Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE - Make crafting more valuable by adding wartribe attrs

I think going down double prefix and double suffix route is a bit too much and pushes the complication of the system a bit far. I would like to see the speciality seal that is usually neglected on pure PvP armour to have the ability to have a salvager take a stat, give it to the runemaker to make the seal out of it, to then be inserted. It would give more variety to the system but not take it to such an extreme. Crafted gear really starts taking off with mitigation's and that pure dmg % you can get is wonderful to see and quite powerful, if you add war tribe bonuses or prefixes/suffixes to the fold i think the power curve increases too much.

Having 1 baked in using the current system i think will not kill balance, anymore than that and it could well be iffy. Of course if you dont want end level crafted mitigations, you can always take the super statted War tribe gear as an alternative but you know you will have less mitigation.

Armour does need something more at the moment, especially for the off pieces which are just bland in crafting.

A wonderful idea indeed, i hope they look into it.

(also, yes please on factories)

Vendor system is good enough but it would help the economy to at least have local markets. What I mean by this is simply a NPC that would show all items being sold locally (in one Ek, in one given temple etc.).

Searching vendor by vendor would remain an option but players could at least have some place to search specific items in local area, and buy directly from NPC, maybe at the cost of an extra tax.

Now, it is difficult to find items which hinders economy. Keeping market local won't impact the private Ek markets for guilds and will help economy in the open markets (cities, temples etc.)

5 hours ago, Galahorn said:

Vendor system is good enough but it would help the economy to at least have local markets. What I mean by this is simply a NPC that would show all items being sold locally (in one Ek, in one given temple etc.).

Searching vendor by vendor would remain an option but players could at least have some place to search specific items in local area, and buy directly from NPC, maybe at the cost of an extra tax.

Now, it is difficult to find items which hinders economy. Keeping market local won't impact the private Ek markets for guilds and will help economy in the open markets (cities, temples etc.)

Star Wars Galaxies had that feature (was a map feature). You could enter an item name and all the vendors selling or buying that would show up. It was a skill (for the player selling something)that had to be trained to get on the map for other players (like advertising or something). 

Eve Online has that feature also. 

Edited by Ironmike
  • 2 weeks later...

The issue mentioned in this topic has also been adressed on my stream a couple of times by people who watch the game closely and it's clear that Crowfall is one of their biggest hopes for a true Sandbox Action MMO with a sophisicated and truly meaningfull crafting system. It still feels that the dropped gear is breaking with the original promise that has been made. There has to be a better solution to get around the "giving new players access to acceptable gear"

This is my suggestion from another post: 

How about you go back to your initial promise and introduce a a crafting tier between intermediate and advanced gear, that can also be crafted and generates the gear that is currently droped from wartribes? Wartribes could drop components that can be used to craft equipment?!? This would also solve the issue that crafters have something to do right from the start...

I know this overlaps with suggestions that have already been made, but that's just my op opinion to add to the pile.

I don't mind the dropped gear for Alpha, but once we get into Beta and go to Live, I would rather see the only way to get really good anything is through killing & looting enemies who spent hours crafting the gear I will now wear...

Piikaa  |  Pkaoo

Crowfall%20Signature%20copy_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Pkaoo said:

I don't mind the dropped gear for Alpha, but once we get into Beta and go to Live, I would rather see the only way to get really good anything is through killing & looting enemies who spent hours crafting the gear I will now wear...

paper doll looting was completely removed.