Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordofCake

5.110 TEST Feedback for 5/22/20

Overall, I very much enjoyed my experience with this Dregs Campaign compared to the previous 2. Here are my main gains and thoughts from it:

1. Much less hitching, it's about 70% decrease compared to the last campaign. It still persists though but much less annoying;

2. Mass fights feel better because of the improved FPS. It's no longer a "Power Point presentation". Still needs further improvement though;

3. There are a few bugs which already feel like features of the game and I actually love that you can find some unique ways of doing things. So I see that nobody reports those features like bugs. This makes the game unique;

4. I loved the mechanics when we had fights like 2 guilds VS 2 guilds (there are even a few videos of those fights on YouTube already). It is great to see this feature working when alliances are created and destroyed according to the guild goals and immediate gains even if this alliance will only last for 1 siege window only and then we will be enemies again. That's what I've personally expected from this game (Throne Wars!). It feels like the game starts to live its own life and players start to actually lead the process / influence the game flow. It will be great to see the further development of these mind games and Throne Wars. That was my most vivid experience in this campaign.

Example: Winterblades & HoA VS Dissintent & Lord of Death fight, 3:30 (video from Yoink)

To sum up, there was no BIG bugs in this campaign which would significantly spoil players' experience and actually brake the whole game. Even though there are still a lot of constructive criticism and a lot of things to improve, it seems like Crowfall is already playable at this point without any "stoppers". It also feels like the game is ready for the next step - the more lengthy Dregs campaign: 2-weeks long, for example, or even 1-month long to be able to actually do more in-depth tests.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

I think I speak for many aspiring pig-herders out there, but perhaps keep a score on number of pigs turned in.  Is this a critical issue to gameplay now? No.  But there are many people who are avid pig-runners and I think they would appreciate a counter of pigs turned in on the score sheet somewhere.  This will help us decide whom to award the Supreme Swine trophy to each campaign.

A few points to make regarding gameplay:

TL;DR, siege mechanics are in a place where we can try different defense timers and mechanisms, especially on forts. Buildings need more health or less resources to make. Divine favor doesn't feel as motivating as holding points, and I added some suggestions for cards.

Siege mechanics could use some tweaks, especially regarding forts. With forts and keeps should really use similar mechanics where defenders can defend in a period of time (doesn't have to be trees since there isn't a tree of life), or I'd say make keeps be full hour like forts. If we're leaning towards giving smaller guilds a way to compete, then you gotta let them defend their stuff from big guys too. Owning multiple forts or keeps also makes defending take longer, or we can move defense timers to 30 minutes in. Lots of room to play with those mechanics if we plan on truly sticking to siege timers instead of instigated sieges, however, I'd hope instigated sieges is something we consider because it helps influence guild politics, which if I remember correctly, player driven politics was a point of this game.

Interior buildings like respawns etc. need more health. The amount of resources and time needed to upgrade them makes it super painful to watch someone launch only a few hits at them from over the wall and take them out. I'm all for being able to wreck each other's stuff, but make that stuff a little more beefy so defenders have time to react or save it. Let siege engineer help buff building health?

Divine favor just doesn't feel motivating to me, and I think it's because there's no way to track it during the season and the per member on every single card feels unnecessary, at least with the cards being how they are. What's more motivating is being able to see the top 5 guilds in term of holding points at the top and watching it dynamically change, as opposed to only seeing where people stand at the end of the season. It would also be nice if scorecards reflected the three professsions in a way? So each season one looks at harvesting (donating rarer things like soulgems, soul essence, blood, bone),crafting (crafting gear, specific items, etc.) and one looks at fighting (landless/enemies killed/skulls whatever). This can also be mixed an matched, maybe do 2 harvesting 1 fighting or 2 crafting 1 harvesting. And for harvesting and crafting set some boundaries such as blue or higher. It's easy to rack up a large amount of white and green mats, especially late game, so it would let the guild weigh between going for divine favor or using the mats for crafting. I like the idea of having choices where you have to give a little in a significant way. And I know it's easier for a larger guild to pump out more with man-power, but it still gives smaller guilds a chance to participate in core aspects of the game towards that divine favor without the unnecessary grinding. Either way you either get new mats and gear out of it or divine favor points. It's still contributing to the core goals of the guilds and promotes all three passive professions.

My only comment is: Holy poorly made dergs... the teleporting... 

I got ported back to the bank, from a Satyr camp 5 minutes (mounted) away. Just... what?

It's usually not that far, but, is it getting worse? Jesus... what's that about?

Reminds me of the hacks in Shadowbane where I ended up at the bottom of the ocean. Please tell me we're not repeating that...

15 minutes ago, Zyrkus said:

I got ported back to the bank, from a Satyr camp 5 minutes (mounted) away. Just... what?

It's usually not that far, but, is it getting worse? Jesus... what's that about?

Reminds me of the hacks in Shadowbane where I ended up at the bottom of the ocean. Please tell me we're not repeating that...

That's probably why they do not include all the tribes camps as they first need to polish them up. I guess if the Satyr is still that bugged, the Underhill and Aracroix are much worse. That's why we didn't see them this campaign.

At the same time, being able to teleport back to the bank right from the mobs location is not that bad ;)

18 hours ago, moneda said:

Can the scrolling combat text from the version of Crowfall in this video return?

It's easier to read than the current version, gives the UI/UX some personality, and is more informative (bleed damage is purple!).

Yes please.

Also miss the inventory only window without paperdoll (3:00).

9 hours ago, Dern said:

I think I speak for many aspiring pig-herders out there, but perhaps keep a score on number of pigs turned in.  Is this a critical issue to gameplay now? No.  But there are many people who are avid pig-runners and I think they would appreciate a counter of pigs turned in on the score sheet somewhere.  This will help us decide whom to award the Supreme Swine trophy to each campaign.

just needs to be added to leaderboards

6 hours ago, Zyrkus said:

cf.exe coming soon

9 hours ago, Dern said:

Yes, please give me my Supreme Swine Trophy

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

11 hours ago, Dern said:

I would also like various pack pig cosmetics, such as a pack pig throne, and pack pig god statue.

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg

once again PLEASE Scale back the percentage of completion needed to advance in offline training.

75 percent requires me basically to spend points in almost everything- which is a min maxers nightmare and leaves no one with a truly original build

All of us end up with damn near the same stat boosts, there isnt really any choice involved except the ORDER we select them--

I have trained everything I was even remotely interested in and now Its PAINFUL to train the things ill never use

We really shouldn't even need to train 50%!!  LET US SPECIALIZE!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

On 5/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, moneda said:

Playing a Duelist, flying through the air with their 20m dodge puts in perspective exactly how absurd that is. 😂 

It's true, a dodge should be just that, moving out of the way of damage. Not an infinite escape mechanic that puts you into perfect distance for ranged combat. Duelist is definitely OP compared to other classes. The dodge is one part of it.

7 hours ago, linc said:

It's true, a dodge should be just that, moving out of the way of damage. Not an infinite escape mechanic that puts you into perfect distance for ranged combat. Duelist is definitely OP compared to other classes. The dodge is one part of it.

incoming 20m centaur dodge

Some further thoughts on the NPE around the passive skills. As mentioned it takes a while before the passive skills really feel like they're giving me anything to work with and thinking about them and the slow progression turns me off from the game. 

A few things that could be done to help either individually or as a combination:

• Maybe have points accrue faster at the start and slow once you get above 25%, 50% whatever.
  • Allow people to start specing into any of the deeper trees from the start. 
    • Maybe have points in these accrue slower than the starting one until you unlock certain skills.
    • Maybe change the current mechanic of needing 5 pips to unlock a skill be used to improve the point accrual speed for those tree. That would give some trade off and theory crafting of which is better? Pointing points into the base skill to increase point accrual  and then jumping to a deeper tree, or jumping right into a deeper tree from the start.
  • Rework the trees to put some of the more meaningful pieces up front and easier to reach with further nodes expanding on those. For example in the crafting tree move all the deeper tree unlocks to be the second ring of nodes, with the other things (like experimentation success, harvest speeds, etc.) being after unlocking those skills.

I think any of the above would help the NPE giving you a more immediate sense of accomplishment in the trees while still having the depth and overall function that currently exists.