Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We've waited this long, I'm okay with waiting longer


Recommended Posts

I'm okay with waiting another year or whatever it takes to finish this game 100%. There is still too much wrong with it, all the current bugs, combat system needs work, the passive system, the classes need a rework, and the disciplines need a rework , caravans are horrible, the harvesting and crafting system needs some work, and who knows what's going on with dregs and all the bugs involved with that 

 

I'm adding city building to this list

Edited by yianni
Link to post
Share on other sites

They are patching quite often with a large amount of fixes per patch, I like what I'm seeing.  That list of individual bugs has to be in the hundreds so, yeah, it will take a while - just keep at it till its all smoothed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 7:00 AM, yianni said:

I'm okay with waiting another year or whatever it takes to finish this game 100%. There is still too much wrong with it, all the current bugs, combat system needs work, the passive system, the classes need a rework, and the disciplines need a rework , caravans are horrible, the harvesting and crafting system needs some work, and who knows what's going on with dregs and all the bugs involved with that 

Was it Yianni who yelled that he wants the new patch on Test Server as soon as possible and that he will not be bothered by all those horrible bugs which still exist? Was it he who said that he has nothing to do while he is on quarantine and who said that it'll be the right time to let players find all those bugs and to help devs? Or was he not saying this things?

It's sad to see that the guy with almost 500 posts on the forum has given up so early. Why do you even play on Test server then? At least, wait until it gets to Live then... But no, you cry that you want the game on the Test server, then you see all those bugs you were told about, and now you start whining that there are too many bugs and imperfections. Yes, there are. But Test server is made for both: for players to taste and to try the game, and for devs to find and fix those bugs.

If you wanna see the game close to the final stage, nice and shiny, come back in 1 year and do not spoil the atmosphere to other players by expressing your grief and frustration because of your unreasonably high expectations.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ble said:

They are patching quite often with a large amount of fixes per patch, I like what I'm seeing.  That list of individual bugs has to be in the hundreds so, yeah, it will take a while - just keep at it till its all smoothed out.

I agree on that. They took into account almost all my bug reports and did something about it. I no longer have FPS drops any more when exiting the temple for example (there are many other cases when it happens, of course). Thus, the time frame when the game will be ready also depends on us. We can see that devs are working hard and roll out those updates and fixes every 2-4 days.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 2:33 AM, SAM_BUKA said:

Was it Yianni who yelled that he wants the new patch on Test Server as soon as possible and that he will not be bothered by all those horrible bugs which still exist? Was it he who said that he has nothing to do while he is on quarantine and who said that it'll be the right time to let players find all those bugs and to help devs? Or was he not saying this things?

It's sad to see that the guy with almost 500 posts on the forum has given up so early. Why do you even play on Test server then? At least, wait until it gets to Live then... But no, you cry that you want the game on the Test server, then you see all those bugs you were told about, and now you start whining that there are too many bugs and imperfections. Yes, there are. But Test server is made for both: for players to taste and to try the game, and for devs to find and fix those bugs.

If you wanna see the game close to the final stage, nice and shiny, come back in 1 year and do not spoil the atmosphere to other players by expressing your grief and frustration because of your unreasonably high expectations.

Except I'm not talking about bugs here. The game is due to launch this year. It needs more work, I want it to succeed so I'm posting my feedback and concerns

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, yianni said:

Except I'm not talking about bugs here. The game is due to launch this year. It needs more work, I want it to succeed so I'm posting my feedback and concerns

Then probably you are right. You should wait for another year till the game is finished. See you then.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be more of an issue of how much gas (cash) is in the tank. They might not have the finances to hold off for another year, in which case they'll launch with what they have and push what they can till after soft launch.

I will say if they go into beta even once they fix the bugs and polish a bit with what they have that it will be catastrophic. I'm not sure what I really expected from the dregs, but I'm kinda underwhelmed a bit. Maybe it will be a different story with bigger zones, more objectives to fight over and a larger population. We'll see.

Edited by Helix
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the closer Crowfall gets to a new stage of testing beta, alpha etc. a big update is always released, the scope for this game has drastically changed since it was kick started a few years ago. So you'll probably be waiting longer than a Year to full release.

Just to clarify I don't have a problem with that, it takes however long it takes. Just thought I'd voice what I had to say given a year seemed unrealistic to me for a full release. I don't play the game much either but I try to stay updated so don't take my word as gospel.

Edited by werzal
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this:  as a person who took a pretty long break, I am now finding the Test version of the game, such as it is and to the extent of which I've play tested it, engaging and fun.   I am definitely getting some of those old Shadowbane vibes, which is a good thing. I think probably a lot/most backers can appreciate what ACE has done and is doing, but those expecting/who expected a AAA polished game were doomed to be disappointed from the very beginning.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Durin said:

I think probably a lot/most backers can appreciate what ACE has done and is doing, but those expecting/who expected a AAA polished game were doomed to be disappointed from the very beginning.  

I don't see why?

I didn't expect a AAA game when it comes to content, but quality isn't only something a massive studio can pull off.

Quantity vs Quality.

If they are going with way less content, the smaller features should shine.

There are countless indie type games that outshine big studios in quality, content, support, etc.

Looking at some other MMOs in the works in similar situations, it isn't just about money/team size.

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...