Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.110 TEST Feedback for 4/3/20

5.110 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Just want to show some Love to the ACE Crowfall codewarriors!!

When we all know you're under the gun in more ways than one, nothing but love and respect for your resolution, fortitude and efforts !!

So to you ladies and men I say...

Bravo, Bravo!  Bravissimo!!  Bellissimo!!

Veramente, Grazie Mille!!

Posted (edited)

Warden Ranger Talents - Tree Sparring talent has been changed from 1% Mitiagation to 150hp per Talent Point. Unsure how the numbers math out, but with the opposing talent being 1% Crit Chance per talent point I doubt many will go for the additional HP. Also a later talent "Weathered Defense" has also been changed from 1% Mitiagation to 100hp per talent point. Unsure why a deeper talent would give less HP per point than a earlier choice.

Talent Points - I know this is not the popular stance, but I still seem to have to many and feel I can get everything I want including both Major Disciplines and I actually had 3 points left over to add additional Power after all was said and done. I would honestly like to see 5-10 less talent points at the current scale so I'm forced into real choices, which will make my gear selection later dependent on the stats I gave up in my talent build.

Talent Point Spending - Required talents should only cost 1 point to move forward, even if you reduce the overall talent points to match design change. It really feels bad and pointless to put 3 points into a talent you may or may not want just to go further into the tree. 

Merchant Idea 1 - I would like to see a Merchant Passive Talent Tree added. In the current game you can purchase a pre-made NPC stall for 15K Gold, but it will be at least a month if not more (have not done the math) to train into Grave Digging and Necromancy to be able to create the Human Vessel to create a Merchant NPC to run a Stall created by a Stonemason.  Instead adding the passive training into an additional Wheel in basic Crafting or Exploration would solve that problem and get commerce moving earlier. You could also add Caravan talents to the Merchant passive tree to add another dimension of game-play and choice.

Merchant Idea 2 - Have the Vendors be preexisting with a buy option when you first click on them or keep the current NPC premade Vendors available and leave the Player made ones just for flare and decoration. So people can have a Armor-Stall with a Minotaur NPC vs a Jewelry Stall with a High-Elf NPC.  

Artifact Lore and Bind's - There are way to many non-stacking Lore's and Binds, this has caused a nightmare for inventory management.

Inventory and Bank Space - I can only imagine what larger guilds are going through as I'm a solo player and not an active Gatherer or Crafter and I'm running out of space even with a full vendor stall. More items need to stack and/or stacks need to be larger.

Passive and Active Training -  Albion Online has a pretty good system when it comes to there active and passive training where VIP gives you 20 (LP) a day passively that you can use to speed up training and none-VIP can earn LP by actively completing daily quest which keeps people logging in and a solid player base at all times . By actively doing, using, crafting, etc. you gain XP towards what you are doing and at 20% into the level you can spend your LP to complete it or just continue to grind it to max. This allows players that are taking a hiatus to catch up, new players to invest time to catch up, and gives the average player something to work towards daily when he logs in. If ACE has not already looked into a similar idea I highly recommend taking a peak as it's a pretty solid overall system and would fit this game model.

Edited by Sorrows
Spelling

No, you didn't fix the dutchy! The nodes are still rank #"%¤&&/

Can you please, please, please start to think about the harvesters/crafters? You know, there are some of us that has been drawn to this game because it's supposed to cater to those of us who like to make stuff, not only destroy it. At the moment I find the game incredibly boring. Leveling a vessel from 1 to 30 takes 2-5 hours, depending on how lazy you are. After that it's just leveling a new one, and a new one, and a new one, nothing else, absolutely nothing else to do. I would suggest you auto-fill the basic levels for exploration and crafting, then give each and everyone 250,000 point to use as they like, and get some damned higher rank nodes into the game, so we can start testing crafting too.

• When you consume the last item in a consumable slot, I'd like to see it gray out instead of removed.  Then, when I get more, the same items is still there for use without having to set it again, e.g. eating the last apple, then harvesting more.
  • There are a handful of passives that we don't necessarily want active at all times.  In the past, we'd simply remove the passive or set it to a different tray.  With that functionality removed, it'd be great to be able to disable our "active passives", especially on a tray-by-tray basis.

11 hours ago, Angelhearth said:

No, you didn't fix the dutchy! The nodes are still rank #"%¤&&/

Can you please, please, please start to think about the harvesters/crafters? You know, there are some of us that has been drawn to this game because it's supposed to cater to those of us who like to make stuff, not only destroy it. At the moment I find the game incredibly boring. Leveling a vessel from 1 to 30 takes 2-5 hours, depending on how lazy you are. After that it's just leveling a new one, and a new one, and a new one, nothing else, absolutely nothing else to do. I would suggest you auto-fill the basic levels for exploration and crafting, then give each and everyone 250,000 point to use as they like, and get some damned higher rank nodes into the game, so we can start testing crafting too.

They had said this current test was for testing lvling 1-30. There will be more to test when they open infected / dregs maps

aeei5jG.png

If we're going to be made to make more meaningful choices in talent tree point spending, don't force us to spend 3/5 points on useless talent nodes.

I describe useless as:

• Health Regen less than 100 per point.
  • Max Hit points in the range of 100 per point.

I could be missing something (which is more likely the case), but I could not find low level plate on any of the vendors. Is this intentional? If not, where is it found? 

I LOVE the progress that has been made!

BLACKHEART

A Crowfall Guild Specializing in RP-PVP

I think it is very important to work towards some type of hardware optimization and soon. The game has so much potential but it is so herky jerky right now even on medium with a decent system (Ryzen 3600, 16gb ram, NVMe SSD, RTX2060) that playing the game often becomes frustrating just due to performance. I know this is something you are working towards but it truly has to be a priority if it isn't (this really has to be done before you start calling this a BETA and not ALPHA.) I feel like if this goes into a publicized open beta with this performance it could be seriously detrimental to the viability of the game.

2 hours ago, Yoink said:

They had said this current test was for testing lvling 1-30. There will be more to test when they open infected / dregs maps

I get that, but where's the incentive, for those of us that doesn't think leveling is the funniest thing on god's green earth?

Posted (edited)

Brigand traps needs to be invisible to enemys. Everyone just runs around them or dodges away when placed. They are traps, which are usually hidden. Does not make sense that everyone can see them. If its a balance thing just have the traps stealth so they can be found by using perception skills.

Edited by Darkstar412
added idea

I feel like beeswax should be placed in the survival proficiency side instead of the gathering proficiency side, because you need survival proficiency to go to logging not gathering. Gathering leads to ore stone and graves not wood .

Posted (edited)

Please automatically unmount character when you use combat skills while mounted.

Please add a loot all option when looting mobs in god's reach 

2HXUH23.png

Edited by ComradeAma

Playing stealther class feels miserable now.

Your abilities are built around exploiting Expose status and every single Ultimate removes Expose now. Some classes (e.g. Ranger/Champion/Knight etc.) can easily pull out 3 Ultimates during the fight, using the first one right after you open on them. It is extremely hard to reapply Expose during the fight (you have to use your own Ult, wait for Recon cooldown, don't have DoT on you, don't step into AoEs and Flares, and somehow retarget opponent with clunky Recon targeting while they are actively looking to you), just to see your Expose being cleansed by the second opponent Ultimate. You have to try hard, while opponent has to press Ultimate two times to win.

Long loading screens, bad lag = very bad experience. Every update has made the matter worse, the first build on that Thursday was excellent i was really impressed but its gone downhill since!

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 9:39 AM, DocHollidaze said:

If we're going to be made to make more meaningful choices in talent tree point spending, don't force us to spend 3/5 points on useless talent nodes.

I describe useless as:

• Health Regen less than 100 per point.
  • Max Hit points in the range of 100 per point.

I strongly agree with this. As a skinner, I have to 4 pip apples, more apples, grubs, consumption, bandaging & metabolism before I can get to the Reaping tree and get to a node that'll actually give me Skinning skill. Along the way, I do get to train 3 nodes that'll help me get blood & bone, but none that help me get hide. At this pace, I have weeks of training to get through before I get to a skill that'll actually help me harvest hide, and it'll be months before I can improve Critical Amount.

IMO, two things need to change:

1. Trees should allow us to move past a node with only one pip trained. There will certainly be exceptions to this (e.g. Mastery nodes), but they should be the exception and not the rule.
  2. Within a node, the base pip should be fairly low investment. Each pip after that should be progressively much more expensive than the preceding pip: double or even quintuple the cost of the preceding pip.

Doing this will allow undecided players to dabble in many skills and trades, while focused players can quickly target skills and trades that they know they want; but mastering a skill with a progressive cost growth structure will insure that there are hard choices for a long time to come. It's all about those choices, right? 

Edited by VaMei

As a harvest and crafter, the drop rate on raw milk from aurochs is way too low. I have killed well over 50 aurochs on all levels of GR and i have only ever looted 2 of them. Plus, the vendor charges 100g for ONE, so it costs 1000g to make Fresh Butter, one of the ingredients in Sumptuous Pot Pie. The drop rate either needs to be increased, or the price needs to be dropped. 

New tester/player on test server. After starting to play and a getting to lvl 7 I have a few things to bring up already, some are huge issues as a player, some are QoL things

1. Looting is horrible in this game, There is no reason to force me to open a loot window, select everything individually and have 1/2 my screen open with an oversized window of my inventory. I would suggest either an auto loot all option, or better make it like gather nodes where it can be ran over to be picked up.

2. UI sizing? How does a game in 2020 not have an option in settings to make every UI size smaller. Everything except the info box on the top left and the text box is 100-200% over sized.

3. I know optimization is not a big thing in alpha test, but I have a top 3% power machine and on the starting island am seeing 14fps at max everything, NO GAME I play is under 60-90fps, your graphics are not that great yet I see this bad of a drop.

4. Gathering tools seem to reduce and break to fast, lower levels ones

5. Opening several shops had the screens so far left that I couldn't see the first column

6. Camera distance seems way to tight, even scrolled all the way out, would like to be 2x the distance we see now

7. Not sure why I get all these upgrade stones at my level , but when I go to the I tab where the minor ones can be placed they are all locked with no info on when/how to unlock them. Either I am missing something with how to unlock the ability slots or there is no reason to have them drop this low level.

8. Someone said on a youtube video this is the client expected to go to Beta, if so as a new tester I would say it is no where close.

9. Is there any intention on support for controllers?

10. I know this is guild/realm/pvp battle, but from the begining none of this explained or given any detail to. Also nothing is explained on why I am leveling to get to that point or what a player should be doing.

11.The out side of game training is hard to figureout, If I hadn't seen a video about it I would never have even known it was something to work on.

I'll keep adding more observations but these were first things I noticed.

29 minutes ago, Mcoppel said:

New tester/player on test server. After starting to play and a getting to lvl 7 I have a few things to bring up already, some are huge issues as a player, some are QoL things

1. Looting is horrible in this game, There is no reason to force me to open a loot window, select everything individually and have 1/2 my screen open with an oversized window of my inventory. I would suggest either an auto loot all option, or better make it like gather nodes where it can be ran over to be picked up.

2. UI sizing? How does a game in 2020 not have an option in settings to make every UI size smaller. Everything except the info box on the top left and the text box is 100-200% over sized.

3. I know optimization is not a big thing in alpha test, but I have a top 3% power machine and on the starting island am seeing 14fps at max everything, NO GAME I play is under 60-90fps, your graphics are not that great yet I see this bad of a drop.

I'm about to make some notes about the game, but I need to second that because it's spot on! I also play a lot of other games that would demand way more from my machine and get a a terrible rate on Crowfall. I'm not sure if it's only because of the engine, but the requirements are way too high for what we see in game. I honestly can't understand.

cB9UT9m.jpg