Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What if we didn't have chaos embers

Right now chaos embers are worth more than gold. Why not make large rerolls take dust that is bought from a vendor like domination dust. Now gold is the main resource 

I was thinking it could be gated in a vendor from a specific building like burs, but that screws smaller guilds. Which also brings up a good point. How are smaller landless guilds supposed to get burs

Edited by yianni

Vendors cant Deal with ce so yes. Right now ce destroyes the hole Economy loop. If you could buy ce from npc with Gold it would work as well but right now no one really need Gold in end game. Ce is everything that counts at some point.

Chaos ember ( and dust ) are the real currency. Why do you want to remove it ?

Why is it the currency ?
Because it's the only thing that everyone can harvest and the only thing mandatory in all craft ( for rerolls ).
You can take the value of an item by the number of required full reroll and compare.

I assume that trade will be made on this value not on the "gold value" because how do you build the gold value ? On the resources from the pnj ?

2 hours ago, Aedius said:

I assume that trade will be made on this value not on the "gold value" because how do you build the gold value ? On the resources from the pnj ?

You can get the gold value exchange rate through its opportunity cost.

So here would be a way, (this is the current test server)

(Avg time in hours to farm 1 chaos ember) x 300 = opportunity cost of chaos ember.

What is the market value? One can get the exact market value with a buy/sell exchange vendor. 

What is the problem to farm some chaos Embers? Even with current training you can farm 5-10 embers in 30 minutes.

But, for example, some minor disciplines, you cannot get anywhere.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

I just find gold has no value because CE, everyone want CE when it comes to trading so unless ur buying something with CE they usualy wont sell.

and no one realy sells CE for gold so it doesnt carry any value apart from feeding vendors which u dont need much.

I think the game needs something that a good gold sink maybe adding something on a vendor that needed often like re rolling in some form of crafting, could have small rerolls on greens and blues take these vendor items where purples and oranges use chaose embers and dust (Or allow large quantities of dust be converted into CE like 1000 dust = 1 CE)

Gold isnt realy tied in very well with the system to be in enough demand :( which is an issue.

Could add a wandering merchant in campaign worlds that sell Chaos embers for 10-20k per or something or somethign else that can be used inplace of CE for rerolls. Adds a little bit of pvp content that way and risk since u gotta carry that gold to the merchant. Could be a thrall merchant so he only spawns at night.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 hours ago, veeshan said:

Could add a wandering merchant in campaign worlds that sell Chaos embers for 10-20k per or something or somethign else that can be used inplace of CE for rerolls. Adds a little bit of pvp content that way and risk since u gotta carry that gold to the merchant. Could be a thrall merchant so he only spawns at night.

That would be a fun pvp event if a message popped up when it spawned 😎

tiPrpwh.png

8 hours ago, veeshan said:

Gold isnt realy tied in very well with the system to be in enough demand :( which is an issue.

That's probably because gold was supposed (in the original plans) to be used to pay taxes and upkeep costs but those things aren't in the game.

10 hours ago, veeshan said:

Except for those with a R2 or higher storehouse could just pop a mobile bank, pull the gold out, buy the embers, and put them back in the mobile bank.

#removemobilebanking

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

18 hours ago, Aedius said:

Chaos ember ( and dust ) are the real currency. Why do you want to remove it ?

Why is it the currency ?
Because it's the only thing that everyone can harvest and the only thing mandatory in all craft ( for rerolls ).
You can take the value of an item by the number of required full reroll and compare.

Then why have gold? Why do we need 3 different currencies in the game?

Right now if I want to buy a discipline people dont want gold

Edited by yianni
21 hours ago, Silverback said:

Can chaos embers come from caravans?

Directly?  No, you get stacks of resources only.  They cost dust to refine.  So unlike standard collection by destroying nodes and picking up dust/embers, you could say that the opposite is true: The opportunity cost of caravans is dust and embers.  The benefit of caravans is gold (not refining, just selling the bulk materials) or large quantities of quality ore.

Edited by Ble

The fact that dust & embers are being used as currency doesn't mean there's any problem with them, it means there's a problem with gold.

Gold is not scarce, a good store of value, or universally useful, 3 of the defining characteristics of money. CF has tons of gold fountains, but it's way short on sinks.

I've been railing on the need for gold to have value since shortly after I started the game. That was my 1st real thread on these forums; Gold Needs Value. Until the vendors deal in a universally accepted currency, there will be no vendor economy in high end goods and we'll be stuck with face to face barter for anything of real value.

Edited by VaMei
2 hours ago, Ble said:

Directly?  No, you get stacks of resources only.  They cost dust to refine.  So unlike standard collection by destroying nodes and picking up dust/embers, you could say that the opposite is true: The opportunity cost of caravans is dust and embers.  The benefit of caravans is gold (not refining, just selling the bulk materials) or large quantities of quality ore.

now thatll get nerfed for sure

There is a gold sink for crafting weapons in the form of weapon molds, just make it comparable to the amount of dust needed. How much ethereal dust is needed to small reroll every component on a blue weapon? Set the cost of the weapon molds to x3 that number (why 3? you get ~10 dust per harvesting node and wartribe minions drop ~30 gold). 

For the sake of argument, let’s say all blue weapons need 300 dust to small reroll every sub component. In that case, a Weapon Mold should cost 900 gold. If you’re crafting weapons for 10 people, that’s 3,000 dust and 9,000 gold, not including flaws on any component, which will definitely happen.

I think, just with this, we’ll have a non-trivial gold sink for crafting weapons. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

On 5/25/2020 at 3:27 PM, yianni said:

Right now chaos embers are worth more than gold. Why not make large rerolls take dust that is bought from a vendor like domination dust. Now gold is the main resource

Because that would reduce the value of chaos embers.

Chaos embers are needed for high-end crafting ... but can be gathered by 1st day noobs. In fact this is a part of the catch-up mechanic, allowing new players to contribute something important to the market. They are more likely to harvest resources that spawn chaos-embers, while high-end players will (generally speaking) be (more) sick of harvesting this stuff.

Trading chaos embers can give new players an edge they otherwise wouldn't be able to get. Mitigating other issues for both new and high-end players.

I think the use of chaos embers are a good approach to solve several issues on several levels.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 10% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

39 minutes ago, Silverback said:

Maybe the problem is that we need a gold coin sink into something useful, forts, declarations of war (made up), name changes, give it to the gods for buffs etc.

they are used to pay vendor, they are needed to craft parcels and will certainly be needed to pay a rent in EKs
but for now, it's pretty useless ...