Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game is dead

D-Trox

The game is dead ? 

Seriusly i play like 1 and half before  and im like alright , the game dont have alot of ppl .

now i try it again  and they have only 7 ppl 

For a MMO, 7 ppl = dead game right 

or all the ppl playing on the test server ? 

Not going to say the game has a massive population but our guild and another guild had an 8v8 today after we ran into another guild with the same number of people roaming around the world. Neither of our guilds were guilds people consider to be big zerg guilds. So test currently has a population that is massive in comparison to live if 7 people were on live. Probably because live is about to be wiped and running the outdated version of the game.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

10 hours ago, D-Trox said:

The game is dead ? 

Seriusly i play like 1 and half before  and im like alright , the game dont have alot of ppl .

Did you notice this is an unreleased game? Which is in Alpha Test? Live server is a more stable version, way better to play, but not in the same version of Test server. Go to Test and you'll see more people. We're testers. We're supposed to test the game, not play it like it was ready for launch ;)

cB9UT9m.jpg

10 hours ago, D-Trox said:

The game is dead ? 

Get on TEST server if you want to play with people

However he has a point the activity need to increase both on live & test servers. And those who work in the market department need to start focus at it, @Tyrant.. I mention Riot & Valorant on Twitch with almost 500k views daily now since closed beta the recent weeks. It`s crucial for Crowfall that both active players and the company itself trying to get full servers croweded for stress test purposes and server hardware tests at least in closed beta stage. And a CF server busy with life is necessary for an old pvp minded players who enjoy pvp.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

20 hours ago, mythx said:

However he has a point the activity need to increase both on live & test servers. And those who work in the market department need to start focus at it, @Tyrant.. I mention Riot & Valorant on Twitch with almost 500k views daily now since closed beta the recent weeks. It`s crucial for Crowfall that both active players and the company itself trying to get full servers croweded for stress test purposes and server hardware tests at least in closed beta stage. And a CF server busy with life is necessary for an old pvp minded players who enjoy pvp.

They should not be marketing the game super hard right now to be honest. I don't think they are far from that point but as many things I'm loving about the game, there are nearly as many that I find insanely frustrating. I think MOST average consumers are your Lazy Peons who scratch the surface, see some problems, and quit without really understanding what is here that is keeping the regulars here.

Before they invest much money in promotion, they need this game in a state that the average person who tries it isn't going to quit within the day.

I want CF to be successful @Andius and I know players get bored if theree are too little player activity on the map - the servers need life before the closed beta stage. I know we are in a pre alpha and still time to look at marketing, but cant say it enough how important that is for the community in a pvp focus game. 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I do not agree with marketing.  Conceptually, marketing an alpha can be good (new world) but not the case for Crowfall, the new player experience is the worst in any game I've ever played - ever - and I can't think they'll keep it that way, but they have stated its not a priority - currently.   So NPE and many other things need to be brought to a stomachable point before they start a major marketing compaing.

Just keep trucking like this with babypop pre alpha/alpha, then get this thing polished for closed beta, spam emails to the 300k email acounts they have and launch beta.  While in closed beta, start wide-spread marketing for open beta and release.

I don't feel the community is too small for this stage, and I think last time we had a major drop-off in community numbers it was less a lack of marketing and more the game was in such a bad state nobody wanted to play it. For now they should just focus on keeping this game as engaging as possible for everyone here. I have like 6+ friends I can probably get to play once I feel the game is in a state that I actually want to ride my friends to come join it.

I haven't been, because I want them to iron out the bugs and take it to live first.

The community itself is a great marketing tool if we are here, having fun, and think the game is in a state worthy of pitching it to our friends.

Edited by Andius

• 3 weeks later...