Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tyrannicall

Useless Talent Chokepoints.

https://ibb.co/7CPRS9x The Talent in the Ranger tree Cloaked in moss is a required 3 points in order to access both the Double shots talent as well as the Cross slash talent. Cloaked in moss only offers passive health regen which more offensive players aren't going to want to waste 3 points in. However Double shots/Cross slash are both very strong offensive talents. In its current state im forced to waste 3 points is something I would never choose just to access those talents.

I think its important to make people invest into strong offensive or defensive talents through other nodes that may not be 100% ideal. That said, out of combat always has been and always will be a generally useless stat and should really just be replaced by something else. 

6 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

In its current state im forced to waste 3 points is something I would never choose just to access those talents.

The illusion is that you choose how to build your character.

The reality is that half of the choices are already made for you.

5 hours ago, Jjusticar said:

I think its important to make people invest into strong offensive or defensive talents through other nodes that may not be 100% ideal. That said, out of combat always has been and always will be a generally useless stat and should really just be replaced by something else. 

replace it with incombat healing and make it +50 per node for max of 150 so its not worthless

hoayaga2.jpg

I agree lots of the talents are underwhelming and forced in some instances, but this is really only the 2nd pass at talents and @thomasblair did say they plan to make another run through. I honestly would like to see forced talents only cost one point so it doesn't feel as bad taking them even if they reduce the overall number of talent points to match. It just feels bad to put 3 talent points into something you don't really want or need, while putting a single point in it would feel way better even if they didn't change the talent tree's around. 

On that note did you notice the ranger mitigation talents getting changed to +HP instead of flat mitigation? Not sure how the numbers math out but 100 hp feels bad compared to 1% mitigation. Hopefully once all the bugs are worked out and this hits live they can focus on Talent Tree's and Disciplines because they need a major overhaul.