Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do we want PvE?


Recommended Posts

Looking for honest opinion from other players.

Do we want more PvE content?

 

I say yes. Personally I would love quests, mini boss's or something to enhance the leveling content and to promote social aspects of new players. Also could be a cool way of introducing some lore into the game. But I have heard people also say that it doesn't need PvE content and that's not whats intended. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are working on the new player experience which hopefully quickens/streamlines leveling and introduction to the game.

There is already a lot of grindy PVE elements to the game, most of which is the main driver for PVP.

I'd much rather see actual PVP focused content that isn't a byproduct of PVE. Stuff that requires enemies to participate in. Not standing in circles, taking empty strongholds, grinding mobs, etc.

Given time, I'd like them to add more of everything, but they have more then enough to already work on and fix before that should even be considered.

Some PVE features to add besides mobs/quests could be animal husbandry/breeding/taming for combat pets, achievements and ranking (titles, rewards, leaderboards), something for map exploring (they trashed map making), and there's that whole EK thing that hasn't seen love in ages.

Edited by APE

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great XP rewards from pvp would be what I want to see, pve is always meh for me some content fun but only once after that don't care and that's on all MMOs even ones considered to have great PvE content.   Its just an annoying step for me to level and get gear so I can pvp in most games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there should be more pve , would love some dungeons but then again there is no agro and healing is minimal already its one step up from GW2 with the pve aspect but im more traditional mmorpger tank healer dps and cc .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xomox said:

Great XP rewards from pvp would be what I want to see, pve is always meh for me some content fun but only once after that don't care and that's on all MMOs even ones considered to have great PvE content.   Its just an annoying step for me to level and get gear so I can pvp in most games

thing is there more PvE heavy players in the mmo area by adding pve you bring more players into the game which in tern creates more pvp

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, veeshan said:

thing is there more PvE heavy players in the mmo area by adding pve you bring more players into the game which in tern creates more pvp

The second they lose items from pvp they will leave, but I suppose some PvE would be fine just the game has been in development for awhile now time to finish up and release soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PvE is needed in the sense it makes the world feel alive. Like it or hate it, we can not not have it.

More of it tho? Depends on how they are implemented.

Quests could be huuuuge in the faction worlds for example. Receiving missions from the gods such that people have an actual objective for grouping and going out in the world? It would be great. Like someone said it fits the new player experience nicely too. It could work in the dregs but it kinda overlaps with the cards and guilds should already have no problem grouping for objectives.

Like APE said tho they have a bunch of stuff to add before they create new mechanics. He cited animal husbandry and map making, both being things I was looking forward to. Another was farming which I realy dont think we will have since it hasnt being mentioned in ages.

All in all we need to start focusing on getting things done, properly.

Edited by BarriaKarl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PVE Boss types that are event based, static spawn all over the world and announces their locations - with enough HP that people cannot kill them if they happen to have a raid next to it, before others get a chance to travel.   It can drop really nice loot.  Make it once a week.   The items could be very powerful but have very low durability - make it once a week.  Boss drops a chest on the ground, chest has a 15 sec F-key hold channel.  Items are not exportable (NA vs EU, hording items for a single battle).


Now tell me that wouldn't draw a crowd.  Thats how you use PVE.

Edited by Ble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ble said:

PVE Boss types that are event based, static spawn all over the world and announces their locations - with enough HP that people cannot kill them if they happen to have a raid next to it, before others get a chance to travel.   It can drop really nice loot.  Make it once a week.   The items could be very powerful but have very low durability - make it once a week.  Boss drops a chest on the ground, chest has a 15 sec F-key hold channel.  Items are not exportable (NA vs EU, hording items for a single battle).


Now tell me that wouldn't draw a crowd.  Thats how you use PVE.

i would like to horde them tho so i can wear full mythic gear and make a 10 minute video of me stomping noobs 1v5 like im not wearing the best gear in the game

hoayaga2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Staff said:

i would like to horde them tho so i can wear full mythic gear and make a 10 minute video of me stomping noobs 1v5 like im not wearing the best gear in the game

See @ZYBAK for noob stomping step by step strategy videos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nope, they already added leveling which wasn't suppose to be in the game, i'd rather have a pvp progression system in place like a ranking system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ble said:

PVE Boss types that are event based, static spawn all over the world and announces their locations - with enough HP that people cannot kill them if they happen to have a raid next to it, before others get a chance to travel.   It can drop really nice loot.  Make it once a week.   The items could be very powerful but have very low durability - make it once a week.  Boss drops a chest on the ground, chest has a 15 sec F-key hold channel.  Items are not exportable (NA vs EU, hording items for a single battle).


Now tell me that wouldn't draw a crowd.  Thats how you use PVE.

100%. Reminds me in some ways of Shadowbane mines. Everyone KNEW when they would be live, nearly a day in advance. And the victors got some spoils. It's not the only way to encourage PoI pvp, but it is one that is lacking here. Keep and Fort takeovers are way different, IMO.

Makes me consider they could make outposts function somehow in this way. Capped for 6 hours or something, then vulnerable again. If you cap it, you gain something good (not a buff, material goods - maybe gold, maybe choice between gold, dust, embers, etc.). Maybe make specific outposts spawn specific rewards (like mines in SB), so the bigger guilds converge on the best stuff, leaving for some really exciting small-scale PvP elsewhere. I suppose even Conquest points would be good. Anything but 24/7 vulnerability on outposts, please.

I like this idea enough that I'll probably make a separate thread for it.

Edited by McTan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...