Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC Caravan wagon daily

Hunt

More set timed events should be created to promote more battles and encourage people to want to participate. 

I thought a cool one would be a heavily guarded NPC controlled moving carvan wagon through each of the adventurer zones. It would start each time in a random location, move on a set path from one end of the zone to the other passing guard posts and camps. The resources from this carvan would need to be significantly higher than running individual pack pigs as an incentive to particpate.

This would encourage guilds to want to capture outposts in anticipation of the caravan path. During the event, all guards in outposts jump up a few ranks. All NPC guards guarding the wagon would need to be killed in order to take possession. Maybe set it up king of the hill style. Whoever controlled possession the longest in the end wins.

Edited by Hunt

20 minutes ago, Hunt said:

More set timed events...

Please no. This is one of the reasons I left ArcheAge Unchained to come play Crowfall instead.

At 5pm you have reset raid, depending on the day of the week you squeeze in a quick red dragon and then you go do Halcyona.  After you finish your 3 Halcyona battles you might do kraken or if they aren't up you do fall of Hiram. After fall of Hiram you go do DGS, and after DGS you might just get around to burning your daily labor on all 3 accounts you should be running.

Dalies build up to the point the game dictates what you do when you log in every day instead of you logging in and deciding with your guild what you WANT to do. If this game has more than 2 dalies at any point, I'm selling all of my accounts for whatever they are still worth. 1 siege a day is perfectly fine for dalies. Honestly 1 too many if a better system for sieges can be found IMO.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

42 minutes ago, Andius said:

Please no. This is one of the reasons I left ArcheAge Unchained to come play Crowfall instead.

At 5pm you have reset raid, depending on the day of the week you squeeze in a quick red dragon and then you go do Halcyona.  After you finish your 3 Halcyona battles you might do kraken or if they aren't up you do fall of Hiram. After fall of Hiram you go do DGS, and after DGS you might just get around to burning your daily labor on all 3 accounts you should be running.

Dalies build up to the point the game dictates what you do when you log in every day instead of you logging in and deciding with your guild what you WANT to do. If this game has more than 2 dalies at any point, I'm selling all of my accounts for whatever they are still worth. 1 siege a day is perfectly fine for dalies. Honestly 1 too many if a better system for sieges can be found IMO.

I don't think thats a fair comparison. Most of those event's you listed were to obtain items you could only get at those events (honor, dragon scales, gilda stars, etc..) This is just an event equivalent to doing X number of carvan runs. It would just drop resources (Not special gear).Its intended to promote PvP encounters. No one is forced or obligated to participate. 

That's not really true. For instance the daily reset raid was actually not even a real event it was a community event. Everything you do in that raid could be done 24/7. But the daily reset raids were the largest groups and therefore got it done the most efficiently. You could spend more time getting the same reward on your own time... or do it the efficient way at the time commonly accepted by the community.

If something is more efficient at a certain time (such as obtaining caravan resources) I will feel pressured to do it at that time.  If something is more efficient the first time you do it per day, I will feel pressured to do it once per day.That will have a direct negative impact on my enjoyment of the game.

All dailies are bad dailies IMO.  One is too much, though in the case of sieges it's kind of unavoidable unless we come up with a better system so I can accept it.

Edited by Andius

1 minute ago, Andius said:

That's not really true. For instance the daily reset raid was actually not even a real event it was a community event. Everything you do in that raid could be done 24/7. But the daily reset raids were the largest groups and therefore got it done the most efficiently. You could spend more time getting the same reward on your own time... or do it the efficient way at the time commonly accepted by the community.

If something is more efficient at a certain time (such as obtaining caravan resources) I will feel pressured to do it at that time. That will have a direct negative impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Groups farming or doing caravan runs off peak hours uncontested are more of a threat than what the reward would be from such an event like this. The whole point is to promote PvP at a set time and location. Some people may actually like the idea of being able to log on at a certain time and being able to find PvP quickly over roaming the map or scouting POI's.

If they dont win the event, its not really a game changer. But atleast they got their fill of PvP with an objective.

Dailies aren't the only way to achieve that. You could do something like a rotating "hot" outpost that has a significant capture bonus but takes 10 minutes to cap with any number of players. Have it's points go up during peak hours and down during off hours. Run it 24/7, when it gets capped a new outpost randomly goes hot somewhere else on the map. Boom. Just what you want without the game dictating the schedule of your life.

Edited by Andius

It wouldn't dictate your life. The event would only last X amount of time and not mandatory to attend to stay competitive. Make it equivalent to what a full group or 2 can farm in that same amount of time. The moving aspect of the wagon was to constantly change the battlefield and include outposts making them more beneficial to fight over.

If it is the most efficient way to achieve what I want, I will feel forced to do it because it gives me an advantage and this is a competitive game. Same as ArcheAge and those damn daily reset raids. I HATED them but I did them, because it was a competitive game and they gave me a competitive advantage by allowing me to get more done with less time. If it's minor enough I don't feel that way, then I doubt it will have sufficient draw to create the PvP you seek.

Edited by Andius

The reason I suggest the rotating hot outpost is because honestly if it takes 10 minutes to cap and it's hotly contested, it probably won't be efficient at all. I imagine it could take an hour or more per cap and result in a total bloodbath that makes regular capping more effective. And I doubt 90% of the people showing up would even care because they would be there for the bloodbath.

19 minutes ago, Andius said:

I'm not looking to make the game Archeage.  The main content of this game is PvP. Give players a time and place and I think alot would show up regardless of the resource award. For many, the PvP would be the reward.

Just now, Andius said:

So why your idea over mine then? Why make a daily event for PvP when you could have a constant shining beacon on the map basically saying "Come here if you want a fight!"

Why not both? I never said your idea was a bad one. More reasons for player's to engage the better. Roaming becomes tedious after awhile when you want to find a fight.

Because yours is a daily and I've stated my case against that. I'm not against the idea of some kind of event that draws people to it with the potential of a slightly greater reward. I say slightly because I have a feeling with both systems they're going to eventually end up in the same 1-3 guilds dominating them 90% of the time uncontested. I'm 100% against adding more daily/timed events than to the game than the one we already have though.

Edited by Andius

You cant compare a siege to an event such as this. There is alot more to lose or gain during a siege so yes you want to be there. I've already explained the reward is not game impacting. You don't want to show up.. fine. Run some pigs.

If roaming/ camping POI's is your cup of tea to find your daily PvP. Thats fine, you do you. However there may be a percentage of players that may like the idea of planning their time around a scheduled event to get their PvP fix in.

1 hour ago, Andius said:

The reason I suggest the rotating hot outpost is because honestly if it takes 10 minutes to cap and it's hotly contested, it probably won't be efficient at all. I imagine it could take an hour or more per cap and result in a total bloodbath that makes regular capping more effective. And I doubt 90% of the people showing up would even care because they would be there for the bloodbath.

"Hot" outposts is not a great idea IMO for the exact same reason you don't like daily events. It would kick the legs out from under every other outpost on the map, and the game would be dictating where you go and what you do, while giving only the illusion of choice.

There is no reason to try and create more PvP hotspots in CF at this point. The current map generation and pvp incentives create more than enough centralized pvp hotspots now that we have buff outposts, caravan spawners, and the number of wartribe camps has been reduced.

Its pretty much impossible to get anything done in CF without running in to PvP on TEST, and TEST represents a small fraction of LIVE or release players.

We already have fort and keep windows to draw massive fights. Not every fight needs to be a massive fight, nor do players need to be led by the nose in to PvP when the map is providing a properly scarce amount of content for players to compete over.

Give players a reason to track each other, strategize, feint, and even ghost each other or you run the risk of every fight feeling exactly like the last and the whole experience turning stale very quickly.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

5 hours ago, Hunt said:

More set timed events should be created to promote more battles and encourage people to want to participate. 

I thought a cool one would be a heavily guarded NPC controlled moving carvan wagon through each of the adventurer zones. It would start each time in a random location, move on a set path from one end of the zone to the other passing guard posts and camps. The resources from this carvan would need to be significantly higher than running individual pack pigs as an incentive to particpate.

This would encourage guilds to want to capture outposts in anticipation of the caravan path. During the event, all guards in outposts jump up a few ranks. All NPC guards guarding the wagon would need to be killed in order to take possession. Maybe set it up king of the hill style. Whoever controlled possession the longest in the end wins.

How many caravan did you do ?
i think i made something like thirty and sometimes they were heavily camped, and we were only one hundred on the dregs.
With one thousand, it will be a bloodbath to get your caravans.

2 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

"Hot" outposts is not a great idea IMO for the exact same reason you don't like daily events. It would kick the legs out from under every other outpost on the map, and the game would be dictating where you go and what you do, while giving only the illusion of choice.

Not unless you overdo the bonus. As I pointed out the efficiency would fall below that of normal efficiency if it was very hotly contested. I saw a lot of fights this Dregs where big long battles played out over and over and they took so long any reward one side got from winning is minuscule compared to what they could have gotten just farming another area. When you mark out the "slightly higher efficiency outposts" and everyone goes after them, and this group starts to cap then gets forced off by this group, and then that group gets on it etc. then even if say you should normally achieve twice the rate of points if you cap uncontested, the contesting part probably means cappers who really just want the win would actually avoid that point. People who just want blood would seek it out.

1 hour ago, Aedius said:

With one thousand, it will be a bloodbath to get your caravans.

Fair enough. If the server population is sustaining those numbers and PvP is as plentiful as you predict. No PvP set time incentive event's would not be necessary.