Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malicious

Please Remove the lack of privacy in Guild chats and PMs

5 minutes ago, galvia said:

DAE remember when Spider Gang was a funny crew of memers and general chat poorly made dergs posters?

K6rWEFa.jpg

Regret to inform u that the slur wasn't racist in any shape or form

7 minutes ago, Malicious said:

Bro right after you dips got kicked from DIS your boys were complaining in general chat for getting kicked for saying "Racist and Misogynistic stuff but oh well". They didn't even try to hide it or point fingers or something, just "Ah shucks, better luck next time I guess!".

Grats on this "slur" not being racist, and thanks for making this thread so that we can all see you for who you are! Go back to Albion or whatever, okay?

8 minutes ago, Malicious said:

Oh thank god it wasn't racist.  That changes everything.

1 minute ago, galvia said:

Bro right after you dips got kicked from DIS your boys were complaining in general chat for getting kicked for saying "Racist and Misogynistic stuff but oh well". They didn't even try to hide it or point fingers or something, just "Ah shucks, better luck next time I guess!".

Grats on this "slur" not being racist, and thanks for making this thread so that we can all see you for who you are! Go back to Albion or whatever, okay?

Haven't mentioned DIS and this post got nothing to do with you guys.

Sorry if u got this post mixed up with a spreadsheet bud maybe i can give u tips on positioning against elks as an apology?

Just now, Malicious said:

Sorry if u got this post mixed up with a spreadsheet bud maybe i can give u tips on positioning against elks as an apology?

I'm not on DIS rofl. Most of the community knows what went down.

I'm talking about your clear behavior in the forum, on discords, and in the game itself.

Buh bye!

Just now, galvia said:

I'm not on DIS rofl. Most of the community knows what went down.

I'm talking about your clear behavior in the forum, on discords, and in the game itself.

Buh bye!

This is my first forum post so have no idea what ur talking about

Fact is we got suspended over a conversation in a guild chat, not over calling out Dis on their spreadsheet usage and poor elk positioning

Have a nice day

imo Guildchat should be left to the guild to decide its interiour affairs, if somone affended by something in guild chat it, it should be with the guild leader and those parties not devs imo atleast.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Hi, hello, friendly neighborhood CS manager here. 👋

First, it's our policy not to discuss disciplinary actions or warnings with anyone except the individual in question, so I won't comment on the specifics of any suspensions/bans/warnings/such and so on. I can talk about the Rules of Conduct and Terms and Conditions in general, though!

We take the use of slurs very seriously. We don't like them and we won't tolerate them. There are plenty of nice, snappy curses that are wholly permitted in-game. Pick a different word.

Crowfall is a game centered on immersive group and faction-based PvP conflict. Therefore, it is to be expected that players will be entrenched in a hard-hitting, ferociously competitive in-game experience. In the midst of winning and losing, emotions can and will run high.

It is also to be expected that certain other aspects of conflict, including espionage and betrayal, will feature heavily in the tactics employed by players. So long as such activities are undertaken within the parameters set forth by the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct—meaning that no exploits or other abuses of Art+Craft's rules and policies occur—it is considered appropriate play.

Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game so long as the context is within the in-game conflict: ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse.

NOTE:

No elements of speech related to race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin and/or lifestyle preference are allowed in-game. If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game role playing context, the Rules of Conduct will apply.

All other prohibited behaviors, such as using exploits or making real world threats (as noted in the General Rules of Conduct) are still considered actionable offenses and may result in disciplinary action against your game account.

In consideration of the in-game atmosphere, we will be more lenient on language used within the game world. Players will have the option of tuning out harsh language or communication by specific players by using the Chat Filter and/or Ignore function.

We investigate infractions against the RoC and T&C after a report. I don't sit around and read chat all day hoping to snap someone up for a violation. That said, your guild chats, group chats, private messages, etc in game are all using our chat service. They're all bound by our RoC and T&C, no matter how private you feel they are. A real-world threat sent through DM is treated the same as one posted in public chat. Your best bet, if you're using Crowfall's chat, is to simply not break the rules. They're very lax in game.

If you're not sure if a word you're about to use is a slur, pick a different one. The world is full of them, and a lot of them are pretty great.

Jack Kirby
Associate Writer/Customer Service Manager

2 minutes ago, ACE_JackalBark said:

Hi, hello, friendly neighborhood CS manager here. 👋

First, it's our policy not to discuss disciplinary actions or warnings with anyone except the individual in question, so I won't comment on the specifics of any suspensions/bans/warnings/such and so on. I can talk about the Rules of Conduct and Terms and Conditions in general, though!

We take the use of slurs very seriously. We don't like them and we won't tolerate them. There are plenty of nice, snappy curses that are wholly permitted in-game. Pick a different word.

We investigate infractions against the RoC and T&C after a report. I don't sit around and read chat all day hoping to snap someone up for a violation. That said, your guild chats, group chats, private messages, etc in game are all using our chat service. They're all bound by our RoC and T&C, no matter how private you feel they are. A real-world threat sent through DM is treated the same as one posted in public chat. Your best bet, if you're using Crowfall's chat, is to simply not break the rules. They're very lax in game.

If you're not sure if a word you're about to use is a slur, pick a different one. The world is full of them, and a lot of them are pretty great.

Did you know you're my favorite.

34 minutes ago, veeshan said:

imo Guildchat should be left to the guild to decide its interiour affairs, if somone affended by something in guild chat it, it should be with the guild leader and those parties not devs imo atleast.

i can see your reasoning and i agree somewhat but ultimately ACE does own g chat so rip for us, but thats what we have discord for

hoayaga2.jpg

You just made it, @OnYourRight. :)

Question asked and answered. We're done here. If there are lingering legitimate questions about this policy, you can email Jack (support@crowfall.com) or me (community@crowfall.com). 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community