Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

10 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

PvE that drives PvP conflict sure.

Instanced or safe zone PvE...definitely not.

That is a cool idea I didn't think of, having PvE quests, or a mission that makes you enter the PvP area to accomplish. The only thing is they cannot make it a certain area that will just be camped by PvP players who are just going to make completion of these impossible. 

19 hours ago, APE said:

Some PVE features to add besides mobs/quests could be animal husbandry/breeding/taming for combat pets, achievements and ranking (titles, rewards, leaderboards), something for map exploring (they trashed map making), and there's that whole EK thing that hasn't seen love in ages.

Please god no pet battles, dumbest thing to ever enter World of Warcraft. 

7 hours ago, Staff said:

non-instanced pve and raid bosses in the open world, things that drive pvp, not things that create a pve community 

100% agree, could have factions fighting over the chance to kill a world boss for great loot. 

2 hours ago, McTan said:

100%. Reminds me in some ways of Shadowbane mines. Everyone KNEW when they would be live, nearly a day in advance. And the victors got some spoils. It's not the only way to encourage PoI pvp, but it is one that is lacking here. Keep and Fort takeovers are way different, IMO.

I've always thought the motherload content would be more interesting as large, very difficult to kill, golumns that disgorged piles of material doobers when killed. 

Putting something like that on a schedule, and now instead of disgorging doobers of regular mats, they drop the construction blocks, would make for a different way to try to drive the same sort of competition as the caravans. 

Maybe put only white materials in the caravans, and better materials in something like this. 

TLDR;  I'm all for PvE content that drives more PvP and you compete over. I do not however want more PvE for the sake of just PvE.

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I've always thought the motherload content would be more interesting as large, very difficult to kill, golumns that disgorged piles of material doobers when killed. 

Putting something like that on a schedule, and now instead of disgorging doobers of regular mats, they drop the construction blocks, would make for a different way to try to drive the same sort of competition as the caravans. 

Maybe put only white materials in the caravans, and better materials in something like this. 

TLDR;  I'm all for PvE content that drives more PvP and you compete over. I do not however want more PvE for the sake of just PvE.

this^

hoayaga2.jpg

16 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

No,remove the leveling aswell its boring pve grinding.

edit:don't forget this was their pitch for crowfall
f9nbMS7.jpg

Ill say one thing every game that ive seen solely focus on PvP and ignore PvE is recent years has failed due to population dropping and not having enough people for pvpers to kill often leading to hour long trips around the world and finding no one to kill. Imo you need to have solid PvE content for the PvE crowd to keep an influx of player floating around the world for PvP players.

On the topic of leveling there i think they need to remove leveling the provides power spikes in combat aka skill locks and all that. Haviung gradual bonuses that build up over time by doing certain things could work though like super soft level power gains similiar to how the passive skill tree is to a degree.
I wouldnt be against removing the passive skill tree and shifting that whole system into the levelling system instead, would help curb muilti account or slow them down a little when they have to level all these vessels up to do everything instead of them all leveling through the passive gains.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

14 hours ago, Ble said:

PVE Boss types that are event based, static spawn all over the world and announces their locations - with enough HP that people cannot kill them if they happen to have a raid next to it, before others get a chance to travel.   It can drop really nice loot.  Make it once a week.   The items could be very powerful but have very low durability - make it once a week.  Boss drops a chest on the ground, chest has a 15 sec F-key hold channel.  Items are not exportable (NA vs EU, hording items for a single battle).

Now tell me that wouldn't draw a crowd.  Thats how you use PVE.

Would considering making them scale by players on the parcel or withing the area to prevent zerging them down tbh so people need to keep people away from it by pvping them before they get to close and buffing it up on the group killing it and what not.
Announced system like that benefite only large factions and if one guild/allaince is much larger than another they just zerg em down every time there up which is the only problem with it imo

Veeshan Midst of UXA

One thing you should note you dont need PvE mob to produce power gap items you dont need strong item drops and so on, You could legit just have a recipe book drop that simply allows you to crafted unique looking armor/weapons people will hunt and pve for different looking equipment. The recipe can be the same as the normal armor so the stats come out the same but they simply have different looks.
Can even put like 5 charges on each book so there in constant demand.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, veeshan said:

Ill say one thing every game that ive seen solely focus on PvP and ignore PvE is recent years has failed due to population dropping and not having enough people for pvpers to kill often leading to hour long trips around the world and finding no one to kill. Imo you need to have solid PvE content for the PvE crowd to keep an influx of player floating around the world for PvP players.

On the topic of leveling there i think they need to remove leveling the provides power spikes in combat aka skill locks and all that. Haviung gradual bonuses that build up over time by doing certain things could work though like super soft level power gains similiar to how the passive skill tree is to a degree.
I wouldnt be against removing the passive skill tree and shifting that whole system into the levelling system instead, would help curb muilti account or slow them down a little when they have to level all these vessels up to do everything instead of them all leveling through the passive gains.

We do have pve for pvers , harvesting and crafting , and i should it should stop there.And if you put any stats behind leveling that will be mandatory grinding.We should have to level once per account through the quest system to make sure everyone gets the basics of the game then we should just spawn with level 30.This is supposed to be a pvp game not a who can stay more in gods reach to level and farm contest.

We have enough pve right now ...
Maybe in the future to add some PvP we could have a little more PvE ( world boss at the end of winter if too many people are leaving before the end, stuff like this ).

But we have already to pass a lot of time in pve killing chief, captain, gards in the world, outside our walls to get plenty of pvp, not mentionning the destruction the nodes in harvesting.

Otherweise if you want PVE like dungeon or instantiate map, well, it's time to split time with another game.

The OP is fundamentally flawed. There is no collective 'we' with a homogeneous want, and the term PvE is so broad as to have little meaning.

IMO:

If you mean storyline quests, I don't think it's worth the trouble. It takes the devs longer to make them than it does for us to devour the content. They pitched an open world sandbox. They need to give us the tools to write our own stories and get out of the way.

If you mean daily quests that you feel compelled to do because of the unique rewards, I'm a no. If you mean optional dailies that tell you go here and kill 50 of those for some common reward, then ok but you could have just gone and done it yourself.

If you mean instanced dungeons, absolutely not. The only thing that has ever been pitched as instanced content has been the EKs.

If you mean expanding on the bosses, thralls, tribes, ancients and other open world resources, sure; but it needs to be worth the effort. The flattening power curve directly works against the value of that content.

Edited by VaMei
22 hours ago, Khalanos said:

Please god no pet battles, dumbest thing to ever enter World of Warcraft. 

I meant pets to use in combat (tame a wolf) that was a kickstarter stretch goal. Not a pokemon clone. Looking at how pigs work....it's fine if they forget about pets.

9 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

We do have pve for pvers , harvesting and crafting , and i should it should stop there.And if you put any stats behind leveling that will be mandatory grinding.We should have to level once per account through the quest system to make sure everyone gets the basics of the game then we should just spawn with level 30.This is supposed to be a pvp game not a who can stay more in gods reach to level and farm contest.

Crowfall is more a farm contest then what I consider a PVP focused game. Be it by design or how players use the tools provided. Combat and doing direct conflict activities take a back seat to PVE. Which I guess was the plan, but my own hope made me ignore it. Generic timed siege, ganking those doing PVE, and out farming/grinding others isn't what I would describe as a "PVP game."

On 5/14/2020 at 1:04 PM, Fefner said:

nope, they already added leveling which wasn't suppose to be in the game, i'd rather have a pvp progression system in place like a ranking system. 

I agree leveling should be removed, unless they add respec ability.  But man I got to tell you, unless a campaign is going on or my guild is all on grouping doing stuff together, this game bores me to death. I am personally not that interested in buying a whole other account just to be able to craft good gear or run around chopping wood, skinning, etc on downtime. But I would love to just go out and work on some sort of personal pvp rank or something that might help my guild that involves pvp that I can do solo. 

On 5/25/2020 at 11:41 AM, Khalanos said:

But man I got to tell you, unless a campaign is going on or my guild is all on grouping doing stuff together, this game bores me to death.

I'm in the same boat. Only been playing for a week or so but aside from leveling a few different classes to see what they're about I feel mostly done with the game. Crafting is completely useless right now until I get enough passive points to do anything. Even with a guild if timing doesn't work out to all be on together there isn't much for me to do. I could possibly grind mobs hoping to get gear or useful drops but even that feels completely random. 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:09 PM, veeshan said:

One thing you should note you dont need PvE mob to produce power gap items you dont need strong item drops and so on, You could legit just have a recipe book drop that simply allows you to crafted unique looking armor/weapons people will hunt and pve for different looking equipment. The recipe can be the same as the normal armor so the stats come out the same but they simply have different looks.
Can even put like 5 charges on each book so there in constant demand.

This right here. I have said this a lot.

World bosses that drop best in class crafting materials for weapons/armors that spawn at set times.

Spawning at set times helps to facilitate large scale pvp with many participants, this can work in conjunction with other timers that facilitate pvp so they don't overlap.

Pros:

-more hotspots created for pvp by pve content.

-a bit more flavor to pve content and an addition to lore 

Cons:

-Should be carefully balanced in order to minimise possible exploitation.