Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

5.110 TEST Feedback for 3/30-4/1/20

On 3/31/2020 at 10:53 AM, Staff said:

ive posted a lot of frostweavers posts here so im just gonna compile them into 1 easy reading and edit as needed after more testing

FROSTWEAVER

Limit ice on the ground to 5 for arch-mage and frostguard for each type with an 8 cap for icecallers cool ice and rereshing ice

Turn the bug with ice weave where it places right in front of you into a feature and make the initial free weave the only way to send long range ice

Regen 1 ice on every 3rd basic hit or even 6th basic hit would be fine

Convert frost armor and frost armory into a 35% incoming damage reduction buff instead of mitigation's to keep the core power of frostguard competitive in the mid to late game where mitigation's are maxed

updated my post containing potential balances for  frostweaver after more testing 

hoayaga2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Additional General Feedback

Accessories

I'm not a fan of having accessories locked behind disciplines / classes / races or any assortment of the aforementioned. Why shouldn't everyone be able to use rings and necklaces? Why should you need a discipline to unlock the ability to wear something so trivial? From a logic standpoint it doesn't make sense and it's just kinda silly.

Warcamps / Wartribes / Map & World Design.

It's been awhile since I played the game, so these are observations of a "relatively new player". The war camps / war tribes are a interesting idea, being able, the loot seems like an okay "hold me over" till the advanced stuff, but the mobs themselves are complete push overs and the AI is awful. Sure there's some bugs to fix there, but even when the mobs are functioning correctly they're pretty much just punching bags. Obviously the developers have limited man power and thus limited finances and resources they can pouring into this part of the game, but I thought I'd be truthful in saying I'm underwhelmed a bit.

I think the layout of war camps like underhill and the satyr camp are "alright", but just alright. This is an unfortunate result of relying entirely on procedural generated maps; they're basically going to be ugly and lack any sort of identity. This is a problem with the map and world design in general, there is nothing interesting about the world or the locales you fight in or over. They all have the feeling of sterilization and homogenization. There simply is no depth here, everything feels flat. Maybe it's something that can be resolved with more biomes, but I'm honestly not sure. I would like to see drastically altered map designs with things like canyons, bridges, more bottlenecks, tunnels, caves, etc.

Combat

This worries me the most; combat has literally not changed much since the last time I invested serious time in the game. That was about 2 years ago. Iframes has been replaced with damage absorption shields (which was a good chance because combat basically revolved around abusing Iframes), but outside of that everything still feels the same. We have more abilities to play with when it comes to disciplines, but I'd argue that a lot of those powers/decisions are bad/redundant/useless and some could (and should) be rolled into certain classes to fill them out more. Combat still feels rough, janky and unpolished which scares me a bit considering how close we are to beta. I've tried getting people interested in crowfall by showing them relatively recent videos, but have been met with disinterest just due to the current state of combat.

Progression

Progression has presumably received the most attention and I agree that it has improved. I like theory crafting, so having a lot of granular control is a big deal to me. Being able to craft my character, pick my attribute caps, assign them how I want, fill in my spell book, pick talents and a promotion. All good stuff. I still think starting with zero abilities is terrible however, and I think picking a promotion should be more impactful (each promotion should give you an additional ultimate, and maybe have an ability or two linked to them).

Class Design

Class design seems kinda uneven. You have certain classes that have a larger base ability kit than others, more base options (some classes have two or more ultimates while some only have 1). Some have more wiggle room in what they can take in terms of abilities, and some are extremely rigid. With the change in disciplines and talent points you're going to have a smaller avenue of choice as well.

UI
The UI is alright, but it could be so much better. I take issue that we can't move and scale UI elements. There's also no raid UI in a game that revolves around sieges.

Passive Progression

I feel like it's the end of the line for passive progression. It was a neat experiment but if anything has been learned it's that it doesn't work when a large percentage of your players are sitting around literally unable to do anything. Crafters and harvesters are both stuck.

Edited by Helix

Is there no current crafter for the Frostweaver Ice Focus? I've equipped every major and minor and looked through the lists and can't find a profession that can craft them. I know they can be bought at the vendor (the most basic ones), but am curious how we can craft a focus with better ice spawn chance, if possible? 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Is there no current crafter for the Frostweaver Ice Focus? I've equipped every major and minor and looked through the lists and can't find a profession that can craft them. I know they can be bought at the vendor (the most basic ones), but am curious how we can craft a focus with better ice spawn chance, if possible? 

its craftable

hoayaga2.jpg

are blue frostcasters, sickles, and confessor books not in the current loot tables? no one has found one yet and its gonna suck a little with those 3 classes having reduced damage cause of broken loot tables

hoayaga2.jpg

Starting Assassin feels terrible for several reasons including the fact that you have to get 13+ before you get the stealth ability and secondly every other class can get access to their their weapons and gear yet Assassin cannot get an early poison from vendor or drops. 

IMO feels like I am getting pushed into a specific race if I want to gather a resource by having to choose a particular race then class in order to be efficient early on with such a low amount of training and slow training speed. Obviously some classes that have particular stats will have slightly better gathering proficiency but at least this way we do not feel gimped by being pushed into a specific combo.

• The ring of ambient of light around a character at night kind of ruins the darkness effect we've been waiting a while for.  I'd like to see a toggle, or require a light source to see, like a torch or and advanced rune tool.
  • I'd like to see future map gens connect roads to all the poi's now that we have speed boosts built into them, at least for the more significant places where it would make sense.

Posted (edited)

Passives are not feeling good at this pace. A week into the game, crafters cannot craft useful items and harvesters cannot harvest useful materials. A new player that came to CF to do those things would have left by now.

On the other end of the spectrum, where harvesting and crafting passives are hard time gates, the combat passives are barely impactful (as they should be IMO). After a week of training, I have gained 3% anti-crit and 120 health.

Do we really need to 4 pip each of the nodes in the basics tree before moving past that node and on to the next? Why does a quarry-man need to know so much about harvesting knotwood, slag, hunger shards & soulgems before learning to quarry stone? Just to get to the Reaping tree, a skinner needs to 4 pip 6 nodes that have nothing to do with being a skinner (apples, more apples, grubs, consumption, bandaging & metabolism).

If we were allowed to move on after getting one pip in a node, players would be able to do what they are here to do much sooner, at the cost of hollowing out their basic skills; but that's a choice right? 

Edit: if each pip within a node was significantly more expensive than the one before, the 1st pip in a node could be set to a painless cost (an hour for basics, a day for advanced skills), but filling out a skill where the player finds value would still take a real time investment. Where Ace sees a need to time gate a trait, they could award that trait on the 5th pip rather than the 1st.

This would let players quickly target skills where they find value, without forcing a large time investment for skills where they do not see value, while still giving players years of training options.

Edited by VaMei

When you give a time for when the server goes down for maintenance, it would be great if you kept to the time you set, not 15 minutes earlier.

Please add ground targeting modes into game settings.

There are three possible options:

1) Press power once to show ground marker, press second time to cast power at market position (That's how druid orbs work)

2) Hold power to show ground marker, release power to cast power at market position (There are no such powers to my knowledge)

3) Press power to instantly cast power where reticle is pointing (That's how FW ices work).

Currently we have hard binded mechanics to every class or skill, it would be great to give player an option to pick which way of targeting they prefer in game settings.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:22 AM, ComradeAma said:

Please add quick Yes / No button to trade interfaces. It will help to speed up buy/selling process.

u2yHoYz.png

That's a good idea