Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.110 TEST Feedback for 4/6/20

5.110 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Warden Ranger Talents - Tree Sparring talent has been changed from 1% Mitiagation to 150hp per Talent Point. Unsure how the numbers math out, but with the opposing talent being 1% Crit Chance per talent point I doubt many will go for the additional HP. Also a later talent "Weathered Defense" has also been changed from 1% Mitiagation to 100hp per talent point. Unsure why a deeper talent would give less HP per point than a earlier choice.

Talent Points - I know this is not the popular stance, but I still seem to have to many and feel I can get everything I want including both Major Disciplines and I actually had 3 points left over to add additional Power after all was said and done. I would honestly like to see 5-10 less talent points at the current scale so I'm forced into real choices, which will make my gear selection later dependent on the stats I gave up in my talent build.

Talent Point Spending - Required talents should only cost 1 point to move forward, even if you reduce the overall talent points to match design change. It really feels bad and pointless to put 3 points into a talent you may or may not want just to go further into the tree. 

Merchant Idea 1 - I would like to see a Merchant Passive Talent Tree added. In the current game you can purchase a pre-made NPC stall for 15K Gold, but it will be at least a month if not more (have not done the math) to train into Grave Digging and Necromancy to be able to create the Human Vessel to create a Merchant NPC to run a Stall created by a Stonemason.  Instead adding the passive training into an additional Wheel in basic Crafting or Exploration would solve that problem and get commerce moving earlier. You could also add Caravan talents to the Merchant passive tree to add another dimension of game-play and choice.

Merchant Idea 2 - Have the Vendors be preexisting with a buy option when you first click on them or keep the current NPC premade Vendors available and leave the Player made ones just for flare and decoration. So people can have a Armor-Stall with a Minotaur NPC vs a Jewelry Stall with a High-Elf NPC.  

Artifact Lore and Bind's - There are way to many non-stacking Lore's and Binds, this has caused a nightmare for inventory management.

Inventory and Bank Space - I can only imagine what larger guilds are going through as I'm a solo player and not an active Gatherer or Crafter and I'm running out of space even with a full vendor stall. More items need to stack and/or stacks need to be larger.

Passive and Active Training -  Albion Online has a pretty good system when it comes to there active and passive training where VIP gives you 20 (LP) a day passively that you can use to speed up training and none-VIP can earn LP by actively completing daily quest which keeps people logging in and a solid player base at all times . By actively doing, using, crafting, etc. you gain XP towards what you are doing and at 20% into the level you can spend your LP to complete it or just continue to grind it to max. This allows players that are taking a hiatus to catch up, new players to invest time to catch up, and gives the average player something to work towards daily when he logs in. If ACE has not already looked into a similar idea I highly recommend taking a peak as it's a pretty solid overall system and would fit this game model.

Red Items -  Instead of making the entire item Red please use an X or something else as you are unable to tell at a glance the quality of the item without mousing over it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

Could we not download 9GB everytime a hotfix is pushed to the client?

Are you sure it is really everytime a 9gb download? I tried it a few patches ago and patching the existing Version took me way less time than the new download I tried directly afterwards. But that seems to be an ongoing discussion... can we get a clear answer @LordofCake ?

Edited by Surelia

10 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

Could we not download 9GB everytime a hotfix is pushed to the client?

5 hours ago, Surelia said:

Are you sure it is really everytime a 9gb download? I tried it a few patches ago and patching the existing Version took me way less time than the new download I tried directly afterwards. But that seems to be an ongoing discussion... can we get a clear answer @LordofCake ?

Just looked at my data use and looked like update was ~1GB.

Bank.

There are a few modifications I would like to see with the bank:

1. Purchased items should have their own, unlimited container.
2. There should be a document folder or similar for Artifacts, they take up way too much space.
3. There should be a pouch for Disciplines, they take up way too much space.
4. A container for crafting resources for food would be great.
5. Gold and Ethereal Dust should probably have it's own bag. What about a bag all the vessels have access to on their character, all the time (unlootable)?

There are probably other things I haven't thought about. The thing is that contrary to other games,  all your "characters" share the same bank, as it is your crow that is the one and only real character in the game. I know it sounds much with 200 slots, but looking at my own bank 52 slots are taken up by minor Disciplines, 21 by artifacts (they don't stack very well, and the max, if stacked correctly would probably be around 5x3 (items) + 5x3 (binds)) , 22 by purchases (I should probably not have imported them yet), and 16 by food reagents and such. That's well over half the space of my bank account. Ordinary harvested items will take up 4 (types, haven't even included necromancy as I have no idea) x (5 ranks) + 5 different types of meat = 30 slots + necromancy (not sure how many can be in each stack, haven't reached 200 on any of them, yet). And then you have all the other stuff, like armor, weapons, and miscellaneous. All in all, the number of slots are way too low for up to 10(?) "characters".

Two quality of life requests:

• Can the vendor sell interface take multiple items similar to the sacrifice interface?  There are confirmation clicks required for each item sold currently.  The sacrifice interface is more friendly.
  • Unusable items are shaded red, requiring mouse-over to tell quality of loot (green, blue, etc).  When farming mobs and your inventory is full, it would be useful to be able to instantly tell if a drop is of higher quality.  Can the red shader not extend to the edge of the item image, leaving a colored ring to denote quality?

rSHxVEY.gif

It seems like performance is at best staying the same, or even getting worse. I'm getting a stable 60 fps on the live version, but on test I range between 10 and 45. The 45 is if I look straight into the ground and don't move. I can send a dxdiag and any other details over PM or email if needed.

Ranger (Brigand) trap trigger radius seems to only be 1m. Can the trap trigger radius get boosted to the melee range of 4m, or at least closer? Dropping a trap while engaged with someone in melee, and yet not having it go off is... awkward.

Stacking Artifacts really needs addressed, the impact to inventory space is ridiculous. This image is the Artifacts collected while just doing circles around Parkforton Keep while slag harvesting for cutting grit and killing the mobs that get in the way.  XpxuV7Q.png

Additional, the amount of time in training just to be able to have a chance for cutting grit seems a bit excessive. There should be a small chance, even without the skill for it to drop and the skill would then increase the rate. 

Hitting J or interacting with a Crafting bench needs to stop automatically expanding the basic Crafting section, basic Harvesting Tools. Additionally, the Upgrade Items, Basic Ritual, Basic Weapons should be removed for the J option and all crafting tables but a Basic crafting table. At a crafting table of a specialty, say Stonemasons Table, we should only see the Recipe list for that table. It would be a major QOL improvement to not have to constantly close the Basic Crafting Section to start crafting what I went to the table to craft and the rest of the sections are just clutter. This would also give a reason for the basic crafting table. 

Crafting Platforms need their snap points adjusted to allow them to be chained. This way we can build decks that extend further that one from the house allowing for multiple crafting stations, building a stage or collection of vendors. Additionally it would be nice to have more snap points on most structures. Currently implementation of the EK building is extremely limited and doesn't allow for creativity. Placing a crafting station inside a building, the camera needs to be looked at as it default to throwing your view into the sky outside of the building, preventing from seeing where the socket is located. Add additional functionality to allow a socketed item to be turned without un-socketing it would also allow for better control and creativity.

GgCyaBH.jpg

Looking around Parkforton Keep, there are lots of interesting decor, non of which we seem to be able to craft and add to our EK's. This is probably a feature that is coming in the future, but I am concerned if it is also a socket based system. Housing (EK's) need to be epic, both in what they do for you but also in how diverse we can populate and decorate them. My currently feeling is that is not the direction they will have as the placement, attachment and options are very limiting in the current state.

Plan for tomorrow, Strive for today, Can't let anxiety get in our way, so play play play!

zjsbjmn.png  The MMO Chief

Posted (edited)

After falling to my death (wanted to see what happened at the edge of world *grin*), flying back to the Hero Statue, and coming back to life my compass at the top center was shifted down about 10% of the screen.

Edited by Tahlvin

Just some feedback ive been thinking about thats starting to annoy me.

1. Chaos embers needed for large rolls on white armour? i hope this is a bug and not intended if not a very silly change and should of stayed the same as before.

2. Wartribe drops should be restricted to white only. This simple change would help crafters out in early game and not wait months upon months to be competitive with tribe gear.

3. Passive training. hot topic this but its too slow and this alone will put new players off and makes players feeling helpless.  The first tier (basic) should go fast like really fast, 24h-48h to max it out then each tier after that should get slower and slower (last tier being the slowest). Now i know it worked in EVE but when EVE came about mmo's were still relatively new but now ppl just want to jump into games and get into it fast, they want to avoid grind fest games and its started to feel a bit grindy now.

4. The temple system, i think its terrible, the newbie zone shouldnt be the main zone that everyone goes to, everytime a player ports back they goto the starter temple, having a packed starter temple just effects the games performance even more than it should do meaning new players will log into a lag fest, first impressions count for a lot and this could be easily avoided. It should be level dependent which temple you port back to.

5. The caravans should of been more like Archage where you have a backpack and are slow and unable to go into combat unless you drop the package. It just feels too clunky for what it is and could be alot more simpler and probably less frustrating. I done a few runs and each time the pigs got stuck and started to walk back so i had to keep talking to them and using the whistle. Sometimes to copy some things what other games have done is the best choice, this for me is one of those things that should of been copied. Also those waggons that Archage had could of been crafted in keeps using resources but couldnt be packed up in an INV which gets attached to your mount so you have to make a journey from your keep to the packages and back again for a one time use.

34 minutes ago, Fefner said:

Just some feedback ive been thinking about thats starting to annoy me.

1. Chaos embers needed for large rolls on white armour? i hope this is a bug and not intended if not a very silly change and should of stayed the same as before.

Yea, adding chaos ember costs to white green and blue large rerolls just compounds the issues crafters have early on competing with wartribe gears. Lots of changes this patch that seem to effect crafters in a negative way

When you loot the stats tab opens up. In my opinion this shouldn't be happening, because it's just something else to have to close while gathering. It's a bit annoying, but so far this was my only observation of something that I right away didn't like. If you want to enter your stats tab you can always hit "I". I like how you don't have to change to harvesting mode now to gather, it's much better than the previous version, kudos on that. The game runs smooth even at 25-30 fps that I'm seeing on my machine. I'll eventually upgrade, but it's going to be a while before I do, but the game runs really smooth and I'm grateful that it works at all. I'm playing on an old Phenom 2 x4 965 and this game is running pretty well. No complaints from me. Thanks for the update. I'll be playing it at greater lengths and will let you know if I notice anything else that pops out at me.

Posted (edited)

Basics Crafting Mastery node requires 90% of the Skill Tree purchased. This confuses me when thus far the intent has been to push people to specialize. In the image you can see I am now 50% trained and if my math is correct, the only way I can purchase the Mastery node is if I purchase 17 of the 18 nodes or in other words, 81 of the 90 PIPs. The equates to having to purchase in full 6 Crafting Specialty Nodes and at least 1 PIP in another, leaving only 1 skill untouched. Of course you could not fully spec into more than one and get them all but then you don't unlock the tree connected. 

This needs to be re-evaluated and aligned with the intent. I believe the correct percentage for the Mastery node should be 60%, all generic crafting bonus nodes purchased and 1 crafting specialization complete. Mid to Late game people may choose to training in more than one craft, in fact a die hard crafter will, but only after they have completed the associated specialization tree of the initial choice. Having to putting off picking up the Basic Crafting Mastery node until that time or being forced to take the time to train and select all the Crafts up from just doesn't make any sense. 

s6b5rEB.png

gFSCum9.png 

Edited by sarcandosa

Plan for tomorrow, Strive for today, Can't let anxiety get in our way, so play play play!

zjsbjmn.png  The MMO Chief

UI feels like mobile game, as if its being developed on 15 inch laptop screen. However when viewed on 27 inch monitor I cant shake off mobile game feeling...

Animations are super basic, transitions between animation states apretty bad as well.

Seems like quality control is just lacking here, even for the alpha.

placing forstweaver ice is really wonky in pvp. the green heal thing FWs do is obscene, its going to completely kill everyones fps in big battles. also please make it so enemy ice appears a different color.