Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help please - Crowfall Test.

So I received an email today saying I was accepted to participate in the TEST server, but when I go to the downloads page where the TEST client is it says I have to purchase the game? Maybe im missing something,  Also if I go into rewards it says i'm apart of Beta Group 12.. not sure what that means.

We invite you to participate in these historic battles and to provide the valuable feedback we need to continue improving the gameplay experience. Download the TEST patcher on our Client Download page, scroll down to where you see “Download Test Patcher” and click to join us!

10 minutes ago, Karnfang said:

So I received an email today saying I was accepted to participate in the TEST server, but when I go to the downloads page where the TEST client is it says I have to purchase the game? Maybe im missing something,  Also if I go into rewards it says i'm apart of Beta Group 12.. not sure what that means.

We invite you to participate in these historic battles and to provide the valuable feedback we need to continue improving the gameplay experience. Download the TEST patcher on our Client Download page, scroll down to where you see “Download Test Patcher” and click to join us!

Welcome to the forums!

As to my knowledge Beta-12 is not yet invited to the playtest (we should be at Beta-3 right now, with the rest following soonish in steps, once 5.110 hits the LIVE server, if I remember correctly). But I may be wrong, of course.

To be sure, I would recommend to send and eMail at support@crowfall.com and ask wether this invitation was intended or not. They should be able to help you quite fast.

Currently your forum group (shown in your Avatar tab) is "Guest", which implies you don't have test access yet. Once you have access, it will show "Tester".

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

What you received was the Crowfall newsletter that they send out every week. It wasn't a personal invitation for you to play the game. The newsletter should have been more clear that you need to purchase a backer pack in order to play at this time.

As Kraahk said, some time after the new build goes to live, they will start inviting anyone who has created a Crowfall account but not yet purchased the game. We don't know when that will be, but I'd guess somewhere in the 1-3 month range.

When they do start inviting people, it will be done in waves based on when you signed up. So everyone is beta groups 4-11 will be invited before they get to your group. I wouldn't expect it to take very long for them to get through all the invites unless there are significant issues to deal with due to the higher population.

I got an e-mail today saying that I got selected to participate in the Beta, but when I go to the website to try to download it, don't give the option.
Went to my profile - rewards and also don't give me the option of "Consuming" the reward called: Beta Group 12.
Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

EDITED: 
So I guess was a marketing e-mail trying to get more backers, that was all!

Edited by LoboVendetta

6 minutes ago, LoboVendetta said:

I got an e-mail today saying that I got selected to participate in the Beta, but when I go to the website to try to download it, don't give the option.
Went to my profile - rewards and also don't give me the option of "Consuming" the reward called: Beta Group 12.
Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

Welcome to the forums.

Please take a look at this thread:

We apologize for the confusion caused by the wording in our newsletter. Access to testing is only available to backers at this time. We will send out formal beta invitations when the time comes.