Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tier 9 nodes.

So I'm still in the beginning of the first exploration box... I took my lvl 30 vessel from gods reach to dregs and oh boy... those tier 9 nodes are TOUGH.   tier 8 nodes I can chissel my way into with patience, but 9's are just @#$%.

Is the expectation that people import higher tier tools with them?  This is my first go at the dregs.  Thoughts?

Runemakers aren't making good enough tools yet to make it worth harvesting rank 9 and 10. Even if you could, your harvesting stats aren't good enough yet to take advantage of it. Stick with the lowest you can find, which seems to be 8 from what I've been able to find. I would hope there are some 6s and 7s out there too, but I haven't seen them.

We've brought this problem up to them before. But they decided to ignore it . There needs to be lower rank nodes in the world , or dynamically change them as people get more training . but either way the lower rank resources still need to stay for new players coming in 

The leap in difficulty between God's Reach and Dregs is a temporary situation due to the test environment. When we have the full game available to us, the Infected should bridge that gap.

The main problem right now is we don't have harvesting training and we don't have good tools. If I remember right training just gives +20 in harvesting stats. With good tools you can take high rank nodes even without training. Once +50 tools appear in vendors this shouldn't be a big problem. It's only a problem at launch, not for new players joining later.

22 hours ago, VaMei said:

The leap in difficulty between God's Reach and Dregs is a temporary situation due to the test environment. When we have the full game available to us, the Infected should bridge that gap.

We can't depend on the infected, the campaign needs to have higher and lower ranks . Going to infected to craft and harvest won't help especially if there are zero imports 

There should be nodes of many different ranks in the Dregs. It should not be exclusively high rank nodes.

For one, there will be people with low training in the Dregs. These people would be better off farming lower ranked nodes.

Also, having a variety of different ranks makes the high ranked nodes seem more "special" when you find where they are. It makes location matter. When all nodes are high rank then "high rank" starts to lose meaning. Scarcity is a good thing.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 hours ago, Jah said:

There should be nodes of many different ranks in the Dregs. It should not be exclusively high rank nodes.

For one, there will be people with low training in the Dregs. These people would be better off farming lower ranked nodes.

Also, having a variety of different ranks makes the high ranked nodes seem more "special" when you find where they are. It makes location matter. When all nodes are high rank then "high rank" starts to lose meaning. Scarcity is a good thing.

I agree, specially for the high rank areas control strategy game and the possibility of choice. Sometimes you're looking for green or blue mats you can get more easily in lower ranks nodes or if you want to craft a blue vessel in no way you can obtain the materials from a rank 9 grave.

1 hour ago, yianni said:

We would still need all ranks. Think about zero import campaigns 

No we don't. You can buy ore from the vendor and make advanced tools that are good enough to harvest rank 6 nodes. All you would need is dust, which you can get by picking mushrooms.

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

No we don't. You can buy ore from the vendor and make advanced tools that are good enough to harvest rank 6 nodes. All you would need is dust, which you can get by picking mushrooms.

true but not everyone will be trained enough to make advanced tools nor be able to hit higher rank nodes.

6 hours ago, yianni said:

We would still need all ranks. Think about zero import campaigns 

When we had campaign worlds with resources of all ranks, people complained about all the world space dedicated to useless low rank resources. Now that every node is worth harvesting, people complain about that too.

Myself, I don't understand the appeal of a zero import throne war. I want wars between powerful adversaries risking hard fought wealth in the hopes that the throne will be theirs, not Naked and Afraid - the Survival MMO; but that's me.

I guess the take away is that you can never please everyone, and if you try you won't please anyone.

Edited by VaMei

The good thing about Crowfall is they can make 0 imports campaigns, low imports campaigns, high imports campaigns, all ranks of resources campaigns, only high ranks of resources campaigns ...

Well either way you cut it.  I did not find those tools on vendors.. I did not find anything lower than 1 or 2 rank 8 nodes that I could barely harvest.  My gripe isn't that it's an end level content area.  It was that I had no warning as "new" player what I was wandering into on test.  All other maps I had seen since picking this game back up had a range of nodes in them.

If they simply put on the world description "PVP - Node range 8-9" I'd have had some clue my assassin blacksmith was heading into too deep of water for his harvesting.