Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A reminder about TEST and testing

Pann

As we get closer to bringing backers in for their first taste of The Dregs, we wanted to remind you that the primary objective right now is to test the performance and technical aspects of the current build.

We know that there are issues with balance that many of you care about: how many import tokens you'll have, which powers are buggy, which classes and disciplines are OP or "too weak".  You can help us further by limiting your feedback to the objective, with as much helpful detail as possible.  As they say, "just the facts, Ma'am. Just the facts." 

We want to hear your thoughts about balance so that we can address them, but we don't want to hold up the test until "your class is just right".  If you find yourself worried that you or your team will be at a disadvantage when playing, remind yourself that this first phase is a playTEST, not a PLAYtest.  

To be clear:   "Fairness" isn't our priority right now.  This phase is about testing and bug fixing - not winning.

As always, folks who are willing to brave the Test Server (bless you!) to help us put a new system through the wringer should be prepared for a bumpy ride.  There will be bugs.  There will be server resets to diagnose and fix problems.  There may be character and skill wipes.  There will be client updates, probably multiple times a day.  That's to be expected when you log into a Test server.

Thanks again for your incredible support! 

5 minutes ago, Pann said:

To be clear:   "Fairness" isn't our priority right now.  This phase is about testing and bug fixing - not winning.

What about classes that aren't balanced cause they are bugged? 
Could we have a list of abilities you know are broken and are fixing so we know what is intended and what isn't?

28 minutes ago, Pann said:

As we get closer to bringing backers in for their first taste of The Dregs, we wanted to remind you that the primary objective right now is to test the performance and technical aspects of the current build.

We know that there are issues with balance that many of you care about: how many import tokens you'll have, which powers are buggy, which classes and disciples are OP or "too weak".  You can help us further by limiting your feedback to the objective, with as much helpful detail as possible.  As they say, "just the facts, Ma'am. Just the facts." 

We want to hear your thoughts about balance so that we can address them, but we don't want to hold up the test until "your class is just right".  If you find yourself worried that you or your team will be at a disadvantage when playing, remind yourself that this first phase is a playTEST, not a PLAYtest.  

As always, folks who are willing to brave the Test Server (bless you!) to help us put a new system through the wringer should be prepared for a bumpy ride.  There will be bugs.  There will be server resets to diagnose and fix problems.  There may be character and skill wipes.  There will be client updates, probably multiple times a day.  That's to be expected when you log into a Test server.

Thanks again for your incredible support! 

Disciples? I could use some to follow me.

Just now, Pann said:

I have no idea what you're on about. 

;)

Seems like a manipulation of words on his own purpose.

😅

Edited by EnsaimadaBlanca

37 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

What about classes that aren't balanced cause they are bugged? 
Could we have a list of abilities you know are broken and are fixing so we know what is intended and what isn't?

Couldn't that also be considered a list of potential exploits?  

I just assume if something doesn't work, sometimes works, is very weak, or is plainly OP...  it is not working as intended  😉

The classes are playing decent. I think I have leveled about 40 toons to 30. 

Performance is workable but very rough at times depending on if near nodes or not. 

Running 2 clients is out on my older box. It is too much of a performance hog now.
Actually had 2 blue screens of death when I tried. (New computer ordered yesterday)

Bag space is a major issue. But that is not performance based 
No mail system.
No guild banks.
Limited functions on guilds at all. 
Ek's have stopped crashing. Thank you for that.
15 minute kick timer is now right at 60 minutes. (In EK's) Also thank you for that. 

Loot drops and crafting has been addressed. It is not perfect. but better. Balance is slightly better but with the loot already in the system crafted stuff is just unwanted. .01 of an increase is a rounding error. Nothing to be excited over. and no demand for wares makes the trades unhappy. 
Training times for passive training needs major revision. It is seriously unfun now. Combat and Gathering just feel like a treadmill.

We can't test the stuff we have not seen. Which per JTodd is 90% of the patch yet to come. 

2 minutes ago, Silkhe said:

I just assume if something doesn't work, sometimes works, is very weak, or is plainly OP...  it is not working as intended  😉

Heh, fair point. It certainly caused some problems when they told us about the Board-Grip exploit before fixing it.

IhhQKY6.gif

8 minutes ago, Silkhe said:

I agree that it can be considered a list of what to do but people will learn about the pvp exploits fast, its in the nature of pvp, if i see someone 1 shoting my pit fighter i can just check what was damaging me and try to replicate it.
But without a list like this what should i report? Is frostweaver placing 30 ices down an exploit or just class design? Is stormcaller having one the best aoe abilities and one of the best single target damage abilities in one skill class design or exploit?

23 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

I agree that it can be considered a list of what to do but people will learn about the pvp exploits fast, its in the nature of pvp, if i see someone 1 shoting my pit fighter i can just check what was damaging me and try to replicate it.
But without a list like this what should i report? Is frostweaver placing 30 ices down an exploit or just class design? Is stormcaller having one the best aoe abilities and one of the best single target damage abilities in one skill class design or exploit?

stormcallers aoe is ok, its not the best, cause purge is a thing

hoayaga2.jpg

Thanks for the post. I, for one, will continue TESTplay, will try to keep my feedback consise and based on facts. Moreover I encourage other players not pay attention to whining individuals like 'yianni' who (for no reason) expect the game to be anywhere close to the release state and, as a result of these expectations, is complaining that there are too many bugs in the game.

I believe that most players understand that playing the game in Alpha state on a TEST server kinda suppose to have a lot of imperfections at default. And that we, players, are here to help devs as a first priority, in exchange of being able to taste the game before it goes Live.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

I AM SO AMPED UP FOR THIS I CANT EVEN TELL YOU. EVERY TIME THERE IS AN UPDATE, THERE ISNT A SAFE PIECE OF DRYWALL IN THIS HOUSE.

🕷️🕸️

Edited by Dickens
Spider gang

15 hours ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Thanks for the post. I, for one, will continue TESTplay, will try to keep my feedback consise and based on facts. Moreover I encourage other players not pay attention to whining individuals like 'yianni' who (for no reason) expect the game to be anywhere close to the release state and, as a result of these expectations, is complaining that there are too many bugs in the game.

I believe that most players understand that playing the game in Alpha state on a TEST server kinda suppose to have a lot of imperfections at default. And that we, players, are here to help devs as a first priority, in exchange of being able to taste the game before it goes Live.

@Pann better give this guy a warning. I feel bullied. 

The game is suppose to release this year of course it should be close to release state. 

19 hours ago, EnsaimadaBlanca said:

Seems like a manipulation of words on his own purpose.

😅

Nah. There was a typo in the original post. Yianni pointed it out in a funny way and I fixed it. 😃

1 hour ago, Pann said:

Nah. There was a typo in the original post. Yianni pointed it out in a funny way and I fixed it. 😃

U.u that was that i thought first but i didnt see it so that was my second thinking :D

Potential exploit/Something not working as intended.

It is possible to stack bank boxes you can get from the buff in a keep/fort in order to jump over a fort or keeps walls and commence killing guards and destroying object inside. Seem like this is probably something that should get put on the blotter to get fixed.