ still states it works as you describe with the initial training going fast for a node then slowing down. If all training is flat that is unfortunate. Assuming this changed a long time ago when the layout changed to whatever shape along with the stats gained per node/pip.

I'd prefer everyone having access to all training fast, but then progress slow over time. People need things to do in this game and I don't see any harm in everyone having access to shovels or other harvesting/crafting options. Actually being good at it stat wise is what should require training.

The newer linear radial layout is brain dead when it comes to training. No branching, no choice, no thought. Find an end point and follow the straight (curved) road.