Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

5.110 TEST Feedback for 3/30-4/1/20

5.110 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

frostweaver has too much damage and heal potential, please limit ice on the ground to 5 max for arch mage and frostguard with an 8 cap for icecallers to keep them competitive and more in line with other healers hps and other dps's dps

hoayaga2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience.

Query: What alternative game would you recommend to play while waiting the 18 real days in order to learn how to equip a shovel? 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Staff said:

with an 8 cap for icecallers

Even at that, with only 4 Frostweavers in large scale battles...you are looking at potentially 32 ice chunks littering the landscape....

Surely in large battles you will have even more than 4 Frostweavers with regularity, then add druids and their orbs for even more ground clutter...

I dont see how this is going to be fixed without removing the ice patch and orb  graphics and replacing them with a nearly invisible flat circle on the ground or something. Its like painting yourself into a corner with having not 1, but 2 classes capable of littering up an entire landscape.

Edited by Toadwart

Posted (edited)

Need a better indicator for placing stable ice.

Obviously the performance aspect is why stable ice and orbs aren't visible to everyone, but I kinda think it's problematic not being able to see those abilities.

Edited by Helix

Just now, Toadwart said:

Even at that, with only 4 Frostweavers in large scale battles...you are looking at potentially 32 ice chunks littering the landscape....

Surely in large battles you will have even more than 4 Frostweavers with regularity, then add druids and their orbs for even more ground clutter...

I dont see how this is going to be fixed without removing the ice patch and orb  graphics and replacing them with a nearly invisible flat circle on the ground or something. Its like painting yourself into a corner with have not 1, but 2 classes capable of littering up an entire landscape.

32 things isnt really a lot, only the mine sticks around for more then a second visually anyway for others, vfx in this need improvement yes but this is about class balance not visual clutter

hoayaga2.jpg

56 minutes ago, Staff said:

frostweaver has too much damage and heal potential, please limit ice on the ground to 5 max for arch mage and frostguard with an 8 cap for icecallers to keep them competitive and more in line with other healers hps and other dps's dps

i agree there should only be 5 down at any time

Posted (edited)

Targeting/Aiming

Aiming certain abilities (like rescue, druid orbs, frost weaver ice) seems to be very inconsistent and behaves oddly. If it weren't too late in development I'd recommend scrapping them and starting from scratch or just implementing some sort of tab target system for some spells/abilities.

Frostweaver, Stormcaller and AoE's

Some people in the community think that the implementation of mass AoEs is a counter to zerging in some way. This argument is false and reveals their complete lack of game knowledge (from CF or otherwise), but it appears that this notion was acted upon in regards to the Frostweaver's design and AoE abilities from other classes. I agree that there was a need for ranged AoE potential (glass cannon artillery) but the damage we're seeing from some of these classes is extremely over tuned and needs to be walked back.

On a Frostweaver specific note, it seems like free weaving is spammable and leads to some very broken power combinations, as well as some serious frame lag.

Swordsman, Vindicator

Removing their access to plate is a mistake. These classes weren't over powered killing machines by any stretch of the imagination and punishing their defense with this nerf is really hard to understand. Vindicators and Swordsman should be restored to plate armor or have their damage somehow buffed to make up for their lowered defenses.

Assassins

I'm not sure what Assassins are supposed to do. They don't hit hard enough for how squishy they are. They don't have a large enough heal block to really take on a support/debuffer role. And entirely too much of their damage/usefulness is locked behind poisons that are gated behind the very arcane crafting system.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

It would be nice if sacrifice items had some sort of back ground or were highlighted when you go to a sacrificial Altar. 

Frostweaver placing Ice would feel better with ground targeting instead of reticle targeting. 

The UI Changes are great!

Posted (edited)

Illara & Zeleena have flipped factions, but Illara's bio still says she's part of the god's of balance. Is this intentional or a slip up?

Need to know so I can tell the guild. Zeleena was chaos, but if that has actually changed then My guilds faction will change with it, we will continue to follow her, the dragon goddess.

Edited by Azerlin
typo

11 hours ago, Staff said:

I don't mind limiting it to five , but they should make getting ice a little easier then maybe gain one ice on 3rd lmb

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, soulein said:

Targeting/Aiming

Aiming certain abilities (like rescue, druid orbs, frost weaver ice) seems to be very inconsistent and behaves oddly. If it weren't too late in development I'd recommend scrapping them and starting from scratch or just implementing some sort of tab target system for some spells/abilities.

Some people in the community think that the implementation of mass AoEs is a counter to zerging in some way. This argument is false and reveals their complete lack of game knowledge (from CF or otherwise), but it appears that this notion was acted upon in regards to the Frostweaver's design and AoE abilities from other classes. I agree that there was a need for ranged AoE potential (glass cannon artillery) but the damage we're seeing from some of these classes is extremely over tuned and needs to be walked back.

On a Frostweaver specific note, it seems like free weaving is spammable and leads to some very broken power combinations, as well as some serious frame lag.

Swordsman, Vindicator

Removing their access to plate is a mistake. These classes weren't over powered killing machines by any stretch of the imagination and punishing their defense with this nerf is really hard to understand. Vindicators and Swordsman should be restored to plate armor or have their damage somehow buffed to make up for their lowered defenses.

Assassins

I'm not sure what Assassins are supposed to do. They don't hit hard enough for how squishy they are. They don't have a large enough heal block to really take on a support/debuffer role. And entirely too much of their damage/usefulness is locked behind poisons that are gated behind the very arcane crafting system.

Assassin. I`ve experience both in SB and CF, and they need more tools blind/stun, power blocks even their shadowmantle is a huge disappointment compare to SB. Many other start to notice this when they dont use legendary items vs new players and harvesters they are quite weak and fragile now.  In consider they nerfed stealth a bit, but my main concern about the assassins, they need some solid tools to do what they are suppose to be good at. Shadowmantle in CF is a joke and more like a support power like playing a support champion in League of legends. powerblocks, stuns, blind effects, some solid pierce debuffs. 

And without proper Major/minor runes the class itself is almost borderline useless. ;) 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

8 hours ago, soulein said:

This. Free weaving to crash sieges or drop the fps to less than playable will be a defense strategy .

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

This. Free weaving to crash sieges or drop the fps to less than playable will be a defense strategy .

It will be one very very soon if they don’t fix it before sieges are in; it will quickly sour their testing population (more than we already are).  It should be one of those bugs they look at as it cannot go forward or it will detrimentally and severely impact the health and viability of the game. 

@thomasblair

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, pamintandrei said:

to fix the free weave spam i really think the initial free weave should be the only ranged ice placement they can do and make regular ice weave always place  the ice 3 meters  in front of you, its a bug right now with the crappy targeting but its more balanced that way

hoayaga2.jpg

Posted (edited)

ive posted a lot of frostweavers posts here so im just gonna compile them into 1 easy reading and edit as needed after more testing

FROSTWEAVER

Limit ice on the ground to 5 for arch-mage and frostguard for each type with an 8 cap for icecallers cool ice and rereshing ice

Turn the bug with ice weave where it places right in front of you into a feature and make the initial free weave the only way to send long range ice

Regen 1 ice on every 3rd basic hit or even 6th basic hit would be fine

Convert frost armor and frost armory into a 35% incoming damage reduction buff instead of mitigation's to keep the core power of frostguard competitive in the mid to late game where mitigation's are maxed

Edited by Staff
updated after more testing

hoayaga2.jpg

• The jump animation for characters looks odd.  It's as if the second part of the jump is just the first part played in reverse.  It looks unnatural.
  • The doober and runegate beacon moonlight rays at night are a subtle effect, but it looks really good when you happen to catch it.
  • Noticed some general animation improvement on some characters so far.  Again, it's subtle and you probably wouldn't notice on characters you haven't played a lot in the past but looks nice.

Posted (edited)

My Stoneborn Radical Cleric feels exceptionally weak. Maybe it will be better with a good vessel, but so will all the other classes and promotions, so I am unimpressed.

Ideas:

• Big trainable spike to the Cleric damage aura
  • Some kind of DOT like holy burn on third LMB attack
  • No change from holy damage to fire damage, as this will overlap with people building to resist confessors and templars, and is a huge dealbreaker
Edited by McTan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com