Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Staff said:

you are currently paying to reserve the name of your guild for launch so no there is not a way to get a free guild 

Completely different things. Paying to reserve a name is not the same as paying to create a guild. At least it shouldn't. You're selling the possibility to create a guild disguised as the reserve name thing. So we buy the game but we don't get the right to create a guild? I just want to create one now to test the feature. Don't mind reserving the name. So it's impossible unless I pay more? Just bought my pack and that's extremely disappointing.

Edited by Haggstrom

cB9UT9m.jpg

7 minutes ago, Haggstrom said:

Completely different things. Paying to reserve a name is not the same as paying to create a guild. At least it shouldn't. You're selling the possibility to create a guild disguised as the reserve name thing. So we buy the game but we don't get the right to create a guild? I just want to create one now to test the feature. Don't mind reserving the name. So it's impossible unless I pay more? Just bought my pack and that's extremely disappointing.

no theyre pretty similar, suck it up and buy a guild name if you want to see how it works, dont like it dont play a game in alpha testing

hoayaga2.jpg

Posted (edited)

just a guess, but as guilds will be a very core system soon™ they might not wanna have everyone running a guild. and that would probably happen if it would be for free. so if you want to do it, you will have to pay for it. sounds like the only option to limit guildnumbers for me.

Edited by Surelia

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GenDrameron said:

Is there no way to create a clan for free?
Or is it only now that he pays during the test and will it be possible to buy Crown for gold later in the game?

Welcome to the forums.

As Staff mentioned, you can currently buy a bundle that enables you to reserve a guild name (which is also currently required to create a guild).

We have not been told yet (and they may not have decided yet) wether creating a guild in the final game after launch will require us to pay for it with real-world money or with ingame resources or if it will be free of cost. 

The latest i heard about it was from the executive producer maybe three years ago and it suggested there might be some sort of cost involved for guild creation in the final game. But that was long ago. And plans and ideas can change.

So, the basic answer for your second question is: we (the players) simply don't know.

47 minutes ago, Haggstrom said:

[...] Paying to reserve a name is not the same as paying to create a guild. [...] I just want to create one now to test the feature. Don't mind reserving the name. [...]

Welcome to the forums, too.

In theory you are right, of course. But if you create a guild, you also block the guild name you chose and then someone who would like to reserve this name would'nt be able to do so anymore.

Of course this could be circumvented. For example by random guild names, like "uhd97t97goug", being automatically applied by the system, if someone creates a guild who can't reserve a guild name. But this would need some additional effort and resources from the team - for something that will be of no use for the later game. In my experience they usually try to avoid something like that, unless it is really necessary. And this, and for now, it isn't.

Does that mean they may not come up with a solution at a later time? No, it's possible. I don't think it is likely, though, but that's just my opinon.

Besides, there are no real guild functions yet, neither in 5.100 nor in 5.110 (yet). Functionality so far is:

- You can create a guild, manage the members (recruit/kick/promote), and create a message-of-the-day on the web-interface (not ingame).
- During creation you have to choose your heraldry and a patron god (see this old overview thread, to get an idea).
- There is an additional "guild" folder in the chat window, which only guild members have access to.
- Ingame a miniature of the guild emblem is shown next to the faction emblem of their members. Looks like this:

bJCwsQ0.jpg

That's all for now. It might become more interesting, once the guild vs. guild campaigns start. At least I would hope so. Let's see what they will come up with.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

Posted (edited)

Now that the dregs campaigns are in the game, do you still have to pay for guild creation? I'm a leader in a MMO community looking into possibly playing this game, and if the opportunity to participate is locked behind an additional paywall, that's extremely disappointing for us and will probably result in our community not playing until free guild creation is implemented.

Edited by Biglulu

10 minutes ago, Biglulu said:

Now that the dregs campaigns are in the game, do you still have to pay for guild creation? I'm a leader in a MMO community looking into possibly playing this game, and if the opportunity to participate is locked behind an additional paywall, that's extremely disappointing for us and will probably result in our community not playing until free guild creation is implemented.

Was looking into this recently, i beleive you only have to pay for the "Reserve your Guild Name" portion to allow you to create a guild and that was around £5, I beleive this is just until (maybe Beta, maybe Launch) and i assume its there to stop any kind of abuse by either holding guild names indefintly or hostage :)

3 hours ago, Marklarr said:

Was looking into this recently, i beleive you only have to pay for the "Reserve your Guild Name" portion to allow you to create a guild and that was around £5, I beleive this is just until (maybe Beta, maybe Launch) and i assume its there to stop any kind of abuse by either holding guild names indefintly or hostage :)

Yeah, but can you create a guild in game to participate in dregs without paying the $5?

5 minutes ago, Biglulu said:

Yeah, but can you create a guild in game to participate in dregs without paying the $5?

nope, but you can participate in dregs without a guild as you join one of the 3 large non guild based factions, our bretheren from 4g land do it this way, you might not be able to compete witht he more organised "guilds" but you can certainly get a feel for how dregs plays out.

1 hour ago, Marklarr said:

nope, but you can participate in dregs without a guild as you join one of the 3 large non guild based factions, our bretheren from 4g land do it this way, you might not be able to compete witht he more organised "guilds" but you can certainly get a feel for how dregs plays out.

I dont agree that you wont be able to compete.

If you have a community that will join the same faction and joins voice regularly there is no benefit in having a guild at the moment. The only "downside" is that other players that randomly joined your faction might benefit without contribution. On the other hand some might just join you if you are organized and get things going. Most guilds in EU had around 10-15 players online, NA has a higher population and the next siege will be "global". So if you manage to bring at least 15 players together you have every chance to not be outnumbered.

Btw: a new patch has recently hit the test servers and once those go live there will be an item wipe resulting in the best time to start the game being pretty soon. (Get a feel for it on test and you could already start passive skills)

7 minutes ago, Rooq said:

dont agree that you wont be able to compete.

If you have a community that will join the same faction and joins voice regularly there is no benefit in having a guild at the moment. The only "downside" is that other players that randomly joined your faction might benefit without contribution. On the other hand some might just join you if you are organized and get things going. Most guilds in EU had around 10-15 players online, NA has a higher population and the next siege will be "global". So if you manage to bring at least 15 players together you have every chance to not be outnumbered.

apologies i should have been more specific, it was more to do with the per person Divine Favor cards that as a faction base would be much harder to acheive because of the random players that would join the faction and possibly not contribute to them.

Of course the more traditional conquest style objectives can easily be competative at :)

14 hours ago, Biglulu said:

There is no system to create a guild in-game yet -  only way is for one player buy the "Reserve Guild Name" for $5 and create the guild on the website.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2020 at 9:56 AM, Biglulu said:

I understand the reasoning of those who just would like to create a guild during test - be it to test guild stuff (even if only something like guild creation) or to give some power to the sense of solidarity within their tester group. This need is valid and not to be underestimated.

This beeing said, there basically and currently is no other guild functionality than what i described above before. Since (and as long as) there is no other guild functionality, it doesn't make sense for them to allow everybody to create a guild. Especially since teams can work together and even can participate in the dregs (for their faction) anyways.

And especially since every possible free guild creation wouls block the according guild name to be created by another guild that is willing to reserve this guild name.

tl;dr: The points are valid, but those issues are not "test breaking". Those who want to reserve their guild names can do now. Those who want to create a guild for free can do so later. Groups without a guild can still participate in the dregs under their factions flag. There are no worthwile guild functionalities yet anyways. Yes, it would be better for everybody to be able to create a guild ... but right now the bite is not worth the pie.

And, uh, on a personal note ... i am not sure wether those who feel their interest being diminished by such a small thing may be able to produce to necessary energy to have fun in a competetive game like crowfall. Crowfall is a lot about who is able to overcome the most hurdles. In my opinion. No offense meant.  Just saying that we all need to find the games that fit our needs best.

I hope they will change this soon, stop the reserve guild-name program and allow everybody to create guilds. But alas ... who knows if that will ever become true before launch. I kind of doubt it.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

3 hours ago, Kraahk said:

I hope they will change this soon, stop the reserve guild-name program and allow everybody to create guilds. But alas ... who knows if that will ever become true before launch. I kind of doubt it.

Reserved names from prelaunch mmo's hasn't worked in my favor in quite a few games. For one reason or another it gets nixed or changed, so I put little stock in that type of prerelease promise. However, I do think they will change it at a later date to avoid P2W appearances as they have with VIP and some early pledge rewards. As you said, there isn't much guild functionality in the game yet so I think its more a matter of priorities and manpower. If ACE puts in guild functions and yet guilds are still cash shop only, I think it would be time to reassess this issue. Personally, I care not for 5$ cost, but I can see how some folks might be upset. Perhaps if the game didn't revolve around guilds quite so much this would not be an issue.