Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 5/22/2020 at 12:27 PM, jtoddcoleman said:

...it's a great question, we tend to not give too much direction because (1) we need help with coverage on all the things, and (2) you guys aren't employees, so we hate to ask for things that feel like "task assignment".

that said, in this particular case, a lot of what we've been focused on are performance issues.  so any help with trying out the new culling system, and finding particular areas or situations that cause fps drops (other than the obvious, like "a ton of players using powers in the game area") would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

There's a huge gulf between 'task management' and letting the community know what the focus points are that will let us help you. Pick any aspect of the client from front end gameplay and gameloop interactions to back end memory optimization and network activity, and you'll likely pique the interest of someone knowledgeable in that area of the game or technical field.

Help us help you.

20 minutes ago, VaMei said:

There's a huge gulf between 'task management' and letting the community know what the focus points are that will let us help you. Pick any aspect of the client from front end gameplay and gameloop interactions to back end memory optimization and network activity, and you'll likely pique the interest of someone knowledgeable in that area of the game or technical field.

Help us help you.

The patch notes (more or less) tell us what was fixed. They could definitely be better, but that's a good place to start.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, yianni said:

This is TEST in an ALPHA game. They don't have to announce anything. They don't have to cater to any guilds "plans" or "schedule". 

Now I can  copy&paste this answer of yours to every second post you make where you are whining and crying that you don't like this and that... and that this game is unplayable. The first person here who should always remember that this is TEST and not the final game is you.

Edited by SAM_BUKA
Made it a bit more politically correct. Everyone has a right to express their opinions freely at the end of the day.

I do not know if it is relevant but I found my fps go from 40-50 to 60 when i went windowed mode and it retained the higher frame rates after switching back to fullscreen for a short time. Repeated this several times to make sure it wasn't just incidental.   Not really computer literate but I thought running things windowed was an extra processing step through the .exe app and should negatively impact performance not improve it.  

Also thank you for all the great work on everything, really happy with the direction things are heading and the communication from the team is always appreciated.

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

this build is definitely not ready for prime time but I don't mind you trying new things daily if need be-- anything to get the game done faster and improve its quality

For the record -- I don't mind being given tasks on test-- its Test- this is development not entertainment

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995