Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Such a long wait...


Soulreaver
 Share

Recommended Posts

Took what seems like forever for the Frostweaver to come out.
30 posts and a ton of mentions about "when" will it be released… 

Once it's released : SILENCE!!!

 

Everyone chocked or something?  Lets hear some thoughts on it.

Personally I find it an interesting class with a lot of options available.  As with all the classes introduced there is definately some tweaking needed to be done, but looking at the overall gameplay of it...it feels nice.

I could have wished for the concept of Ice Walls, or large patches of slippery Ice with a slow effect on it ...or even an Ice golem to toss around.. but that's all candy.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, moneda said:

Hella glad it's not a pet class TBH.

They just duplicate the purpose of the confessor instead ...

1 hour ago, Soulreaver said:

Everyone chocked or something?  Lets hear some thoughts on it.

chocked by all the nerf 😛

but i definitly like the mechanism but how we put the ice on the ground, it's hell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a class i guess.It really feels like this wasn't their initial concept of it.They kept talking about new tech that they need for it (the pet aspect probably) but it feels like a blue mage nothing else.I would've liked if the ices would be physical so you could add some more strategy to it but currently its meh at best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with @pamintandrei that it likely wasn't the first version and I was expecting something a bit more unique for how long they took, comments made, and art shown.

Not a bad class but nothing really new or interesting either. The OP factor will likely be toned down, hopefully along with the visuals that don't fit the crowded combat gameplay has in this game along with the current optimization.

I've seen heal "totems" before, I've seen AOE bombs/traps before, I've seen them look/function better and not be the majority of what a class is.

No one wants to be one shot by low skill level stacking such things in a door way or whatever. It's a problem with a tiny population, can't imagine what it will be like with hundreds/thousands running around.

Is what it is though with the somewhat homogenized design of things, limited power bar and powers to go on them. Everything is rather straight forward and relies on gimmicks to do the work with good serving of LMB.

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I play only this class... 

The sad thing is it sucks right now. 

The good thing is it has potential. 

I hope ACE takes the opportunity and give this class more individuality. 

And ffs I need some ice aura and an ice field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Esdeath said:

I play only this class... 

The sad thing is it sucks right now. 

The good thing is it has potential. 

I hope ACE takes the opportunity and give this class more individuality. 

And ffs I need some ice aura and an ice field. 

It sucks? Are you playing the same frostweaver we're playing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some odd issues with placing ice and a few bugs with some spells/abilities but all 3 specs of FW are in a very good place. When you say the class sucks what exactly is it that you don't like?

aeei5jG.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats a good question all in one there is a reason I only play this class, and the reason is i love the class and the ideas. But the feeling by playing that class just sucks, i mean the stats and everything are ok but the problem is you can change the animations to fire and the class will also work. There is no feeling playing an actual ice class.

Well yeah thats my opinion and whith the quote "The sad thing is it sucks right now.  " I meant the feelting and not the class or the balancing.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Esdeath said:

Thats a good question all in one there is a reason I only play this class, and the reason is i love the class and the ideas. But the feeling by playing that class just sucks, i mean the stats and everything are ok but the problem is you can change the animations to fire and the class will also work. There is no feeling playing an actual ice class.

Well yeah thats my opinion and whith the quote "The sad thing is it sucks right now.  " I meant the feelting and not the class or the balancing.

 

 

I'm not 100% understanding you. You can also change the animation of the confessor to ice and the class will also work, so I don't get your point there.

What would make it feel like you're playing an actual ice class? Any other game with "ice" classes the difference is the animations, that make it ice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yianni said:

I'm not 100% understanding you. You can also change the animation of the confessor to ice and the class will also work, so I don't get your point there.

What would make it feel like you're playing an actual ice class? Any other game with "ice" classes the difference is the animations, that make it ice

Darkfall Unholy Wars - Even though the school was water 4 out of the 5 spells were Ice or Cold based which played completely different from the fire school which were both different from air & earth.  They shared some similarities in terms of being Rays or aoes but beyond that the spells had different purposes. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...