Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Happy Hamster Harvesting Helper Handout

Hello

I would like to introduce the first Happy Hamster guide focused on harvesting. This guide can be found here and is a living guide that will expand and grow as we confirm more details of the current and future patches. This guide is also integrated into the Caldera Wiki(that is also growing and being updated) so if you want to know more about certain things then hopefully there is more information available.

I would like to thank both members of Caldera and our alliance brothers in KDS for their contributions.

Any and all feedback is always welcome and I hope you find it useful.

Kindest Regards

Marklarr,

Quartermaster of Caldera 

thanks @Arkade because motherloding can be quite complex it will be split into it's own guide which will allow a deeper dive into the subject with mechanics and some suggested builds when in different scenarios (brute force vs delicate collaboration)

I have not gone deeper into exploration disciplines because most of them have not been available yet and I will pursue them more when harvest pips have also been unlocked to find out how the skills interact with the lack of a harvest bar now as that can potentially change builds if skills have to be sacrificed to make space for exploration discipline skills.

Thank you for your kind compliments and I enjoyed your guide very much, long may we share with the community 💗

On 4/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, Marklarr said:

Hello

I would like to introduce the first Happy Hamster guide focused on harvesting. This guide can be found here and is a living guide that will expand and grow as we confirm more details of the current and future patches. This guide is also integrated into the Caldera Wiki(that is also growing and being updated) so if you want to know more about certain things then hopefully there is more information available.

I would like to thank both members of Caldera and our alliance brothers in KDS for their contributions.

Any and all feedback is always welcome and I hope you find it useful.

Kindest Regards

Marklarr,

Quartermaster of Caldera 

This is great. One thing could you go into more detail between harvest and harvest damage ? 

You may also want to point out that critical harvest Happens on break 

Edited by yianni

I'd suggest adding the attribute scaling factors for each harvesting statistic.

One can then understand how important, or not, it can be to increase an attribute for a particular harvesting statistic benefit, or to understand how good the racial bonus on harvesting is.

For instance, Harvesting and Harvest Damage: The scaling factor is 0.025. The racial +15 bonus is as if adding +600 attribute.

add nodehitpointvalue of 1000
bonus items can only drop @ 75, 50 & 25% of a node, so 3 times possibility for bonus items and basic loottable of a node and 1 chance for crit/beneficial with the juicy loottable

Hi all, thank you for the amazing feedback so far, it seems the general consensus is to expand the harvesting damage section which is understandable. I was given the maths behind it by a trusted donor that wishes to stay anonymous and will try and extrapolate this into something more understandable and i will add in the stat to harvesting conversion which should hopefully be the same for each harvesting.
Generally with stat distribution we don't take into account the harvesting stat increase as we are either looking for INT to reach a Critical amount whole number or  stack DEX for as much critical chance as possible (because Crits are where the money is and they are so pretty!)

Thank you all once again and keep the suggestions coming, if you notice any errors within the wiki too then please let me know as i can correct and expand that too.

Cheers

Marklarr

• 3 months later...

Update - the happy hamster guide in the origional location which is already quite out of date will not be being updated.

A new version may eventually arise from a different location in the future with ammendments from all the wonderful feedback in this thread.

With so many changes to so many parts of the Crowfall that have been and that are going to be that keeping guides up to date right now is near folly.

So i hope you look forward to the next version of the happy hamster guide and i will make a new thread with its new home in the future. I would expect this to be nearer middle of beta when hopefully the statistics and builds are stable.

Kindest regards

Marklarr