Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gate Protection

silhaku

I actually think it a good idea should get 20-30 seconds of invis/invun this would allow people to get away from gate without being able to be followed.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 4/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, silhaku said:

Why not give people temporary stealth when they come though a Gate like in Eve? Otherwise New/solo players will get ganked the moment they enter a map.

EVE doesn't employ gate stealth to prevent camping. It uses gate stealth to cover people loading in from being target locked until they're ready to move off the gate. You're ready to move off the gate when you arrive in CF. You don't need to mentally parse a list of warp destinations or look over a list of targets to figure out who to lock up. You can come out of that gate and immediately be moving out of range or swinging on people. I don't think there's a need for gate stealth in CF for this reason. You're not paralyzed by a lack of information in CF the way you're paralyzed by a lack of information in EVE.

There's a lot to be said for the concept of gate control. This was a pretty key element of general pvp and siege planning in shadowbane, however shadowbane also ran on a seamless map that allowed players to take "the long way" around a camped gate by walking the route in stead.

I don't have a problem with gate camping, provided there's nothing else of value in the vicinity of the gate, and there are multiple gates in to each zone. As long as the zone in protection continues to do its job and make sure people aren't killed while loading in its fine. If you've got the manpower to lock down every gate in to a zone and you're willing to waste that manpower sitting on a gate in stead of doing something else, good for you.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 4/24/2020 at 5:35 PM, Khalanos said:

Yea that is a lame strategy and needs to be fixed.

Report them in the general strat if you guildies are offline.

People will come to loot them or they will go away to avoid it.