Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE - Make crafting more valuable by adding wartribe attrs

With the nerfing of wartribe gear in Dregs, as well as the drop rate, this helps make crafting more important in the balance than before, but in my opinion the wartribe style attributes like "Vandal's axe of the Irekei" are super cool and disapointing not being on crafted gear.

Seeing how easily? and quickly ACE added the wartribe coins to the Dregs loot pool - ACE could create another new wartribe loot item, call it a wartribe emblem or something, like "Emblem of the Stoneborn" or "Emblem of Precision".

When crafting a weapon or armor, perhaps a special additive slot can be enabled that can use these emblems which then bestows that specific wartribe gear style attribute.

--

Why add this?

The capability to hyper optimize your gear set for a specific tactical approach, like say - focusing on Damage Bonus: Enemy High Health, or Damage Bonus: Melee, etc. would simultaneously make crafting more valuable and provide more options for players to theorycraft and specialize their builds. You can do this sort of thing now, but eventually your wartribe gear will be outclassed on a baseline level, and also it will take tons of farming to make a full set of what you want.

If a crafter can do it for you now (put together your special gear set) crafters are even more valuable, which is a win for all players.

Edited by DocHollidaze
typo

I suggested a while back we should be able to add attributes (int, spi, con, dex, str) to crafted armor since they're already on wartribe armor.

Metal scales/plates require iron plus two wildcard metals which determine the stats.

So iron then silver/silver used to be critical hit defense.

My suggestion was instead of ALWAYS requiring iron on metal scales/plates, have that also be a wild card that determines the attribute.

So iron + silver/silver would be STR (iron) plus critical hit defense (silver/silver).

Copper + silver/silver would be DEX (copper) plus critical hit defense (silver/silver).

Tin could be CON, silver could be INT, gold could be spirit.

It works well considering there's 5 different metal types and 5 different attributes.

Apply the same logic to leather armor.

We should also be able to put the wartribe stats such as barrier bonus on crafted armor. There's stats that are available on wartribe weapons that aren't available on crafted weapons that should be options also. There are still open combinations for metal scales/plates as well as metal bars.

EDIT: Added bonus is it evens out the demand for metal a bit. Putting some much reliance on iron can be rough when the world generator gives us very little iron in a particular world. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Extract the prefix/suffix from the actual wartribe loot.

Want a full set of barrier bonus / anti crit gear? go farm WT for gear with barrier bonus. Have some profession extract that power and make that into additive. Have 5 additive slots for gear just like wartribe gear has. 2 prefix 2 suffix 1 attribute. Make it so that if you use any prefix/suffix additives it negates the stats already baked into the componets so that we dont end up with 15 stats on one item.

aeei5jG.png

I could not be more behind an idea than this one. Allow for two prefix slots and two suffix slots, dropped exclusively from wartribe. Doesn't need to be an extraction per se, could simply be dropped tokens, as OP described as emblems.

Extraction would also work, and engage a crafter in extract as well as input.

Edited by McTan

I really like this idea as well, some of the attributes on the war tribe gear are nice and would add some variance to weapons stats.

I've posted this as well, and so did mctan recently. I also asked in a live Q&A but my question was ignored haha

The buckles for leather and leather padding for chain/plate are perfect for the attributes for armor. Currently they are worthless, i think one adds OOC HP regen and one +stealth WTF

Edited by yianni

On 5/1/2020 at 1:06 PM, yianni said:

I've posted this as well, and so did mctan recently. I also asked in a live Q&A but my question was ignored haha

The buckles for leather and leather padding for chain/plate are perfect for the attributes for armor. Currently they are worthless, i think one adds OOC HP regen and one +stealth WTF

Yeah, I don't think we are conveying exactly how good this idea is. Specifically dropping prefix/suffix emblems instead of finished gear. Not adding a new system (disenchanting), instead removing completed gear from loot tables altogether.

(1) It re-establishes crafted gear as the only source of gear. A crafter can only make crappy, crappy white gear? Doesn't matter, it's the best gear in the game. The emblems dropped from war tribes are simply additives. The massive problem of having crafters feeling useless because of passive training gates is completely eliminated.

(2) It adds a massively efficient economic system through a more perpetual system of upgrading. That passive training crafters are complaining about? Now, the fact that it is small increments actually helps crafters. Every small upgrade a crafter experiences in their gear admits an incentive to dump current gear and use a new set of emblems. Crafter makes a .05% better piece of armor? Use up some more prefix/suffix emblems. And that gear is still subject to decay.

(3) It is built on a system (additives) that already exists.

(4) It is built on another system (prefix/suffix) that already exists.

(5) It is built on another, another system (war tribes) that already exists.

(6) It can/should be built on another, another, another system (gear tiering white, green, blue, purple, orange) that already exists. In that you can get the "Of Arkon" emblem in difficult qualities (I'd aim for white 80%, green 90%, blue 95%, purple 97.5%, orange 100%)

(7) It can/should be built on a fifth system (experimentation) that already exists. And it can partly clarify and simplify the system we have now. Want your +Arkon to be better? Cool, experiment on that instead of something else.

(8) It helps alleviate the frustration with RNG, where you get a great +Arkon paired with a counterintuitive secondary. Now, you just get a good +Arkon and feel more incentive to farm for your +Power efficiency to pair with it.

(9) It clarifies the economic exchange of gear a ton, making it more efficient.

This is such an important change, I really cannot adequately emphasize how much I think it should happen and how bad I think it will be if it does not happen.

Edited by McTan

There are a few ways this could be handled:

1. Allow a craftsmen to do some 'destructive study' on the gear to learn how to make it them self. This was the Earth and Beyond way. I'm not really in favor of this one, but it works. It adds one more hurdle in front of a craftsmen before they are truly a Master (at least it's an active hurdle), but once they know what they need to know, the loot and mobs loose value.
  2. Allow an enchanter (<- wrong profession, but it gets the idea across) to extract stats from tribes gear and form them into enchantments that can be applied on top of existing crafted gear. Possibly allow enchantments to be over-written? Power creep could be an issue here.
  3. Add loot only components to the NPC loot tables. These components could have the tribe's specialty stats in place of the current alloy/base stats, in addition to them, or even with superior stats. Combat players go get the stuff, craftsmen use the loot in place of their own alloyed bars, chain etc. to make it into gear. This was the SWG way, and it insured the best mobs with the best drops were always worth fighting over.
  4. Allow a salvager/tinkerer to extract components from gear drops with the specialty stats. (chances for failure, loss of potency, chance to improve or break via combination?) Craftsmen make it into gear as above. This would be my choice. It makes the loot gear itself worth something rather than becoming trash as the game matures. If combining for improvement is a thing, then even common trash will always have at least some value.
Edited by VaMei

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, mystafyi said:

build economy/marketplace, remove white everything, remove dropped loot, institute full looting and reduce amounts required to craft across the board. Problem solved.

And introduce factories

On 5/13/2020 at 1:43 AM, mystafyi said:

build economy/marketplace, remove white everything, remove dropped loot, institute full looting and reduce amounts required to craft across the board. Problem solved.

or find another game, problem solved.

Vendor are a good choice for when EK will be up 24/24, we will have secret market, in guild small price.
White must be good again against the droped one ( the droped stuff should be a crafting component )
Full loot wont work with the craft system
ressources to craft are not that massive for a guild, you just need to have the right number for each speciality.

If you dont want to explore in solo take a specialty like gems or mineral.

I really love the game loop.

9 hours ago, Aedius said:

or find another game, problem solved.

I really love the game loop.

You do realize basically what I listed is what was described by the dev's in kickstarter. There is no game loop.

15 hours ago, mystafyi said:

You do realize basically what I listed is what was described by the dev's in kickstarter. There is no game loop.

they didnt mention marketplace and economy is here with vendor,
craft with huge number of resources was here :

afd49c0b83befa023b9cc4a1df232b75_origina

White color for stuff means nothing : we always will get a lower tier stuff
They already explain why they added loot : for beginners experience and it wont be better than the crafted stuff in a few weeks now.

We cant have higthly specialized craft AND full loot ( you can see in albion how borring it is to have a small amount of stuff ).

So i dont see anything related to the KS in your comment.

1 hour ago, Aedius said:

economy is here with vendor

If you think economy is the vendor system we have in this game, then there is no point going further, your blinders are on.

12 hours ago, mystafyi said:

If you think economy is the vendor system we have in this game, then there is no point going further, your blinders are on.

I think you are the blind guys on this point, because vendors allow private shop : all guild will have an EK with vendors with small prices for the guild, crafters will sell parts for 1 gold, allowing people to play on different time frame for example.

Also, it allow commercial guilds with hub with vendors, private sell in some EKs.

The system is here we already used it in the past, constraint are that only one people can open a specific EK and we are missing players.

This game is not a straight forward game, it needs creativity and community.

Edited by Aedius