Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Remove the lack of privacy in Guild chats and PMs


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Earlier today a couple of friends got suspended for something they said in guild chat. Out of respect for forum etiqeutte i will not quote what was said, but it was something that ACE consider as "slurs" under their TOS which we thought only applied to "public" speaking places such as the general or party chats. We had no idea that the guild chat (which is exclusive to our friends and community) was monitored aswell and that deteriorates not only for the sense of community and potential guild bonding but for the overall ingame free speech in private chatrooms which a guild chat could be reffered as.

We are not asking for the words that was said to be normalized, which is why we only posted them as banter with eachother in our guild chat but we find it silly that you can be suspended for saying something to a friend in a non-aggressively manner within PMs or private rooms.

A mod has already been contacted regarding this issue and he confirmed that the privatized chats are regulated aswell. The question is how they determine something as being a "slur" when it's clearly been said in a private chat, without anyone reporting and between friends. 

Edited by Malicious
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ble said:

All you have to do is act like an adult.  It'll be hard at first, but once you do, you're good to go.  It'll help in more than just Crowfall.  

Not about how a person acts but a lack of respect in regulating and reading through conversations that would be considered private

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malicious said:

Not about how a person acts but a lack of respect in regulating and reading through conversations that would be considered private

You are due no "respect in regulating" anything.  Saying you're entitled to something doesn't make it so.  Abide by the TOS, or get disciplined, simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hungry said:

Hey man,

 

I used to work in Social Media Marketing / Data Science.  If you think anything you say on the Internet is private I have some real bad news bud

I know it's not private but this is the first time i've heard of someone getting suspended for something said as banter in guild chat without anyone reporting it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Malicious said:

I know it's not private but this is the first time i've heard of someone getting suspended for something said as banter in guild chat without anyone reporting it 

Are you sure nobody reported it?  Maybe someone with a conscience a narc ratted you out.

Edited by Hungry
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hungry said:

Are you sure nobody reported it?  Maybe someone with a conscience  a narc ratted you out.

yes nobody reported - was also confirmed in a mod ticket (not naming the mod)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malicious said:

yes nobody reported - was also confirmed in a mod ticket (not naming the mod)

you guys got a really short ban for what you said, my ban was a perma ban for something i consider not even close to as bad what you guys said, and had wide spread community support for me regarding it. fortunately they changed their policies and it was retroactively changed, just take the punch and roll with it, you gain nothing by being on the forums about it

hoayaga2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hungry said:

OK thanks for confirming everyone in your guild is poorly made dergsty, good luck with your petition man it's very sympathetic.

thank you - not denying we aren't a community of misfits

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Staff said:

you guys got a really short ban for what you said, my ban was a perma ban for something i consider not even close to as bad what you guys said, and had wide spread community support for me regarding it. fortunately they changed their policies and it was retroactively changed, just take the punch and roll with it, you gain nothing by being on the forums about it

sorry to hear that - not expecting my friends to get unbanned just shedding some light on an issue that could save someone else from getting banned or them hopefully changing their policies again

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malicious said:

sorry to hear that - not expecting my friends to get unbanned just shedding some light on an issue that could save someone else from getting banned or them hopefully changing their policies again

Yeah imagine getting banned for saying a slur it's crazy we really need to pull back the veil on ACE's moderation it's out of control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hungry said:

Yeah imagine getting banned for saying a slur it's crazy we really need to pull back the veil on ACE's moderation it's out of control.

Not as simple as getting banned over a slur - but where and which context that slur was posted also has to be taken into account. We are unfortunately not gonna be the last ones getting banned over something being said in guild chat

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malicious said:

Not as simple as getting banned over a slur - but where and which context that slur was posted also has to be taken into account. We are unfortunately not gonna be the last ones getting banned over something being said in guild chat

Yeah it's gonna be a candlelit vigil when all the other people get banned for saying slurs in guild chat.  Please remember the fallen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ACE's in game policy is way more permissive than on these forums. If they decided to actually go directly to ban then the severity of it must have been really serious.

Man it up and grow out of it - the path that has lead you here is not the most fortunate one!

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Pann locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...